Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    the interwebs are a series of tubes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    What are the "interwebs?" Are they available for us normal people to read or is it for those inside the industry?
    Sometimes you just have to ask a redneck to get a straight answer!
    (In the absence of such resources, try the interweb itself!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Shut your pie holes and quite rumor mongering.

Palm is at CES. Fact

Palm is in the same room as always. Fact

Palm has annouced new products always at CES. Fact

Palm would not be at CES if there was nothing to be said. Fact

Stop getting your panties in a bunch and wait till thursday. Gezz..
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post

Palm is at CES. Fact

Palm would not be at CES if there was nothing to be said. Opinion

Fixed that for you
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin6 View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Lmao,

Seriously thoe, what would be the point of palm going to ces. To tell us the same thing we already know. Lets hope they re-introduce webOS 2.0 or 1.4.5. Perhaps they will tell us about the new Palm Pre 2.

There not advertising now. There not going to advertise old stuff. CES is a NEW event for NEW products and information.

Also upon checking, HP and PALM are in the same booth N246.
  6.    #46  
    Lmao,

Seriously thoe, what would be the point of palm going to ces. To tell us the same thing we already know. Lets hope they re-introduce webOS 2.0 or 1.4.5. Perhaps they will tell us about the new Palm Pre 2.

There not advertising now. There not going to advertise old stuff. CES is a NEW event for NEW products and information.

I agree with you,I went to the CES website and looked for hp palm and both have separate booths. you listed the booth number.If anyone doubts palm will be there go check for yourself. This is a rumor ppl started probably to make us loose hope.But it is a fact that Palm is at CES2011. Why would they have a booth? Not for a software upgrade like 2.0.Its called the consumer electronics show not Consumer Electronics and Software Show. So any doubter should just wait until then before you go speaking on things you have no idea about.

Palm is at CES. Fact

Palm would not be at CES if there was nothing to be said. Fact

Some people just don't want to look at the information that is readily available. Instead, they like to say things like Palm is not going to introduce anything at CES nor will Palm be at CES. They're the smartest guys on the internet. You just have to gloss over a couple of things to be that smart.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Lmao,

Oh, I completely agree with you. What would be the point of them showing up for nothing? I just thought it was necessary to point out you claimed an opinion was fact

Even if they do have a booth only to remind the world that they still exist, I will be happy. My overclocked pre plus can last me a while longer if it has to. I will probably buy an android tablet, but I want to stick with palm for my smartphone needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Actually, the last two times Jon Rubinstein opened his mouth at the D conference and some other one I watched - he seemed to have nothing to say.
    Yep they are getting pretty good at saying "In the coming months" and "Stay tuned" at some point in time, those timeframes have to run out. When webOS 2.0 was announced back in what Oct, coming months led me to believe by years end but thats about come and gone..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Yep they are getting pretty good at saying "In the coming months" and "Stay tuned" at some point in time, those timeframes have to run out. When webOS 2.0 was announced back in what Oct, coming months led me to believe by years end but thats about come and gone..
    Don't forget "Keep the faith." In the words of the Jon e-mail heh.

One word sums up the ability to believe timelines by palm. Flash

I dropped my phone insurance for this palm pre, so when it breaks is how long palm has to give me somthing new for me to buy otherwise its off to the enemy for another couple years.
    and you really expect him to share info at a conference like that? Come on.

rubi has bosses at hp. If they say 'shut your hole' he has to listen. He's under contract like everyone else.

Actually, the last two times Jon Rubinstein opened his mouth at the D conference and some other one I watched - he seemed to have nothing to say.
    What could he have said without letting too much out that would satisfy your need for information? I don't think that he could say anything to satisfy some people's need for information.

Did you want him to stand up there and say "we're releasing a 4.3 in slab phone that has a 1GHZ processor, 3G/4G, 500MB of ram, two cameras, new apis, a kick stand, slim design, makes toast, prints wirelessly, etc, etc phone? So when he says all of that info in Jan 2011 your next question will be when. And when he tells you when your next question will be how much. And then you'll ask why so high. And then you'll ask.....It'll go on and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    What could he have said without letting too much out that would satisfy your need for information? I don't think that he could say anything to satisfy some people's need for information.

Did you want him to stand up there and say "we're releasing a 4.3 in slab phone that has a 1GHZ processor, 3G/4G, 500MB of ram, two cameras, new apis, a kick stand, slim design, makes toast, prints wirelessly, etc, etc phone? So when he says all of that info in Jan 2011 your next question will be when. And when he tells you when your next question will be how much. And then you'll ask why so high. And then you'll ask.....It'll go on and on.
    Kick Stand, source or it didn't happen.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Rumors are starting up again that the IPhone is coming to Verizon, if so, how will a Pre 2 get any shelf space or sales support.

I still have a 15 months on my contract but I really hope to have a new Palm before then. This is a great phone, any better, even if just a little is worth an upgrade. Bring it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Some people just don't want to look at the information that is readily available. Instead, they like to say things like Palm is not going to introduce anything at CES nor will Palm be at CES. They're the smartest guys on the internet. You just have to gloss over a couple of things to be that smart.
    If "those folks" acknowledge that HP/Palm is introducing something new at CES, then that would force them to acknowledge that maybe the platform's not dead after all.

Then what would they do to pass the time, repaint mom's basement?
    I suspect he could announce 15 new products, and some folks would say he had nothing to say.

The fact is that he said several things to say, some folks just want to write off what he's saying.
    Why do you continue to try to tie **** ant little "trends" conferences with CES? As I told you before in another thread, they have no relation. Totally different venues. You really are a glass is half empty and going fast kind of person aren't you?
    Yeah, I guess you're right. A year ago I was saying that the Pre wouldn't catch on despite the big Verizon launch and that Palm wouldn't be able to sustain itself and would have to be sold. I don't know what's wrong with me.
    So you're a blind squirrel. Good for you. The dynamics were different last year, but you are acting like they are the same. HP has a ton of money and has sunk a lot of talent into Palm already. It's pretty obvious that they are gearing up to break out. Don't know why so many folks have problems seeing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    So you're a blind squirrel. Good for you. The dynamics were different last year, but you are acting like they are the same. HP has a ton of money and has sunk a lot of talent into Palm already. It's pretty obvious that they are gearing up to break out. Don't know why so many folks have problems seeing this.
    Bc they're invested in seeing Palm fail. It's a twisted sort of logic that these folks live by. They can't get past Palm's past so they ignore the present and make statements based on Palm's past as small independent company in the hopes that their arguments win out.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    The dynamics were different last year in the sense that Android had less of a foothold, Apple was in mid-product cycle, and Microsoft's mobile offering was a slightly reskinned Windows Mobile 6.5.

The first quarter of 2011 has Android everywhere, iPhone 4 on the nation's largest carrier, and a revitalized Windows Phone 7 that has as many apps in 2 months as webOS has in 18 months.

This is the market HP will be playing in and the odds of them making an impact are very long because their competitors are generations ahead of them at this point. I don't know why some folks have problems seeing this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast