Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81
  1.    #1  
    I work at a sprint store and yesterday i met our new HP rep she came in and just wanted to know the buzz about the HP acquisition of palm. so we were talking and she said that the pre 2 will be on verizon late january or early feb. and its by order only. you cannot play with it in the store if you want it launch day you have to go in, place the order and wait until it gets in. So i asked her about Sprint getting the pre2 or a new device. and she said that sprint is going to get and I quote "a High high end device in quarter 2". this is my first post and take it for what it is, but i am very excited about CES and what HP will deliver. also she said that the Palm name will be phased out
  2. #2  
    This is news that sounds more plausible than many of the other rumors and why I can see HP not announcing anything at CES. If they something up their sleeve, why tip your hand early. It's not great news for those of us waiting, but great news about a "high high-end" device that could put a smile on people's faces.

    Thanks Afleet! And by the way... Welcome to the P|C forums!
  3. #3  
    Yep, that makes sense on many levels.
  4.    #4  
    your welcome i just felt the urge to share. i didn't have to sign any NDA agreements so the news was fair game. I was set to take my talents to windows phone 7 but after this news i will play the waiting game. I love my pre, the OS is phenomenal hopefully they can get some developers on board
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Afleet216 View Post
    your welcome i just felt the urge to share. i didn't have to sign any NDA agreements so the news was fair game. I was set to take my talents to windows phone 7 but after this news i will play the waiting game. I love my pre, the OS is phenomenal hopefully they can get some developers on board
    funny i was on the same page, thinking about trying out the htc pro 7 coming to sprint next month. Though I ve been enticed by the OS, webos even at its current form is just so much better in all aspects. Great news to hear again that we will see something on sprint next year, hopefully HP/Palm hit a homerun with it. Also I heard it to be rumored 4G with the omap 4440 chipset. DID you hear anythign about that?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Afleet216 View Post
    I was set to take my talents to windows phone 7
    Nice.
  7. #7  
    Geez... with HP's pull, they could truly get some high-end processing power rocking in a hot looking handset. Also, if you look at how good they are at not leaking anything (unless they want it leaked), I truly wouldn't be surprised if they had bunch of big developers working under NDA to load up the catalog. But.. I refuse to get giddy just yet. I don't want to be let down just in case.
  8.    #8  
    @wellwellwell nope she did not get into specs. she was fairly new to her position and she was also asking if I felt webos was the first to do universal search and synergy. and stuff like that. i was trying to get into the new device but i had a customer and she had to leave. also The previous HTC Pro models have been horrible. I was gonna wait for samsung WP7 but Webos Has piqued my intrest.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Geez... with HP's pull, they could truly get some high-end processing power rocking in a hot looking handset. Also, if you look at how good they are at not leaking anything (unless they want it leaked), I truly wouldn't be surprised if they had bunch of big developers working under NDA to load up the catalog. But.. I refuse to get giddy just yet. I don't want to be let down just in case.
    im in the same boat, but to me though they dont have alot of success in the mobile space, keeping palms team internal I think was the best thing they could have done. Since most people understand Palm and webos shortcomings were financial. With HP a leader as a company, and as a brand all they need to do is take Palms vision and scale it. I think we are in for a great surprise.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Afleet216 View Post
    @wellwellwell nope she did not get into specs. she was fairly new to her position and she was also asking if I felt webos was the first to do universal search and synergy. and stuff like that. i was trying to get into the new device but i had a customer and she had to leave. also The previous HTC Pro models have been horrible. I was gonna wait for samsung WP7 but Webos Has piqued my intrest.
    oh ok, also good to hear about the pro models too. I had the diamond before never the pro models. Yeah Webos is easiest the best of the bunch to me, ima wait as well.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Afleet216 View Post
    So i asked her about Sprint getting the pre2 or a new device. and she said that sprint is going to get and I quote "a High high end device in quarter 2".
    That pretty much supports the "new webOS phone models in June 2011" theory that's floating around. This post would be a kind of an independent confirmation.
  12. #12  
    I think so too, cause Q2 is june and matchs right with a 2 year anniversary of the original sprint palm pre. Hopefully going forward a refresh wont be so long, now that Webos and company has some muscle behind it now.
  13. #13  
    This goes along hand in hand with what a Sprint store manager (huge webOS fan) told my dad the other week, that Sprint would be getting an HD webOS device this coming summer.
  14. #14  
    I was sure hoping it wouldn't be such a long wait. My screen is in pretty bad shape and I don't abuse my phone. I didn't put a screen protector on after getting a refurb thinking I wouldn't need it for long. Sure hope it's a glass screen as my plastic screened pre scratches way to easy.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Afleet216 View Post
    I work at a sprint store and yesterday i met our new HP rep she came in and just wanted to know the buzz about the HP acquisition of palm. so we were talking and she said that the pre 2 will be on verizon late january or early feb. and its by order only. you cannot play with it in the store if you want it launch day you have to go in, place the order and wait until it gets in. So i asked her about Sprint getting the pre2 or a new device. and she said that sprint is going to get and I quote "a High high end device in quarter 2". this is my first post and take it for what it is, but i am very excited about CES and what HP will deliver. also she said that the Palm name will be phased out
    Just wait. I can see it now. The usual suspects will come into this thread and say something like this:

    "Awe man! Q2 is too long of a wait. I'm moving on to.....!"

    "Palm is truly dead now!"

    "Why are they treating Sprint this way; making them wait until June"?

    "Palm blew it. I told you. They can't build any momentum by waiting until June. The game will have passed them by."

    "They're releasing a phone at the same time that Apple will release the Iphone 5. Why are they doing this? They should release it in March."

    "My contract is up in Feb and then I'm moving on the Android."
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Just wait. I can see it now. The usual suspects will come into this thread and say something like this:

    "Awe man! Q2 is too long of a wait. I'm moving on to.....!"

    "Palm is truly dead now!"

    "Why are they treating Sprint this way; making them wait until June"?

    "Palm blew it. I told you. They can't build any momentum by waiting until June. The game will have passed them by."

    "They're releasing a phone at the same time that Apple will release the Iphone 5. Why are they doing this? They should release it in March."

    "My contract is up in Feb and then I'm moving on the Android."
    Ironically, you ended up being "the usual suspect" that said all of that.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Also, if you look at how good they are at not leaking anything (unless they want it leaked), I truly wouldn't be surprised if they had bunch of big developers working under NDA to load up the catalog.
    I suspect that they have maybe 4 to 5 large companies/devs working on new apps under an NDA that will be used on all webOS devices using Enyo as the tools for development. This would be akin to how they provided PDK access to EA and Glu Mobile in late 2009 before they gave to smaller devs so that they could show PDK games at CES 2010. And I think that we've seen in hints of this with the New York Times job posting for a webOS app dev and the Amazon job posting.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  18. skutcka's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #18  
    Along a similar train of thought, this just came across one of my Google Alerts. It's a link to a new Sprint Ad with a Pixi 2 phone sporting a front facing camera.

    take it for what it's worth.

    Palm Pixi 2 Spotted with Front-Facing Camera in Sprint Ad?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by skutcka View Post
    Along a similar train of thought, this just came across one of my Google Alerts. It's a link to a new Sprint Ad with a Pixi 2 phone sporting a front facing camera.

    take it for what it's worth.

    Palm Pixi 2 Spotted with Front-Facing Camera in Sprint Ad?
    You need to read the front page Precentral. They shot this rumor down yesterday or the day before. It's the proximity sensor that you see.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  20. #20  
    pre 2 available by order only on vzw?

    when I purchased the samsung saga, it was the same scenario. Only stores that carried it were affiliate stores. That phone was targeted only at businesses, and was chosen over the treo 800w by vzw.

    so, pre 2 only a business device?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions