Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I do find it odd that P|C has not posted an article referring to the rumors that HPalm will not be showing any new products at CES (as posted on the webOSroundup site). They haven't shied away from posting other articles that refer to rumors on other sites, but they have not posted this one. Assuming they do have some "knowledge" of a hardware announcement at CES, why not post about the rumor anyway - so it looks like business as usual. I find that intriguing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    I do find it odd that P|C has not posted an article referring to the rumors that HPalm will not be showing any new products at CES (as posted on the webOSroundup site). They haven't shied away from posting other articles that refer to rumors on other sites, but they have not posted this one. Assuming they do have some "knowledge" of a hardware announcement at CES, why not post about the rumor anyway - so it looks like business as usual. I find that intriguing.
    Agreed. I believe the reason why they haven't picked up any of such rumors (that "HP employee" must have contacted P|C too) is that they already have something in hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    I think they are selective when it comes to the front page. Rumors are rumors, but it seems like they would rather post the ones about new hardware, complete with "I want to believe" images, rather than post ones that have negative implications for Palm. Precentral is more of a pro-Palm website than a Palm news website, if you get what I mean. I was surprised when they didn't post up the information I gave to them that had the latest numbers relating to webos developer interest for the coming year. It probably was because the numbers were so bad.
    This isn't correct. PC has definitely posts negative articles, and they are often critical in the Palmcasts. They seem to really go out of their way to be a "news site" and not a fan site.

PC isn't the type of site that would get (or want) unannounced products to review. They might get access before they ship, but not before announcement. IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This isn't correct. PC has definitely posts negative articles, and they are often critical in the Palmcasts. They seem to really go out of their way to be a "news site" and not a fan site.

PC isn't the type of site that would get (or want) unannounced products to review. They might get access before they ship, but not before announcement. IMHO
    Yes, they do post negative articles. That is great, but negative articles do not a "news site" make. Real news sites don't openly bias each one of their articles one way or the other and use words like "hopefully", etc. You can't tell me the articles here are obviously unbiased, right? It seems like they always post up some type of news, and then the writer will inject whatever opinion he/she has of it into there, and the opinion just happens to be pro-Palm.

I felt like I had some significantly bad news about app growth in 2011, but that wasn't put up. I'm sure they heard the same rumors about CES that webosroundup had, but they didn't go up either. Why is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Yes, they do post negative articles. That is great, but negative articles do not a "news site" make. Real news sites don't openly bias each one of their articles one way or the other and use words like "hopefully", etc. You can't tell me the articles here are obviously unbiased, right? It seems like they always post up some type of news, and then the writer will inject whatever opinion he/she has of it into there, and the opinion just happens to be pro-Palm.

I felt like I had some significantly bad news about app growth in 2011, but that wasn't put up. I'm sure they heard the same rumors about CES that webosroundup had, but they didn't go up either. Why is this?

Well the webOSroundup rumor was based an a unnamed, cannot verify "source". They even precluded the blog saying that they dont even know if this guy really works for HP. There is a lot of inferring going on here...

I think the best advice that already some PC members are giving is that to wait, CES is a couple weeks away and see what happens. Either they are releasing phones, announcing phones for future release or not saying sh!t at all. Once CES comes, then you can make a well informed decision to leave webOS, stay and wait for new hardware, or make a temp change and come back a year from now when new hardware is available.

I want webOS more than the next guy at PC, but I will not live at the mercy of HP. If they dont release... cool. If they do: also cool. I will wait till CES and then reexamine my position then.
    What urks me is that Pre Central is in with Palm on stuff and keeps secrets for them like they did with the Pre 2. That really bothers me. Its supposed to be an enduser discussion forum, not Palms cronies. This is why I depend on Engadget and Gizmodo for the goods. Besides, it often seems that PC is the last to know on news at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    What urks me is that Pre Central is in with Palm on stuff and keeps secrets for them like they did with the Pre 2. That really bothers me. Its supposed to be an enduser discussion forum, not Palms cronies. This is why I depend on Engadget and Gizmodo for the goods. Besides, it often seems that PC is the last to know on news at the same time.
    Yes they have a relationship with Palm but that doesn't mean they are ncessarily keeping secrets. If they happen to have a new device then you know they signed a NDA about that device. Engadget does the same thing. They gave PC and engadget prepoduction models of the Pre 2 to review webOS 2.0. They also might be privy to some info that they choose not to print because their contact may not give them permission to post any info. Even a top tech site like engadget depends on trust between their sources and them. They too are not publishing any info without an ok from that source.
    I wouldn't be suprised if Palm is all hands on deck at CES with a apple style event noting all the new enovations and hardware to come with the newly re-invented HP webOS.

Then again you could say, why the heck is palm even mentioned, according to the boot logo of HP webOS, theres not much to be left for "palm" to be used.

It will be a grave mistake for the companies not to annouce new products and gizmos at CES, everyone that has been waiting for CES has mentioned it. And loyalist's or not, the sheep will move on; it will seem like some sort of joke.

I'm already looking for a new device myself; I love the Palm Pre, but if somthing comes along that suits my fancy on Sprint im gone. Its a shame the Nexus S didn't come to sprint as hoped.

In the end thoe, webOS will always have prioity for now. Its just the timing of upgrades for the most of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if Palm is all hands on deck at CES with a apple style event noting all the new enovations and hardware to come with the newly re-invented HP webOS.

Then again you could say, why the heck is palm even mentioned, according to the boot logo of HP webOS, theres not much to be left for "palm" to be used.

It will be a grave mistake for the companies not to annouce new products and gizmos at CES, everyone that has been waiting for CES has mentioned it. And loyalist's or not, the sheep will move on; it will seem like some sort of joke.

I'm already looking for a new device myself; I love the Palm Pre, but if somthing comes along that suits my fancy on Sprint im gone. Its a shame the Nexus S didn't come to sprint as hoped.

In the end thoe, webOS will always have prioity for now. Its just the timing of upgrades for the most of us.

100% agree. If there isnt anything at CES or any news, they are done with me. Ive been eligible for upgrade since freaking may of 09! That goes to tell you how crummy the Sprint phone line up is and how much I like my Pre. But the Pre is getting old and losing support. I HATE all of Sprints phones, thevy never had one that caught my eye or pleased me... that is until the Pre came along. But the $ for the phone plan is unbeatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmy123 View Post
    You must have forgotten the huge drama when PC published leaked info on 2.0
    Not once, but twice.
    ^

If it was between July and late November, I was deployed :/ so im out of it.
    If it's true that no new devices will be showcased at CES2011, webOS is dead, and there is no way it comes back with the level of available devices and OS's on the market now.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I heard from an insider that there will new hardware unveiled "in the coming months."

And they will be serving Oreos at CES.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    I heard from an insider that there will new hardware unveiled "in the coming months."

And they will be serving Oreos at CES.
    At this point that would be a great ice breaker at the event, I forone hope to see that. . They could have Palm logos lol. Someone needs to get photoshop'n.
    what was the hoopla at the 2.0 release?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Seems like Palm isn't doing anything at CES but instead is going to try and hold their own event sometime after CES.

I say this because Palm hasn't sent any press invitations for CES this year, it'd be pretty late to send them now..

So.. I would think things are quiet because there isn't anything to say, not because Dieter has a new Palm device.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I am an outsider! I am intrigued by the brownies though!!
    I have it on good authority they are Hasj Brownies........ ;-)
    I think it will be something at CES and it's possible to that HPalm will have a separate event.If HP don't bring anything out with webos other then tablets or a stupid toaster.What was the point of buying Palm?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12