Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I was on the phone with Verizon technical support with a hardware issues. At one point they had me do a partial wipe which removed all apps and data.

I tried getting my apps back from the backup, but they must have been synced away.

So, how do I get a purchase history from the App Store so I don't skip any of the 100+ apps I used to have when I scroll through the 5000+ apps currently available?

Thanks for any advice.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    In case anyone is interested. The procedure is to contact palm support (I did it via the online chat facility). They can provide a list of purchased apps. This list matched my Palm Receipts emails so I'm good to go.

But... A couple of paid-for apps have disappeared off the App Store. I'm working with them to figure out why.
    I know a few apps have been pulled by their developers. Digloo was pulled when Digg broke their APIs and the developer didn't want to sell a non-working product.
    Does Palm have a policy about apps that we purchase and then they are pulled/disabled?

I can still go back and install any app I ever bought for PalmOS on my Centro/Treo phones.

It would seem that if the apps have a "perpetual use" license that most software has, that Palm would need to provide a way for a user to use what was purchased, or refund the purchase price... Are the apps in the catalog using a "perpetual use" EULA like desktop software does?
    Quote Originally Posted by Commuter View Post
    I know a few apps have been pulled by their developers. Digloo was pulled when Digg broke their APIs and the developer didn't want to sell a non-working product.
    Hasn't this been fixed since?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Does Palm have a policy about apps that we purchase and then they are pulled/disabled?

I can still go back and install any app I ever bought for PalmOS on my Centro/Treo phones.

It would seem that if the apps have a "perpetual use" license that most software has, that Palm would need to provide a way for a user to use what was purchased, or refund the purchase price... Are the apps in the catalog using a "perpetual use" EULA like desktop software does?
    Terms of Service for the App Catalog states that if an app is pulled and the user cannot download the app again, they may request a refund through Palm and Palm will process the refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Palm Terms
    DELIVERY OF APPLICATIONS: If delivery of an Application you purchased is interrupted, you will be able to resume or restart such delivery at no additional charge. On occasion, technical problems may delay or prevent delivery of an Application. Your exclusive and sole remedy with respect to such Application that is not delivered within a reasonable period will be replacement of such Application, or refund of the price paid for such Application if such Application is no longer available for download.
    Terms and Conditions for the Palm App Catalog | Palm USA
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup