Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    According to the article HPs Rubinstein Slams Android, Attacks iPad, Ruby's pretty upbeat about the greatness of his not-yet-finished pPad compared to the only other OSes that managed to succesfully release tablet devices into the marketplace in the past year. It seems like pretty big talk for a guy whose last line of devices don't even show up as a statistical blip when compared to the two giants he's poking.

    This should make for an interesting CES.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    According to the article HPs Rubinstein Slams Android, Attacks iPad, Ruby's pretty upbeat about the greatness of his not-yet-finished pPad compared to the only other OSes that managed to succesfully release tablet devices into the marketplace in the past year. It seems like pretty big talk for a guy whose last line of devices don't even show up as a statistical blip when compared to the two giants he's poking.

    This should make for an interesting CES.
    I think the title (not yours...the original article) is a bit misleading. While the Android remark - however weak it is - could be construed as a slam of sorts, the iOS one doesn't make any sense at all without the context of whatever question he was responding to.

    I mean, WebOS was designed from the "group up" (sic) to be a modern mobile operating system, but iOS wasn't?
  3. #3  
    he took time away from getting webOS out to the carriers so he could spend it saying stupid things to reporters? He need to assign public appearances to someone else and stay in the office.

    Ruby is trying to out-hurd the original Hurd, and he has a real shot at #1 if he doesn't shut up.
  4. #4  
    pPAD <--- LMAO
  5. #5  
    Besides the obvious remarks, one thing that took me by surprise is that the article claims that the PalmPad is going to be running on an x86 processor. Has this been confirmed by anyone? If that's the case, I can see a lot of PDK app developers having headaches when the PalmPad comes out, unless they include ARM emulation with the PalmPad.
  6. #6  
    very unlikely to use x86. that would be suicide.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    According to the article HPs Rubinstein Slams Android, Attacks iPad, Ruby's pretty upbeat about the greatness of his not-yet-finished pPad compared to the only other OSes that managed to succesfully release tablet devices into the marketplace in the past year. It seems like pretty big talk for a guy whose last line of devices don't even show up as a statistical blip when compared to the two giants he's poking.

    This should make for an interesting CES.

    The word from the Tech Bloggers and P|C guys is that HP is not going to CES in any big way.

    I think we cannot expect anything at CES except announcment of an invitation of an event in the future.

    For what its worth, doing a big apple style event AFTER CES makes more sense if they really have something interesting to present.

    obviously this isn't little palm anymore, its HP, they can go toe to toe with Apple in manufacturing, but they need to get the buzz going, and they won't get the same press at CES they would with an event all to themselves.


    Honestly, I would be more excited to see HP announce an event than to see them present at CES. I think an event unto themselves likely means a huge set of announcements.


    to that end i look forward to more crickets.


    and hey, look at the bright side, at least Ruby has actually used an iOS and Android device now*


    *According to some other report on the same interview
    There are four lights.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    very unlikely to use x86. that would be suicide.
    Yea, i don't know where that guy is getting his info, but perhaps we will see a netbook with touchscreen that does an instant on webOS as well as the usual windows.

    If HP could get some version of webOS onto every laptop they make as a fast boot option, suddenly there would be a few million webOS devices out there in users hands.

    ASUS did it with my eeePC and there funky linux fast boot OS. Im sure HP could do it too.
    There are four lights.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    The word from the Tech Bloggers and P|C guys is that HP is not going to CES in any big way.

    I think we cannot expect anything at CES except announcment of an invitation of an event in the future.

    For what its worth, doing a big apple style event AFTER CES makes more sense if they really have something interesting to present.

    obviously this isn't little palm anymore, its HP, they can go toe to toe with Apple in manufacturing, but they need to get the buzz going, and they won't get the same press at CES they would with an event all to themselves.


    Honestly, I would be more excited to see HP announce an event than to see them present at CES. I think an event unto themselves likely means a huge set of announcements.


    to that end i look forward to more crickets.


    and hey, look at the bright side, at least Ruby has actually used an iOS and Android device now*


    *According to some other report on the same interview
    This is what I ve thought for a while and think makes the most sense. Every Tom **** and Harry will have something to show at CES, so if HP wants to be a focal point, then it MUST do a stand-alone ala, Apple.

    Many here seem to think it must be CES or bust, which is crazy when your talking about HP. The entire tech market, major news outlets geeks, carriers, customers and vendors will cover what HP does, b/c they are HP, not just little ole Palm, which is now a spot within big ole HP.

    Like others I want new hardware and updates, but can wait for whats coming in 2011. If one cant wait, just go ahead and get another phone, then get the new webOS device later, since most here seem to always want the newest phone on the market.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I think we cannot expect anything at CES except announcment of an invitation of an event in the future.
    I do hope that at the very least they do this, and the event will take place at most a couple of weeks after CES.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    The word from the Tech Bloggers and P|C guys is that HP is not going to CES in any big way.

    I think we cannot expect anything at CES except announcment of an invitation of an event in the future.

    For what its worth, doing a big apple style event AFTER CES makes more sense if they really have something interesting to present.

    obviously this isn't little palm anymore, its HP, they can go toe to toe with Apple in manufacturing, but they need to get the buzz going, and they won't get the same press at CES they would with an event all to themselves.


    Honestly, I would be more excited to see HP announce an event than to see them present at CES. I think an event unto themselves likely means a huge set of announcements.


    to that end i look forward to more crickets.


    and hey, look at the bright side, at least Ruby has actually used an iOS and Android device now*


    *According to some other report on the same interview

    you have to remember too that even as of right now HP brand name is higher still then that of Apple Best Global Brands Ranking for 2010. So to me making a all HP event like Apple does, puts them up there a single enity type company. It makes what they have more of a big deal, like how Apple does when they announce new products. I think this is a great move for HP, I just hope they throw some new devices in the first 2Q's rather then the second half.
  12. #12  
    Keep it up Ruby! Kick his *** seabass!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    you have to remember too that even as of right now HP brand name is higher still then that of Apple Best Global Brands Ranking for 2010. So to me making a all HP event like Apple does, puts them up there a single enity type company. It makes what they have more of a big deal, like how Apple does when they announce new products. I think this is a great move for HP, I just hope they throw some new devices in the first 2Q's rather then the second half.
    Do you know what Brand Value is? I think you will find it doesn't necessarily mean what you think it means.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I do hope that at the very least they do this, and the event will take place at most a couple of weeks after CES.
    The problem is, CES is probably the only window HP has to get some attention.
  15. #15  
    If HP hosted a publicity event, every major tech publication would be there. They simply could not miss an event from a tech company the size and importance of HP. How many articles etc HP can generate from that exposure would obviously depend on what was said/demoed there.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The problem is, CES is probably the only window HP has to get some attention.
    Yeah, you can tell HP gets no traction with anyone, since they've been so out of the limelight since last CES.

  17. #17  
    Happy holidays, hparsons.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Happy holidays, hparsons.
    What, did Apple invent the holidays as well?
  19. #19  
    Well as much as I dont like Fruit I have respect for a company that can make a device that JUST PLAIN WORKS! Its fast and very rarely glitches. Say what you want but Apple and Android platforms work. Apps open quickly and there are plenty of them.

    I love WebOs for its simplicity and its elegance, But it has a long way to go to catch up w/ the competition. I touch an app on my epic4g and it instantly opens, I play angry birds on my Epic4g and it NEVER locks up, These seemingly simple tasks are non existent on my Pre+. Even Overclocked to 1.2 the ability to open apps cold is terrible. And my Epic4g lasts 14hrs before it hits 20% battery, My Pre..........mmm maybe 7hrs.

    I REALLY want Palm to succeed, I hope for the best, But Im afraid that until the Gpu is full integrated the speed issues are not going to get better. Now I know faster processors will help but thats still a half baked fix for the speed issues. Since basically everything in WebOs is webpage based theres going to be lag.


    Go Palm!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  20. #20  
    More speculation based on what? Speculation? Why don't you mother hens go and enjoy the holidays and wait for the CES.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions