Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    WHY, oh WHY do you keep on bringing up the milk and cookies!? CES........CookiES? connection.......I think so
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    WHY, oh WHY do you keep on bringing up the milk and cookies!? CES........CookiES? connection.......I think so
    Someone else actually said something to that fact and I thought it was a silly way to make a serious point. I don't know why people think Palm would rent that large room, 3 years in a row, having shown off hardware the last two times, since this is CES, and suddenly not show any hardware this year. Makes no sense, so the milk and cookies goes good with it.

I keep hoping people will wake up and see reality. The only statements that have actually come from HP/Palm all indicate a lot of hardware and some of it in the first quarter. I believe those statements and common sense over these over-hyped "unnamed sources" stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcurrens View Post
    First of all, I kinda lost interest after the "HP won't be at CES" part. Unless I missed something, they have a huge room reserved...

Second, HP has said they will release a WebOS device every two months in 2011. Skipping the first six months of 2011 doesn't seem likely.

I call BS on the whole quote.

Damn took the words right outta my mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Someone else actually said something to that fact and I thought it was a silly way to make a serious point. I don't know why people think Palm would rent that large room, 3 years in a row, having shown off hardware the last two times, since this is CES, and suddenly not show any hardware this year. Makes no sense, so the milk and cookies goes good with it.

I keep hoping people will wake up and see reality. The only statements that have actually come from HP/Palm all indicate a lot of hardware and some of it in the first quarter. I believe those statements and common sense over these over-hyped "unnamed sources" stuff.
    Well it's because the same reason HP spent 4.5 Billion dollars last year on various aquisitions, they want to make sure that they don't have any assets for when they declare bankruptcy, silly. Also it just shows the rest of the world how HUGE they really are, by taking up prime real estate at the CES and then not showing up.....lol
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    LOL I couldve made all that up myself. Worthless
    Man ... it's starting to look pretty bleak. I think I might be headed for the murky waters of Android, if only briefly. I really, really need a bigger, faster phone. :-/ I'll come back to WebOS as soon as I can, but right now my need for a big superphone with a quadband GSM radio (international travel) is starting to outweigh the cost benefits of staying on my Sprint Pre minus.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    oh man, if all these rumors come right... oh man, that's gonna' be huge blow to the WebOS community... not cool, I'm still hopeful though... let's wait for CES and see what understand out of it, the rest will be history...
  8.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by corolla90 View Post
    Per WebOSRoundup.com,

Rumors Galore: Why isnt HP at CES? When will Sprint get a new phone? When will the Pre get webOS 2.0? We have answers. | webOSroundup

Their sources claim there will be no new Sprint webOS phones till June 2011, but that it will be a 4G WiMax phone. Check out the link for more details.

EDIT: Figure I might as well just paste the article here:
    So far, this article seems to be panning out. HP did not introduce anything webOS-related at CES, and is holding their own event come Feb. 9. I just hope the rumor about no new webOS phones on Sprint till June is simply that, a rumor, and does not pan out to be a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by dotone View Post
    oh man, if all these rumors come right... oh man, that's gonna' be huge blow to the WebOS community... not cool, I'm still hopeful though... let's wait for CES and see what understand out of it, the rest will be history...
    Guys... it could be worse... we could be N8 fans. =/
    (No offense to any Symbian *******/girls out there. The N8's another awesome, underrated device. =])
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/17/2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: do not post around our language filters
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Guys... it could be worse... we could be N8 fans. =/
    (No offense to any Symbian *******/girls out there. The N8's another awesome, underrated device. =])
    HA! I liked that one. No offense Symbian fans but I been waiting for more info on Nokia and I just don't see it.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/17/2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    I don't know. The more I read, the more I expect a webOS phone to be available on Sprint much sooner than later. Guess it doesn't matter. I'll wait until March if absolutely necessary to get a new webOS device. If it's going to be later than that, hello Android.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    The rumor seems to be holding up. This was posted in December before we knew anything about the February 9th event. I think that June is too far out to say that is when Sprint will carry the next webOS device, but then again, that would kind of make sense. (2 years anniversary of the FIRST webOS device) If it is a Sprint exclusive then that sounds like a good thing. Let's see what happens.
    think weeks not months anymore
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    (2 years anniversary of the FIRST webOS device) If it is a Sprint exclusive then that sounds like a good thing. Let's see what happens.
    But remember the $150 discount (+ rebates and incentives) comes at 22 months...not 24.
    and original sprint pre owners have been eligible to upgrade since june 2010
    This article is a month and a half old and was researched even longer ago than that. With the advent of HP's big day coming soon, I'd say this article has been rendered moot (for now anyways).

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    how is it moot when everything in the article has come to fruition so far?
    WHat time is the announcement tomorrow ?? anyone know ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    WHat time is the announcement tomorrow ?? anyone know ??
    The Sprint announcement isn't until 6 pm. That might be Eastern, I'm not sure though.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123