1.    #1  
    What do you want to wish for -- in terms of wanting a new Palm/HP phone? I know there are similar topics like this, but they are old and or closed out. I did check! And since we can't talk about actual news ... might as well talk about what type of news we are looking for. Please, if you don't want to wish for something, and all you going to say "None of your wishes will come true", then simply don't post. This is just to see what features we want -- and possibably to see what features we might want but haven't thought about -- and thats it. We aren't saying we will get it, but at least we can talk about something ... because every rumor that turns out is never confirming the other rumor and adds something new.

So let me start ...

I want one of two form factors. A phone much like the Samsung Epic 4G -- sleek and with a full keyboard -- 4 inch device. I would like it to have a OMAP 4 processor, but if that means waiting till June - August 2011 for that phone, I would much rather it have a 1GHZ processor (much like the EVO 4G and EPIC 4G currently have). I would like to have HDMI output and a nice resolution (does not have to be super high -- the same res. as the EVO or Epic would be fine). I would also like WebOS 2.1 -- with more features, such as Just Speak (a voice control service that if they add to WebOS -- they would call it Just Speak, like Just Type), more control over the calender and ring tones. Possibly a new Media Player for music.

If it is going to be no touch screen, I want the same features of the phone above but a 4.3 or 5 inch screen. I want to be able to have enough screen room for the keyboard on screen and be able to post on forms (often on iPod Touch with 3.5 inc screen it's hard to see the text while typing on screen -- especially when it's loading).

So with that said, what type of phones do you guys want? And yes, if you want to talk about a PalmPad then do so -- but there is a post for that, and it's here. Have a Merry Christmas ya'll!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I would like to see a 4" screen with high res like super amoled quality, a full actual keyboard, a 1ghz processor would be great with me, but something faster would be just as welcome, also a good battery that will last me a minimum of 8-9 hours, also and lastly a decent amount of internal storage at least 16g if no micro sd card slot is included, with 1g of ram.

All this is already out, and seems very doable in my opinion. Lets do it HP.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    An iPhone 4 Screen Resolution with a 3.5" to 4.2" screen, a horizontal slider keyboard, at least a 5mp camera with autofocus and 720p video recording, HDMI out, usb on-the-go, a microSD card slot, 32GB of internal memory, wireless N wifi support, and T-Mobile's 3G/4G network supported.
    Last edited by JLegacy; 12/24/2010 at 06:03 PM.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Sounds good. I'll take it. But I want to get 2.x on my current phone first. Santa, are you listening?
    With my pre- falling apart, I want better hardware. 1Ghz would be fine but if HP can squeeze in more than that will be perfect. Better battery life! As far as screen size, I think 3.7 would be the max I could handle. I would love to have a physical keyboard. Keep it a vertical slider if possible. Just Peak would be awesome but it's not a deal breaker for me. Last but not least, I would like for the hemorrhaging to stop when it comes to app developers. I would love to see developers give webos the same love they are giving android and ios. HP, flex your muscle and lets make it happen.
  6.    #6  
    Nice list of features guys! I forgot about Sprint's 4G WiMAX -- I want my next phone to have that feature, and since I also want a WebOS connected device -- of course I want them together! I also would like 16GB storage BUILT IN for music and video's because i REALLY need a MP3 player and I don't want to carry around my iPod Touch and my phone (which is why I want a new MP3 Player in WebOS!)
    pixi with alu-backcover

3mpx cam, stero sound, 800mhz 500mb ram, same screen, same keyboard, better battery 1800mAh
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    What do you want to wish for -- in terms of wanting a new Palm/HP phone? I know there are similar topics like this, but they are old and or closed out. I did check! And since we can't talk about actual news ... might as well talk about what type of news we are looking for. Please, if you don't want to wish for something, and all you going to say "None of your wishes will come true", then simply don't post. This is just to see what features we want -- and possibably to see what features we might want but haven't thought about -- and thats it. We aren't saying we will get it, but at least we can talk about something ... because every rumor that turns out is never confirming the other rumor and adds something new.

So let me start ...

I want one of two form factors. A phone much like the Samsung Epic 4G -- sleek and with a full keyboard -- 4 inch device. I would like it to have a OMAP 4 processor, but if that means waiting till June - August 2011 for that phone, I would much rather it have a 1GHZ processor (much like the EVO 4G and EPIC 4G currently have). I would like to have HDMI output and a nice resolution (does not have to be super high -- the same res. as the EVO or Epic would be fine). I would also like WebOS 2.1 -- with more features, such as Just Speak (a voice control service that if they add to WebOS -- they would call it Just Speak, like Just Type), more control over the calender and ring tones. Possibly a new Media Player for music.

If it is going to be no touch screen, I want the same features of the phone above but a 4.3 or 5 inch screen. I want to be able to have enough screen room for the keyboard on screen and be able to post on forms (often on iPod Touch with 3.5 inc screen it's hard to see the text while typing on screen -- especially when it's loading).

So with that said, what type of phones do you guys want? And yes, if you want to talk about a PalmPad then do so -- but there is a post for that, and it's here. Have a Merry Christmas ya'll!
    The dual core 1ghz omap 4430 is available now and could be shipped out in quarter 1.(2011) the dual core (up to 1.5ghz) omap4440 is not available for sampling until quarter 1. I would take the 1ghz omap4430 in a heartbeat.

OMAPô 4 Platform - OMAP4430/OMAP4440
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post

The dual core 1ghz omap 4430 is available now and could be shipped out in quarter 1.(2011) the dual core (up to 1.5ghz) omap4440 is not available for sampling until quarter 1. I would take the 1ghz omap4430 in a heartbeat.

Ah sweet! I didn't know that! Hell yea!!
    id like to see a new webos phone with the same or better specs/hardware than the evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post

IMO a dual core cpu for a phone is ridiculous. why have a pc then?
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    IMO a dual core cpu for a phone is ridiculous. why have a pc then?
    Whether or not it's ridiculous would depend entirely on what performance is expected of the CPU. If you just need to make calls and take 2 megapixel photos, you wouldn't need 2 cores. If you're trying to video capture at 720p (or higher) or video conferencing or watching an HD movie or just driving a high resolution screen, 2 cores might be enough - or it might not be.