View Poll Results: At CES, HP will announce...

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • new smartphones

2 1.34%
  • new tablets

6 4.03%
  • mixture of smartphones and tablets

59 39.60%
  • something entirely new that is not a tablet or a smartphone

0 0%
  • that really interesting things will be "announced in the near future"

82 55.03%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    So we are just a couple of days from CES, put your money where your mouth is and tell us what's going to happen. Is HP going to wow us with new devices or is it going to be more vague promises of "new devices in the future"?
    It will be the new webos keyboard and the hp ex-windows slate running webos.
    and yes both will be available to purchase ....soon
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    It will be the new webos keyboard and the hp ex-windows slate running webos.
    and yes both will be available to purchase ....soon
    The HP Slate does not have a processor compatible with webOS, so they would have to gut it entirely and replace the electronics to work.

I really think they might as well just have made a new device entirely if thats true. You know, one with a Gesture area, perhaps :/
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    HP, or Palm? There IS a difference you know.

I think they will announce the date of their "Apple-like", exclusive event, where they will roll out everything... phones, tablets, printers, toasters....

Apple never leaks, and never brings out new products anywhere _except_ their own events. I think HP / Palm may be stealing a page from the Apple playbook, and is going to hold it's own, exclusive event. ...end of Jan, beginning of Feb. so, and que the "doom and gloom crowd", they may not do _anything_ but talk about the Pre 2 and webOS 2.0 at CES. Oh, and HP will push the new web enabled printers. and "tease" the HP/Palm event. Heck, they may roll out 2.0 at CES. (or, at least, release it to the carriers.), and maybe an announcement that the Pre2 will come out on other carriers Feb. ...that would be enough to build buzz for a big webOS event.

but, then.... just maybe

...you'll finally be able to hold the whole world, right in the "Palm" of your hand.

or, not. ;-)
    Last edited by ToddK; 01/03/2011 at 07:12 AM.
    HP will announce a webOS based wrist smartphone with video conferencing a-la **** Tracy.

http://jed-web.com/dt.jpg
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I'm with Todd. Not much announced at CES but they will announced at their own launch event. Their presence at CES will be for corp briefings with their enterprise customers and OEM partners.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm with Todd. Not much announced at CES but they will announced at their own launch event. Their presence at CES will be for corp briefings with their enterprise customers and OEM partners.
    ....he may not be able to afford it, but, he _gets it_!

:-)
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    HP will announce a webOS based wrist smartphone with video conferencing a-la **** Tracy.

http://jed-web.com/dt.jpg
    ...and I'll buy two!
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    It's going to be the Pre 2 Plus!!! LMAO!!!
    The fifth choice on the poll should be:
    That really interesting things will be "announced in the coming Months"
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    It's been said before, but they're not having a room simply to give out milk and cookies.

At bare minimum, I see the VZW Pre 2 being officially RELEASED.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Arg, ill be glad when all this stuff is over with.

Palm/HP is not going to CES to annouce a future event. This is CES were talking about people, your there to show off new products. There not going there to say "Oh Hai, btw we have a event 3 weeks from now kthx. See ya then.

There will be new products shown at CES, you can bet your bottom dollar.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, they gave out millions of Oreo's in 2009.
    if I could I would "like" this comment a thousand times. Well said untidyguy.
    something is coming, they wouldnt reserve the room for products and promises of things to come, which everyone already knows about... or at least thats my oppinion
    This is the best line of the year!

Oh yeah, I forgot it's only day 3 of 2011...but this will be one of the best lines of 2011!
    We have all the rumors that say new products are in the works, codenames etc. And the largest consumer electronics show that palm/hp will be presenting at in there own room right around the bend. But yet the masses still intend to believe nothing will happen at ces. You have codenames, casting calls, accessories leaking, but yet nothing is going to show at ces. Gimme a break.
    IDK, I am a little disheartened with the rumors/predictions that a new Sprint Palm phone won't hit until Q2, 2011. I know they are, as I stated, just rumors/predictions at this point, but I feel sort of let down. Maybe the silver lining here is that HPalm will announce something better, sooner on Sprint and CES will be that much better than I am expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    something is coming, they wouldnt reserve the room for products and promises of things to come, which everyone already knows about... or at least thats my oppinion
    Is it common to have an important announcement at a major trade-show but send no notifications or invites to the press? It seems more likely that they would maintain some type of presence at CES if for no better reason than to look relevant.

I also suspect they will announce the P2 for Verizon, if that deal actually happens, and a wOS 2.0 rollout for existing customers. There are plenty of reasons to go to CES besides making major announcements.
    LMAO
    all i know is Palm and HP have great corporate discipline...theyve been able to keep leakage to a minimum the whole time before and after the merger...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast