1.    #1  
    It's been over half a year since HP bought Palm and we've had all kinds of leaks and rumors about future phones and tablets but interestingly enough we've heard almost nothing about WebOS printers or other devices.

Remember when a lot of people were upset back in Jun 2010 when then CEO of HP Mark Hurd said, "We didn't buy Palm to be in the smartphone business"

And in August 2010 HP Chief Technology Officer Shane Robison said, "Palm will influence a range of products including slates and other computers, smartphones, as well as next-generation printers."

So either this is the big secret that HP has been able to keep from getting out and there will be surprises this year with WebOS printers or HP has changed course and are not going to WebOSify their printer line.

Either way it's interesting that nobody has talked about this.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Perhaps they started to work on it and suddenly realized that webOS has absolutely noting to do with printing.
    I don't see how your statement could be true when HP is trying to innovate advance features into their printers. On the contrary HP is making their printers more appealing by having features like removable tablet devices on their printers to do quick jobs without a PC. HP has always stayed ahead in the printer market and I trust they will find good use for WebOS. It makes sense since WebOS is an elegant, easy and intuitive interface. Why not use it in other products?
    I read somewhere that HP had said they didn't see "webOS printers" until the end of 2011, or something like that. I'm not holding my breath... I think it will first appear in the really high-end stuff that HP makes, not in a $200 deskjet.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    but interestingly enough we've heard almost nothing about WebOS printers
    that's cause nobody cares much about printers so there's nobody hunting for the latest printer news.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    It's been more than half a year since the first post in this thread (and there are older threads), several news conferences and presentations have taken place, and I don't recall any recent mention by HP of WebOS being ported to their line of wireless printers.

This would help HP another way. Many consumers and businesspeople have no clue what WebOS is, so they aren't likely to seek out a WebOS device. However, if they were familiar with WebOS because they used it on their office or home printer... there's a foot in the door.

I know some of you have contact with HP. Any news on the WebOS Printer scene?
    Remember when a lot of people were upset back in Jun 2010 when then CEO of HP Mark Hurd said, "We didn't buy Palm to be in the smartphone business"
    I hate how much this quote was misconstrued and blown out of proportion. Guess what? I didn't buy my Pre as an MP3 player, and I still use it as one every day. I didn't buy it as a Satnav, but it also serves that purpose.

HP didn't buy Palm to be a Smartphone company. They bought Palm to make webOS their company-wide differentiator. This INCLUDES, but is not LIMITED TO, usage on smartphones. I don't know what it is that's driving people on this forum to this midnight black negativity where even statements about turning webOS into more than just a phone OS are construed as being harbingers of doom