Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good to see some of the pro palm supporters finally speaking up on precentral. Usually we let these people keep posting doom and gloom without fighting back.

The truth of the matter in my opinion, is that these so called palm haters are actually palm lovers who got spurned by the original sprint pre because of bad hardware or lack of apps, broken promises of flash, docs to go, and missing basic features that even the treos had. They have all moved over to android because of a lack of other choices. How many iOS or blackberry supporters do you see on precentral bashing palm? Not that many. Its majority android users that left palm for one reason or the other. Now they are using their epics and evos to surf precentral, instead of android central or droid life or whatever. Maybe it's because their devices are so error free and perfect that they don't need to surf those sites? No way, trust me from someone that has 3 droids in his family. They are far from perfect.

The palm community, both pro and anti palm, is pretty vibrant. Whenever any palm news comes on precentral's or engadget's front page the comment boards light up.

I think people are very passionate about palm, and If palm actually succeeded in the future, people would flock back. My honest opinion.

Furthermore, despite palms failures and owners frustrations over the past few years, precentral and the homebrew community have by far been the most friendly and useful community out there in the tech blogosphere. Alot of that may have to do with the the fact that there are only 2 webos devices as opposed to 2000 android and blackberry devices. because of the successful community people on other devices keep coming back to precentral. Some with only negative things to say.

Anyway, back to my original point, good to see the pro palm people finally speaking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Good to see some of the pro palm supporters finally speaking up on precentral. Usually we let these people keep posting doom and gloom without fighting back.
    Anyway, back to my original point, good to see the pro palm people finally speaking up.
    Yeah, I've been silent way too long!!!

Oh, wait... you weren't talking about me???
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The "iPhone on Verizon" rumor has been going on for months, possibly years. It's still bandied about as if it's fact, and even used (on here) as a "point" on why Palm is destined to fail.
    Except the iPhone 4 on Verizon rumor is coming from far more credible sources than, say, the Palm has new devices coming to Sprint rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Except the iPhone 4 on Verizon rumor is coming from far more credible sources than, say, the Palm has new devices coming to Sprint rumor.
    Whom are these "credible sources"? Bc they seem to be the same people that have been screaming "Iphone coming to Verizon" for the last two years. This group is made up stock analysts that make ***** up (see the Engadget podcast from 12-3-10 or read countless articles about analyst predictions) in the hopes of driving up stocks they follow and tech bloggers/writers that are commenting on analysts' comments. And the weird thing is, none of the analysts have solid facts to base their assumptions on.

But we do know that ATT & Apple have a contractual relationship. We know that it ends sometime in the next year based on what Randall Stephenson has mentioned in previous calls. Anything beyond is pure speculation.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Both are rumors. Neither should be trusted in the absence of other tea leaves. Let's not reduce the discussion to "my rumor is better than your rumor".
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Both are rumors. Neither should be trusted in the absence of other tea leaves. ...
    On P|C's main page:
    Verizon Pre 2 (finally) pops up in Best Buy systems
    By Dieter Bohn | Fri, 31 Dec 2010 10:29
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    The root question is why are all the talented people leaving Palm? The answer is easy: They don't feel their talents are being put to good use at Palm and therefore move on to companies interested in putting their talents to good use.
    Not all the talented people are leaving. And your easy answer comes from where, personal conversations with all of these people?

My guess is different people left for different reasons.

People really need to stop projecting their feelings or hopes as facts.
    Apps:

Turn the Dial Radio Directory (Phones)
    8-bit Miner (TouchPad)
    Turn the Dial Digital Edition (TouchPad)
    i hate to burst people bubbles in here but the iphone verizon version is NOT a rumor. they are currently producing cdma versions as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i hate to burst people bubbles in here but the iphone verizon version is NOT a rumor. they are currently producing cdma versions as we speak.
    Yeah, so says a guy on the internet. Must be a fact...
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If HPalm strategists aren't fully expecting a Verizon iPhone to come in the first quarter of 2011 then simply aren't doing their job. It would be like launching a brand new smartphone the same week as the iPhone 3GS or launching it on Verizon at the same time as the Droid. They had better be ready for it this time because what was so lame about the Palm strategy over the past few years that it appeared as if they weren't expecting any of the competition that came along. They seem to be constantly behind the curve.
    The problem with "fully expecting" is that it was supposed to have come in 2010. Being ready is one thing, "fully expecting" is another totally different animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yeah, so says a guy on the internet. Must be a fact...
    I don't generally jump in on these, but this one has been talked about all over the interwebs (tubes) for a while now and many sources are calling it a 'done deal'. Google 'verizon iphone' and you will get a couple hundred mainstream articles (not personal blogs) in the last 2 months saying this.

And Happy New Year everyone! Thank you for all of your support here at P|C - and here's to staying safe in 2011 (but while rockin' a new HP/Palm Phone).
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I don't generally jump in on these, but this one has been talked about all over the interwebs (tubes) for a while now and many sources are calling it a 'done deal'. Google 'verizon iphone' and you will get a couple hundred mainstream articles (not personal blogs) in the last 2 months saying this.

And Happy New Year everyone! Thank you for all of your support here at P|C - and here's to staying safe in 2011 (but while rockin' a new HP/Palm Phone).
    Personally, I really think it's going to happen this year myself - but then, I thought it was going to happen last year too. And that's just my point.

The iPhans on this forum (a Palm forum, no less), pooh pooh every positive rumor, point with glee at every negative, but expect a rumor that's been floating around for years to be taken as fact. Why? Because, it's about an iPhone, of course.
    why bother with an iphone when you can just purchase an ipod touch?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    why bother with an iphone when you can just purchase an ipod touch?
    you cannot make phone calls on an ipod.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    you cannot make phone calls on an ipod.

yes you can, however only over wifi.

certainly it's not a cellphone replacement for most people
    Not to hijack this thread, but did anyone else see a slight commonality between this thread's title and the Steve Jobs' slogan before the release of the MacBook Air?

And no, i'm not mentioning this because i like iphones. Quite the contrary, in fact.
    Back on topic, I've noticed that it's been unbelievably quite on PreCentral. I remember what happened the last time it was this quite. I think we are just days away from a slew of big news.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I think it's just New Year's weekend...
    Just drove by a VZW store on the way home. We didn't go in, but I could tell from the astral vibrations emanating from the store that there will be a Pre 2 on VZW sometime 2011. or a Pre 3 in 2012. (kinda hard to tell which, it was really windy.)
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    Just drove by a VZW store on the way home. We didn't go in, but I could tell from the astral vibrations emanating from the store that there will be a Pre 2 on VZW sometime 2011. or a Pre 3 in 2012. (kinda hard to tell which, it was really windy.)

sometimes I wish I could give a double thanks.

for unknown reasons, I feel that way about this comment.
    Last edited by windzilla; 01/08/2011 at 03:44 PM.
    There are four lights.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast