Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wow. I would love it with WebOS!
    I would like to see WebOS on something like that...can't wait for CES
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    The LG "B". It's thinner than the iPhone 4!
    it's not like iPhone 4 was breaking any records for thinness...
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ForTheRoad View Post
    I would like to see WebOS on something like that...can't wait for CES
    Me too, BUT, do you really think HP has anything remotely like that? Or is it going to be so-so hardware?
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    it's not like iPhone 4 was breaking any records for thinness...
    Uh, actually the iPhone 4 IS the thinnest smartphone on the market today. It's 9.3 mm, which is thinner than the previous thinnest, the Nokie E55 at 9.9 mm.
    maybe j_grouchy was thinking of the RAZR? But, that was not a smartphone, right? (sorry, never even looked into the RAZR. =P)
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Uh, actually the iPhone 4 IS the thinnest smartphone on the market today. It's 9.3 mm, which is thinner than the previous thinnest, the Nokie E55 at 9.9 mm.
    hmmm...really? wow. didn't know that. my brother-in-law has one and it didn't FEEL thinner. maybe because its edges are kinda boxy...makes it feel chunkier than it is.
    Its okay nothing special
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    maybe j_grouchy was thinking of the RAZR? But, that was not a smartphone, right? (sorry, never even looked into the RAZR. =P)
    I miss my Razr (not really) but at least I could record phone calls.....
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I miss my Razr (not really) but at least I could record phone calls.....
    I liked that option with my Treos & Centro. Call Rec i think it was. Still no equivalent that i know of with any current OS.
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    hmmm...really? wow. didn't know that. my brother-in-law has one and it didn't FEEL thinner. maybe because its edges are kinda boxy...makes it feel chunkier than it is.
    Yeah, the shape does throw the feel of it off. I've held a 3GS next to the 4 and it feels thinner in my hand but when I put them on the table, the iPhone 4 is significantly thinner.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is the kind of hardware I have literally been dreaming of for webOS. For the most part I don't even care about the internals being that cutting edge. I mean have at least a 1ghz processor, a 5mp camera etc. But as long as it runs nice and smooth and has looks like that, I'd be all over it.
    It's also taller than the iPhone 4.
    by 2012 ghz won't matter anymore.

it will be software that drives phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    by 2012 ghz won't matter anymore.

it will be software that drives phones.
    We're already there buddy. Look at the iPhone + iOS. The iPhone < GHz yet it is the smoothest running device.
    Give me a NEXUS S with webos and i am happy.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Maybe we should stay grounded for our expectations... no? I think Palm Pad will be a showcase, but along with Pixi2 + pre2, I doubt hpalm has enough bandwidth to support more than three devices. Regardless, it should be an exciting year for the entire smart phone community with so much competition.

But hey, Palm surprised everyone two years ago, maybe the third time is the charm.
    Last edited by nicekyo; 12/17/2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    More interesting to me than the phone (and it looks like it might be very nice) is the LG way of handling the leak. Once it was reported, they admitted it was a real phone and announced it would be unveiled at CES. Now everyone is going nuts about the CES announcement. So much so that it would not surprise me if the leak was intentional to build a buzz for the thing. In either case, its worked and now everybody is hot to see what LG will be showing off at CES.

IF HP has something to unveil, they should have done something similar. Let enough leak to build up interest. It's not like they have to worry about canabalalizing sales from existing products .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast