1.    #1  
    Hello, i'm interested in experiment a bit with light linux apps available for the linux arm core, and want to know if it is possible to run these directly on the pre. I have the terminal app installed via preware, but need to know if there is a special step in getting the apps into the linux part of the pre.
    What is the way to get into the linux part of the pre to store the programs?, I mean, it is accesible via the mass storage option?. Im mainly trying to get nmap and such network apps on my pre.
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    The keyword to search that will answer all of your questions is "optware". The details for loading thousands of Linux apps onto a Pre were worked out a long time ago.....
    You could try mounting a linux rootfs on your Pre and running linux programs off of it. WebOS Internals has a guide for setting up a Debian rootfs on your Pre:

http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki?search=design

You could try setting up a rootfs for your distro of choice. I've had limited success using Ubuntu ARM, but probably because it's in beta.

In the webOS Internals developer subforum, you'll find a guide to setting up an X server and xterm on your Pre, and that will let you run GUI programs on your linux rootfs, such as a window manager, Chromium, OpenOffice, etc.