Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've noticed that things are pretty quiet around here.Too quiet.Have you noticed that too? It's not strange to have no news or atleast one post a day but what is interesting to me is that I haven't seen not even a post of new apps which I see daily.Things are really slow.Too slow for CES2011 to be approaching. That's strange timing.Maybe P/C is giving us a hint by not saying anything. Silence can tell alot too.I might be wrong but it's just what I think. What do you think?
    Yup... it's pretty quiet lately, but that's because there really isn't anything new to report. It's always like this just before CES. Personally, I don't think HP's going to announce anything at the event itself, but will wait for a separate announcement in the lull a couple of weeks after that for any big announcement. If I'm right (it happens once every decade or so ) then it will be quiet up to just before the event, and will go nuts with complaints just after because HP didn't reveal anything. The a couple weeks later it will go nuts again because of an event HP holds to announce all the new stuff. That's just my though of the possible timetable though.
    always quiet xmas to new years... i can't keep hitting refresh on precentral all the time!! i'm just looking at the countdown to CES clock..... 7 days 17 hours 12 minutes to CES!!

2011 International CES, January 6-9
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yup... it's pretty quiet lately, but that's because there really isn't anything new to report. It's always like this just before CES. Personally, I don't think HP's going to announce anything at the event itself, but will wait for a separate announcement in the lull a couple of weeks after that for any big announcement. If I'm right (it happens once every decade or so ) then it will be quiet up to just before the event, and will go nuts with complaints just after because HP didn't reveal anything. The a couple weeks later it will go nuts again because of an event HP holds to announce all the new stuff. That's just my though of the possible timetable though.
    I have to agree with you on that.I was hoping we wouldn't have to wait a few weeks after CES2011 it's been long enough.But either way I don't want HPalm to wait any longer after that.
  5.    #5  
    I just wanted to add that Palm and hp have a booth at CES. I understand HP has a boat load of stuff to probably show.Laptops,PC's (no relation to P/C precentral,lol)etc. But what else could Palm be showing there? Why have a booth with nothing but software to show.I don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    it will be quiet up to just before the event, and will go nuts with complaints just after because HP didn't reveal anything. The a couple weeks later it will go nuts again because of an event HP holds to announce all the new stuff. ...
    Yoda has taught you well! (you are wiser than one might expect given your 2009 join date in these forums). I'll give your scenario an 84% chance of being "spot-on".
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I just wanted to add that Palm and hp have a booth at CES. I understand HP has a boat load of stuff to probably show.Laptops,PC's (no relation to P/C precentral,lol)etc. But what else could Palm be showing there? Why have a booth with nothing but software to show.I don't think so.
    Probably to show how well WebOS works on android devices? ;O [just kidding]
    palm is on vacation this week, they tweeted such. So no new apps, no news this week.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Yoda has taught you well! (you are wiser than one might expect given your 2009 join date in these forums). I'll give your scenario an 84% chance of being "spot-on".
    Lmao,but since you made a statement about how long a member has been a prt of this community. I would like to know how long have you been a member?
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Is HP known for holding their own events to make new announcements? I'm just thinking back to when Palm was first acquired and there was that hooplah when one of HP's top guys was saying they're not looking to become huge players in the smartphone arena or something along those lines. If I'm remembering that thought correctly then it seems unlikely that HP would have a special event for their new phones.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Probably to show how well WebOS works on android devices? ;O [just kidding]
    That would be something huh? That's like making us look at something that's not there and then given us a wedgy.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Is HP known for holding their own events to make new announcements? I'm just thinking back to when Palm was first acquired and there was that hooplah when one of HP's top guys was saying they're not looking to become huge players in the smartphone arena or something along those lines. If I'm remembering that thought correctly then it seems unlikely that HP would have a special event for their new phones.
    If I'm not mistaken,Apple,Microsoft only did that and maybe Sony.Mostly Apple though so no I don't remember that but then again CES goes a long ways back.Before I was born so I would have to do research to answer that with facts.
    There are big things happening with HPalm. HP moved a team of their staff to work specifically on web OS. The quiet before the storm always brings uncertainty. Even if we hear nothing @ CES we will hear something shortly after. I think it's smart to hold their own separate event to not get mixed up in all of the other stuff going on @ CES. I just hate the wait. It will be worth it tho. IMO.

-shag-
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    What I'd like to see in the air is 2.0.x streaming to my wimpy pre in the form of an OTA update....imo.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Lmao,but since you made a statement about how long a member has been a prt of this community. I would like to know how long have you been a member?
    It's right there in the left area of every post! (broaden your horizons ). My (perhaps not well-made) point was that history before the WebOS showded *exactly* (and repeatedly) the predicted pattern (since the Treo 300 days - and I've been a member here longer than this was a forum about phones).
    I've noticed that things are pretty quiet around here.Too quiet.Have you noticed that too? It's not strange to have no news or atleast one post a day but what is interesting to me is that I haven't seen not even a post of new apps which I see daily.
    Things have been slow for forever. If you're in withdrawal, just follow these tips to create your own news:

1. New in App catalog = Look through recent apps. Make sure hide app vendors patch is installed.
    2. PreDoodle = you can draw your own cartoon if you want
    3. Tip = look through the instruction manual or this
    4. From the Forums = Read through most recent forum posts
    5. PalmCast = Read through the forums aloud
    6. App Review = Read through app reviews in the catalog
    7. App Preview = Read through dev forum
    8. Read Engadget
    Last edited by stung; 12/29/2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: typos
    There's a whole lot of buzz on the interwebs leading into next week's big event - just not much about HP or Palm.
    I'm hoping if they don't announce new hardware/apps/whatev at CES that they at least announce that they will be holding a separate event and EXACTLY when it will be, and maybe a tiny taste of what we should expect.

As for the quiet... I think P|C is in the dark like we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    8. Read Engadget
    This totally works.

Just got a Palm phone? The best apps, accessories, and tips -- Engadget
    Patients, HP/Palm will announce something in the Comming Months!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast