Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    i am not a patient
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    It is good to see engadget pushing a great after Christmas story about webOS
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    It is good to see engadget pushing a great after Christmas story about webOS
    Just seen it just about to talk about it! The comments were all warm and fuzzy for the most part to.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    always quiet xmas to new years... i can't keep hitting refresh on precentral all the time!! i'm just looking at the countdown to CES clock..... 7 days 17 hours 12 minutes to CES!!

2011 International CES, January 6-9
    I think that is what we are all waiting for. Hopefully we get some answers, because I don't want to wait until MWC!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    It's right there in the left area of every post! (broaden your horizons ). My (perhaps not well-made) point was that history before the WebOS showded *exactly* (and repeatedly) the predicted pattern (since the Treo 300 days - and I've been a member here longer than this was a forum about phones).
    pk,I could`nt see how long you were a member becasue I was posting from my phone but I get your drift.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Things have been slow for forever. If you're in withdrawal, just follow these tips to create your own news:

1. New in App catalog = Look through recent apps. Make sure hide app vendors patch is installed.
    2. PreDoodle = you can draw your own cartoon if you want
    3. Tip = look through the instruction manual or this
    4. From the Forums = Read through most recent forum posts
    5. PalmCast = Read through the forums aloud
    6. App Review = Read through app reviews in the catalog
    7. App Preview = Reade through dev forum
    8. Read Engadget
    have to say that was sad,but anyway. I didnt say I have a problem with the amount of apps.I was pointing to the fact that everyday there`s new announcements and that was weird.Hinting at maybe developers are waiting for CES or already working on 2.o I didnt get my pre on June in 2009 but I did get it in November.I have never replaced it or had to.
  7.    #27  
    Well I just read an engadget post about palm hiring for hand models or whatever u want to call them.But it also gives a little hope if true about upcoming devices.I just mad a thread about it here with a link in the thread.
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...68#post2810368
    Yes, I would also like to buy a Pre 2, sooner than "coming soon". Hopefully it will be available on VZW, at or soon after CES.

My only fear is that a few months later they will introduce the Pre 2 Plus. Should I wait 'til summer to see what may be out? I don't want to be stuck for 2 years with a phone that should have been out this last summer.

Or maybe I should wait a few decades and get the full-functional Tricorder that comes with the latest communicator ? ? ?
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    Yes, I would also like to buy a Pre 2, sooner than "coming soon". Hopefully it will be available on VZW, at or soon after CES.

My only fear is that a few months later they will introduce the Pre 2 Plus. Should I wait 'til summer to see what may be out? I don't want to be stuck for 2 years with a phone that should have been out this last summer.

Or maybe I should wait a few decades and get the full-functional Tricorder that comes with the latest communicator ? ? ?
    I would just wait and skip the pre 2 all together unless it comes out between now and and the weeks of CES2011.I have long stated that the pre2 should not even be released.But hey who am I to put my views on others.
    Phil McKinney tweet frm a few hours ago...

"Currently in Frankfurt heading back to SFO tomorrow ... had a blast crusing the Med with the family ... Now its time to ramp up for CES!"

Not that it means anything on the Palm front or any front but I found this interesting with all the doom and gloom in these forums about what may or may not happen at CES.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    I would just wait and skip the pre 2 all together unless it comes out between now and and the weeks of CES2011.I have long stated that the pre2 should not even be released.But hey who am I to put my views on others.
    Exactly. If a person absolute wants a wOS device, they need to wait, even if Verizon/Sprint puts the Pre2 on sale tomorrow. Getting a Pre2 now won't be doing yourself a favor. You will be wishing you waited later on in the year.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Im patiently waiting impatiently. ;-) I would like to hear about the PalmPad and see if they create an EcoSystem with WebOS. Hopefully all developers are hush on all the new applications that are coming to WebOS after 2.0 is launched... Im hoping...
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Exactly. If a person absolute wants a wOS device, they need to wait, even if Verizon/Sprint puts the Pre2 on sale tomorrow. Getting a Pre2 now won't be doing yourself a favor. You will be wishing you waited later on in the year.
    Yeah but, I've got other reasons to want to get a Pre2 "soon". I've got an old Treo; if I had a Pre+ I'd prolly stay with it for a while. I moved wife and daughter to VZW, my Treo is still on AT&T; I want to get completely over to VZW so my monthly cell bill will be lower. And I want VZW cuz I get practically no signal in my building at work with AT&T.

Yes, I could get a used Pre+ so I could move to VZW. But how can I get a Pre+ when there is a brand new Pre2 out there? Oh, that's right...there is no VZW Pre2! : )
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by dint56 View Post
    ... Hopefully all developers are hush on all the new applications that are coming to WebOS after 2.0 is launched... Im hoping...
    If Palm didn't have a good story, might not some of disillusioned developers just say 'fudge' and break their NDA on their way "out"?

Can we take that this is not happening as a promising sign???
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/29/2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Posting around language filters
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Let's just hope that even if Palm didn't have a meeting room set up like last year, they'd still WOW us with something.

Sooo looking forward to a PalmPad. Worldwide.
    now this is just my personal oppinion, but y would they not announce something, they r being quiet for a reason, and with my optimistic viewpoint i think that they're getting their product line together, polishing off 2.0.x, and they're gonna take that SOB by force and steal the show from every other person there. just my 2 cents though
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    II'm just thinking back to when Palm was first acquired and there was that hooplah when one of HP's top guys was saying they're not looking to become huge players in the smartphone arena or something along those lines.

Hey remember that guy? His name was Mark Hurd. Yeah, he got fired. He was an *****.

He only listened to investors and slashed prices by cutting costs and completely deflating HP's Innovation department.

He was fired because of sexual harassment lawsuits that turned out to just be the HP Board trying to can him for having no future foresight in HP. He just wanted to maximize profits in the short run, ultimately killing HP's future.

He was wrong.

Bye Bye.
    oh i thought he was fired because he was using some company funds to wine and dine some employee
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Hey remember that guy? His name was Mark Hurd. Yeah, he got fired. He was an *****. ...
    Even before he got fired, I thought he looked just like "Michael Scott" from the Dunder Mifflin paper company on TV in Scranton, PA! (He certainly "played the role" pretty well! )
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    There's a whole lot of buzz on the interwebs leading into next week's big event - just not much about HP or Palm.
    What are the "interwebs?" Are they available for us normal people to read or is it for those inside the industry?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast