Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I doubt it's being categorized as a business device, but more like the companies not wanting to stock up on this particular device.
    damn you hpalm, 7 more days.
    Wow. I'm surprised so many P|C long time members so readily accept a post like this from a new comer. What "No pics or it didn't happen" comments, No "The Pizza man down the street told my cousin" jokes? At least ask for his Sprint ID.
    that'd be great! I wish HP would just openly admit they need developers and straight up offer money. Target the 1-200 hottest iOS or Android apps and have them create a webOS app that takes advantage of webOS. It's a small investment to get more people buying phones and tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised so many P|C long time members so readily accept a post like this from a new comer. What "No pics or it didn't happen" comments, No "The Pizza man down the street told my cousin" jokes? At least ask for his Sprint ID.
    LOL... I think it's because this one actually make sense and fits in line pretty well with what everyone has been expecting to hear. Lots of the junk rumors are those that are 'too good to be true', but for me this one pretty much makes sense with past equipment rumors and a plausible time frame. It's not the time frame people want, but it fits pretty well.
    7 more days to be shown a steak and then be told you can't eat it for 6 more months? That is a possibility you know.

Sent using taptalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    7 more days to be shown a steak and then be told you can't eat it for 6 more months? That is a possibility you know.
    Not all of us are chomping at the bit. I've got a device that is tweaked to what I need right now and am happy to hang on. If my device goes bad, I'll grab something else. Not all news is bad... it's just a phone.

BTW.. I like the new avatar!
  8.    #28  
    I just hope they improve the app catalog. that part was seriously lacking. the multitasking is amazing and Webos 2.0 looks great but if you have no developer support and no good hardware its gonna be all bad.
    Thanks man, that's my little angel.

Sent using taptalk.
    How many other people will miss the Palm branding on the phone if the OP is correct and it changes fully to HP branding? Can't we keep it Palm , even if it's something chintzy like "Palm, by HP"?
    Quote Originally Posted by xylos555 View Post
    How many other people will miss the Palm branding on the phone if the OP is correct and it changes fully to HP branding? Can't we keep it Palm , even if it's something chintzy like "Palm, by HP"?
    I thought it would really depress me, but overall what I really care about is webOS on a good piece of hardware, so as long as they nail it, I guess I don't care what it's called!
    Personally, it won't kill me to see Palm go, but not something I look forward too. I honestly think Palm is a better brand for phones than HP is. Who the hell has an HP phone? The Palm brand can be revived, and I think it's a better shot than making HP synonymous with smartphones. I'm also not to sure of the validity of the "Palm name going away" statements for the simple fact that palmPad is a registered trademark now. Why would HP have their main thrust into the tablet space be named palmPad if they intend to dump the Palm name?

I guess we'll see.
    This certainly sounds like the most plausible hint at what might happen. Verizon wants a low-risk way of not alienating those wanting WebOS while Sprint is more willing to take the lead (again) on the the "real good stuff".

I appreciate your willingness to go out on a limb and share what you heard. The objective part of me still calls this "no different than any other rumor" but this and reading between the lines during CES might be the only "tea leaves" we will get for a while.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Thanks man, that's my little angel.
    She's adorable, bud! LOL it's a much better pic than the last one.. u looked like a stalker in a park with the hoodie (jk) lol

Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    ...I'm also not to sure of the validity of the "Palm name going away" statements for the simple fact that palmPad is a registered trademark now. Why would HP have their main thrust into the tablet space be named palmPad if they intend to dump the Palm name?
    Very true... I can see HP possibly phasing it out over time though. Once (if) they build up their mobile market presence they would use the Palm name less and less until it was absorbed completely. They bought Palm for their OS and patents... then name will most likely be lost in time at some point.
    Lol that was funny dude, hey it was 15 degrees and I was picking her up at school. You think that's bad? you got to see when I'm wearing the sons of Anarchy hoodie.lololol

Sent using taptalk.
    The fact that the palm boot logo is gone should be clear enough to the masses that the palm name is being phased out. If anything they will only keep it for the *******.
    Let me make sure I got this rumor right. The P2 will be left for dead on the Verizon island, and Sprint will not get another Palm phone until iPhone 5 time. In the meantime, the PalmPad will be announced and released right about the time the iPad 2 makes it irrelevant to the mass market, nevermind, the Playbook. I'm looking for the good news in this rumor. I suspect that either the timeline is off, or there is something else HP is planning to release in the interim. Because if this really is it, then we are looking at six months before a new phone comes out. That is not good, and I don't believe that is accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Let me make sure I got this rumor right. The P2 will be left for dead on the Verizon island, and Sprint will not get another Palm phone until iPhone 5 time. In the meantime, the PalmPad will be announced and released right about the time the iPad 2 makes it irrelevant to the mass market, nevermind, the Playbook. I'm looking for the good news in this rumor. I suspect that either the timeline is off, or there is something else HP is planning to release in the interim. Because if this really is it, then we are looking at six months before a new phone comes out. That is not good, and I don't believe that is accurate.
    thats what it looks like, though people forget about this manta device, and this broadway device thats supposed to be released Q1 next year. The manta supposed to be a 5 inch device (hopefully not that big) and the broadway the pixi 2. Im assuming they will have those 2 devices and a 3rd once before this monster this summer. Also on the brand name palm faze out, remember HP brand name worldwide is number 10, which is even higher then Apple at 17. So if HP can knock their next smartphone and tablet out the park, then it will catupult Webos higher and faster then the Palm brand name ever would.
    Ya the rumor is only referencing sprint, but i would be surprised if the next phone they released wasn't their "best" big slab phone with 4g. After hiding for so long you cant come out with a whimper. At least thats how i see it.

That being said i dont see them doing a CES reveal and then a release in June like the original pre. I think we all remember how that one went. I see something more like what happened with the EVO happening. 1 to 2 months tops in hands after being shown.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    what features should we expect to see in that new device from sprint?
    what do we know about webos 2.1, 2.5,etc?
    a projector maybe? to switch on your car and a/c from the phone? satelite radio?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast