Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    hmmm, interesting. How does the press know where to go then?

if a tree falls in the forrest and no one is there to see it...
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Palm will be at CES 2011 CES: Exhibitor Directory

HP will be at CES 2011 CES: Exhibitor Directory

for anybody who doesn't believe they will be, They are actually in the same room
    Wasn't sure where to put this so feel free to move it mods if need be...does anyone know the schedule of events for CES? Like when we might hear palm say something other than "in the coming months" ? Just curious of when I need to be glued to PC. Thanks

Ken

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    <<thread merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    Palm will be at CES 2011 CES: Exhibitor Directory

HP will be at CES 2011 CES: Exhibitor Directory
    ^^Here is the CES info you were looking for ^^
  6.    #126  
    At this point I'd have to bet against Palm doing anything important at CES. If they are going to announce their tablet soon, it probably would make sense to avoid CES tablet noise and then be ignored on the build up to the ipad 2.
    No sprint, Palm, or HP listed for the 4th through the 6th.

Not sure if there are events on the 7th and 8th, but they are listed there and are still blank!
    Pretty sure the legit stuff will happen on the 7th and 8th. Maybe...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    i'm still mad that DirecTV lost G4,which is about the only channel I know of that had decent CES coverage over the last couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    The tablet had certainly better be larger than 5 inches. Even 7 inches is way too small. The Galaxy Tab is a joke.
    Agreed. What's the point? A tablet needs to be 10ish inches, otherwise it is just too small. The os needs to be different and cator to a tablet and a smaller screen makes that harder.
    Let me ask a legit question if CES brings nothing about new hardware, how do they expect to keep palm relivant? Seriously most of this forum is waiting on new hardware announcements or they will jump. The activity in this forum has halved and users of webos are all going Evo and epic, the problem is, is that webos without a community has no name. People who know about it will look away and it could risk being drowned by android. If palm keeps a small loyal user base, they can at the least help build the os back up. But with no community means no apps and it's the people at precentral who have done the most for webos. They would helP keep webos alive untill big devs make big apps and the catalog explodes. Idk people are impatient. If they announce a meeting the next week or two maybe, but later then that and another onslaught of android devices will swallow the remaining webos users. And the few left will suffer due to no community
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Let me ask a legit question if CES brings nothing about new hardware, how do they expect to keep palm relivant? Seriously most of this forum is waiting on new hardware announcements or they will jump. The activity in this forum has halved and users of webos are all going Evo and epic, the problem is, is that webos without a community has no name. People who know about it will look away and it could risk being drowned by android. If palm keeps a small loyal user base, they can at the least help build the os back up. But with no community means no apps and it's the people at precentral who have done the most for webos. They would helP keep webos alive untill big devs make big apps and the catalog explodes. Idk people are impatient. If they announce a meeting the next week or two maybe, but later then that and another onslaught of android devices will swallow the remaining webos users. And the few left will suffer due to no community
    I have to agree with you 100%. I'm not sure what else to add to that.

I know Dieter (and others) are off to Vegas for CES, but still the PreCentral front page and forums seem very subdued for the days immediately preceding the world's largest gadget show. Does HP/Palm have nothing to say? OR (hopefully), is it the quiet before the storm?
    Rumor is, it will be that way for months to come
    I don't know what to expect from CES. HPalm didn't send out invitations like they did for the last two years... Kinda makes me think they aren't making any huge announcements.
    Marketwatch says:
    From the phone side, Motorola , HTC and possibly Palm Inc. — now a division of Hewlett-Packard — are expected to unveil new tablet devices at the event. Research In Motion is also expected to show off its upcoming Playbook tablet.
    we will see tomorrow or so what have they been cooking all this time
    man o man... it's like waiting for the fat guy in the red suit!!!!

http://www.cesweb.org/
    I'm hoping for a strong announcement from HP, either at CES or at a dedicated event (a la Apple) to be held between CES and Mobile World Congress in February. While I'd like to see something from Palm at CES, I think the Apple approach might get even more attention and say to the community that HP/Palm are reclaiming their position as a leader in mobile innovation, both for the consumer and in the enterprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I have to agree with you 100%. I'm not sure what else to add to that.

I do....Evo 4g shift just announced. HTC hardware with Keyboard, and market leading performance on sprint.