Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, Mark Hurd was definitely right about something - it doesn't resonate with some people. They don't want to accept it. They want a retraction and they want to believe it.

Here's what we have seen from HP, though:

They allow some kind of peudo-launch of the Pre 2 and leave it twisting in the wind without a US carrier.

They allow the carriers to EOL the other Palm smartphones without any announcement of a successor.

They discontinue essentially all marketing of Palm name in smartphones.

The only commitment they will make in the smartphone space is to say, essentially that they will have some.

That's it. One can't help but think that perhaps HP didn't buy Palm to get into the smartphone business.
    And, in all of that, you left out the repitition, by Palm, and by HP, that not only are they still in the phone business, but that they are introducing new phones.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And, in all of that, you left out the repitition, by Palm, and by HP, that not only are they still in the phone business, but that they are introducing new phones.
    Except for they haven't officially announced any new phones.
    Ruby claims Palm will be in a different position next year and there are new phone rumors, but all we really have now is the promise of a webOS tablet.

Sadly, right now I wouldn't bet my savings on Palm making a comeback. They just totally wasted the majority of this year and used HP buying them as a excuse.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Except for they haven't officially announced any new phones.
    Ruby claims Palm will be in a different position next year and there are new phone rumors, but all we really have now is the promise of a webOS tablet.

Sadly, right now I wouldn't bet my savings on Palm making a comeback. They just totally wasted the majority of this year and used HP buying them as a excuse.
    Pre 2?
    Even Acer and Toshiba are moving into the smartphone market. But both do not have the IP, the potential and the recent takeovers HP has.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Pre 2?
    Nothing really spectacular about that, eh?

I'm a Pre fan, and even I am disappointed at a lack of new hardware/software features so far.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12