1.    #1  
    Saw this on engadget:

Palm's tablet is codenamed 'Topaz,' keyboard accessory leaks out -- Engadget
    Okay, it's not exactly the new webOS hardware we've been waiting for, but we just got this shot of a Palm Bluetooth keyboard from a trusted source -- we're told it's an accessory for Palm's upcoming tablet, which is codenamed "Topaz." Interestingly, we're told the keyboard features a Windows key in addition to some webOS-specific keys -- we'd guess that HP will sell it for general use as well. As for the Topaz tablet, it's said to be extremely slick, with no hard buttons on the front and a design that echoes the design of the keyboard -- we're told it's due out in the first half of 2011, which matches up with what we've heard from Palm.

We're also told Palm's planning a low-end teen phone that's something like a Pre with no keyboard -- it's codenamed "Castle," (just like the original Pre and Pixi) and due to hit Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T. That seems like a likely followup to the Pixi, but what we're really anxious for is some news on a new high-end phone and the Topaz tablet -- we'll keep digging and let you know.
    http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....7-10palmkb.jpg
    The interesting part is "Castle" released as a low end device. FYI the Castle is the Pre. Maybe there is actually a Sprint Pre Plus coming.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    The interesting part is "Castle" released as a low end device. FYI the Castle is the Pre. Maybe there is actually a Sprint Pre Plus coming.
    cant be a pre plus, since its stating no keyboard. So its a totally different design we havent seen yet.
    Topaz is a better name than PalmPad. Why does it seem like the codenames are always better than the release names?
    I'm going to assume the rumors, and screen shots of upcoming hardware for webos products to pick up extremly. Good to see, and hopefully (I do have faith) HP/Palm dont disappoint. I really hope they do hit a homerun, so all the naw sayers, and negative talk on here will eat their words. Even some engadget comments are positive, and are in anticipation for a new webos product.
    Wow, that's a nice looking keyboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    cant be a pre plus, since its stating no keyboard. So its a totally different design we havent seen yet.
    But then I don't understand why the same codename?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

HP shouldve just bought swype; send out cease and desist orders to all manufactures and other OS's that use swype (android).

Would be perfect since palm has never had a non physical keyboard.
  9.    #9  
    They glued together the two half of the pre to reduce the oreo effect.
    Dual boot webOS windows tablet on the way I am calling it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I second that, to me that will be the backbreaker once they do. A dual boot webos/windows 7 tablet, and computer sick. I still see a dynasty happing.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    They glued together the two half of the pre to reduce the oreo effect.
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7327/fudgeoreo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    My thought as well. Wouldnt this mean that its able to run MS Office?
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Topaz is a better name than PalmPad. Why does it seem like the codenames are always better than the release names?
    Because codenames can be material that can't be copyrighted.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I'm hoping they go with "Topaz" instead of "PalmPad."
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I'm hoping they go with "Topaz" instead of "PalmPad."
    I know Topaz is supposed to be a crystal, but I couldn't help thinking about a rusty Mercury...
    I'd assume that part of the rumour is false, for that reason.

You simply don't give two different products the same code name. The code names are specifically so you can uniquely name things like source code repositories and directories and conditional sections in source code and so forth. Duplicating a code name just isn't practical as a result.

-- Rod
    What I'm still not understanding about this leak is, where is the rest of the slideshow? Why did the person leaking this slide not show anything bigger? Or any other slides? It all seems fishy to me still, but in a very good way. Like this should be the thing that is going to get us pumped. I really can't wait until CES. I won't be able to get any work done that week :/