Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Motorola is letting everyone know that it is releasing a tablet.

HP needs to at least give some hints on it's new products.

I know CES is coming but we could use some build up!
    yeah, i'm at the point where a teaser would suffice. A 10 second clip that shows just a logo, a date, and has some cool theme music. That way if they don't have an announcement until feb, I can stop waiting for CES.
    I agree! A little pre-release (pun intended) publicity would go a long way toward reinforcing the Palm and webOS fan base. We have waited and wondered long enough while Palm and HP have been totally silent on upcoming devices or even a partial product roadmap.

What happens if you throw a party and nobody comes because they didn’t know about it?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I am pretty sure the wireless keyboard leaked by engadget last week that had webOS specific keys was a hint that a tablet will be announced or at least demoed at CES.
    I am betting that today we might see someone leak when and where HP might make such an announcement.

The problem is that anyone who might know this answer would probably be under an NDA.

It is public knowledge that Palm does not have booth space at CES in January. They have also stated publicly that they will ship a family of new products by September 2011...
    Palm has a room at CES, not a booth. The same as they have had for the past 2 years:

Palm, Inc.

Booth(s): North Hall Upper Level Meeting Rooms - N246

Contact Information:
    950 West Maude Ave.
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    408 617 7000 (p)
    408 617 0123 (f)

Company Description:
    Palm Inc. creates intuitive and powerful mobile experiences that enable consumers & businesses to connect to their information in more useful & usable ways. The groundbreaking Palm webOS™ platform introduces true multitasking & Palm Synergy™ brings your information into a single comprehensive view.

Brands:

Palm webOS™
    PalmŪ Pre™
    PalmŪ Pixi™
    Don't worry guys... i spoke with someone at HP and he assured me that we'll be getting something "in the coming months"....
    As it gets closer to CES, it's more and more likely that something will slip through the cracks. Be patient guys.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post

Has HP not let everyone know that they're releasing a tablet?
    Itta be commin round the mountin when it comes, chooo chooo. Itta be commin round the mountin, commin round the mountin, itta be commin round the mountin very soon....

Note: I agree with all on wishing we knew what we dont know, so I will try to just enjoy time with the wife, family, Christmas, the New Year, then before I can blink CES will be here!

In other words, if I can figure out how not to visit PreCentral I will be just fine until after CES
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I am betting that today we might see someone leak when and where HP might make such an announcement.
    What makes you say that? Exactly. NOTHING. /end sarcasm
    Last edited by bnceo; 12/21/2010 at 10:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post

Made an account so you can plug your website?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    As it gets closer to CES, it's more and more likely that something will slip through the cracks. Be patient guys.
    With the Pre, we only got the name "Nova" about 1-2 days before CES. So Palm is VERY good at keeping stuff underwraps. Would not shock me if we see nothing until Ruby comes on stage.
    Did someone say "coming months" ?????
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I don't think they need to leak images. They need to leak details. Details on how WebOS will be brought up-to-spec for a tablet. Details of what content providers or even what TYPE of content providers will be in place for the tablet launch. An image of a large-screen phone or tablet is about as generic as can be these days. Maybe if it's a "glamour shot" like those Dell leaks several months back...that might make a difference.

The thing that will make the MOST difference at this point is a release timeframe beyond the previously-stated "1st half of 2011". We saw how that worked out last time...
    I dont think hp should leak anything at all.... any adult knows the power of silence...kidz not so much...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    :
    My problem is i'm a geek surrounded by geeks and i have P Envy really bad. I'm surrounded by Androids. Captivates, Epics, Evos, Nexus S' even the Moment. HDMI, Powerful Camera's, Soft Swipe Keyboards... Oh what hardware! what Power!

I get laughed at and teased... I used to be the cool kid with the rising star and the best OS on the market... June 6th, 2009 was a long time ago. Everyone tells me that Palm is dead. That I should just accept it and get a droid. Software wise I'd put WebOs up against anyone else's... But I've patched and brewed and done all kinds of alchemy on my phone to keep it fresh and make it cooler. But Google releases cooler hardware and software for it's OS every week while i get "someday oneday's". I'm the girl dating the guy who promises to marry her... one day... "HP has deep pockets and I won't be disappointed"... "Be patient"... "Stay Tuned"... And i wait for my WebOs lover, while all my girlfriends brag about how successful their Android husbands are.

It's Christmas... I want a new toy. But instead, I scan the news and the forums EVERY day looking for crumbs and finding only stale news. When will it be my turn.

Maybe HP will show it's appreciation with state of the art hardware and software. Maybe it will realize that we've waited and truly love WebOs like no other, and it will reward our loyalty with free, or at least deeply discounted devices for those of us, who've been loyal for almost two years. Yeah, I Believe!!!

Thanks for listening to my Rant. I feel better letting it all out. And still I wait...
    It appears that the announcements of webOS 2 and Pre 2 were just leaks!

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Yes, but would an "unofficial official" leak use the word boarder to describe the edge of the mythical BT keyboard?
    does this qualify as being 'thrwon a bone'?:

3 models of PalmPad at CES confirmed w/specs - PreCentral Forums

I sure hope one of them can actually be used as a phone...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast