Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Let me ask a legit question if CES brings nothing about new hardware, how do they expect to keep palm relivant? Seriously most of this forum is waiting on new hardware announcements or they will jump. The activity in this forum has halved and users of webos are all going Evo and epic, the problem is, is that webos without a community has no name. People who know about it will look away and it could risk being drowned by android. If palm keeps a small loyal user base, they can at the least help build the os back up. But with no community means no apps and it's the people at precentral who have done the most for webos. They would helP keep webos alive untill big devs make big apps and the catalog explodes. Idk people are impatient. If they announce a meeting the next week or two maybe, but later then that and another onslaught of android devices will swallow the remaining webos users. And the few left will suffer due to no community
    I wish they would. But there are other times/places that they can use. AFIK, Apple isn't announcing anything at CES, and they are still relevant.

We may not like what HP does, and they may fail... but it's a certainty that they have these very same conversation s internally, and probably the same level of disagreement. But when it's all over, everyone has to stick to whatever is decided. I hope it works.
    would be nice if its the calm before the storm. probably wishful thinking on my part
    it's about to get really busy around here:

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...noucement.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it's about to get really busy around here:

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...noucement.html
    Finally something to look forward to. I suspect not much will be said at CES other than what's been said up to this point, i.e. big things will happen in the coming months stay tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    a dedicated event (a la Apple) to be held between CES and Mobile World Congress in February
    If I had to bet that something was going to be announced, this is what I would bet on. Why announce at a time when the news outlets will be swooning over Android and the PlayBook, when you can hold out till the news dies down a week later and give your new device exclusive news coverage?
    Looks like more and more people aren't expecting anything:
    CES: Not Everyone Is Making News - Eric Savitz - Tech Musings - Forbes
    Maybe they will have a sign outside their door that reads 'New Devices will be announced In the comming months'. My screen might not make it that long and if it doesn't I'm not dealing with a used pre off ebay. It would be interesting to see the webtrends historical hits for Precentral. I would suspect that it is continuing to drop off.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    man o man... it's like waiting for the fat guy in the red suit!!!!

2011 International CES, January 6-9
    <<thread merged>>
    forget it... now going to wait another month for announcement.... Thanks for another 'coming months' HP lol

I hope they at least show ONE piece of hardware.... some teaser?
    Seriously... no one has stopped by Palms booth yet?

Engadget already is pouring in blogs on new stuff... no one here has stopped by palm's booth? no pics? CMON!! Deiter!!
    Palm doesn't have a booth. They have a conference room.
    And they may not have started yet.
    oh that makes sense then being that it was prob announced 5-6 times.... what day is their conference planned for? Time?

ok i'm anxious
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    oh that makes sense then being that it was prob announced 5-6 times.... what day is their conference planned for? Time?

ok i'm anxious
    Im pretty sure their first day is today. Im not sure on the time but its still early right now.
    http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/live-from-ces-2011s-opening-keynote-with-verizon-ceo-ivan-seide/&category=classic&icid=eng_latest_art
    It's called... Wait for it....

Wait for it.....

The Pre 2!!
    Yay Pre 2... :yawn: lol
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    In context of what the Verizon Wireless guy was talking about... an LTE device from HP will be announced later today.
    Well Verizon isn't going to announce Palms new devices FOR THEM. lol. What did you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Well Verizon isn't going to announce Palms new devices FOR THEM. lol. What did you expect?
    Yea.. Why would Verizon be announcing a new 4G webOS phone instead of HPalm? HPalm even has their own separate event where they'll do their big announcements (hopefully).
    <<thread merged>>
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast