Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I know they will announce something, but I am hoping for some hard details (i.e. specifics) about new devices.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    In addition to a new updated WebOS monster device I wouldn't be surprised if HPalm introduces a free or almost free unit to capture young teens and pre-teens and get their OS in the hands of this growing smartphone market. When Nike launched back in the 70's they took a van to all the high schools in a 100 mile radius of Portland and sold basketball shoes for $15 to all the teams players (I got mine) and it worked out pretty well for them. Now HPalm needs to do something like that...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

3.    #103  
    I'm starting to become pessimistic about a big release at CES for Palm. No one at Engadget seems to be gearing up for a big announcement at CES. Joanna and Nilay directly say as much in the palmPad rumor piece they put up, and Josh made a prediction on the latest Engadget show that Palm wouldn't say much at CES. Considering Josh is a palm ****** at heart, and he did have one of the earliest Pre 2 review units, I think he is likely to have the inside track on this. The other possibility is that Palm is keeping a great lid on all of this and is going to shock everyone.
    Well, we all hope and keep hoping.
    HPalm knew it would miss the holiday buy and crush.
    So why reveal when it would get lost?
    CES can be perfect for a smash announcement with much fanfare, out of the blue.

That is what I hope for.

Success is going to come with WebOS2, HPalmTab, and Pre2 [only with BT voice dial].
    All the rest of the 5/7/Pixie/etc. can fall out of that success.
    here is a really interesting analysis of whether Palm really plans to launch the PalmPad at CES...

Analyzing the PalmPad Rumors)
    Update: Well here is another nail in the coffin…we have just heard from a couple of reliable sources that Palm has been quietly telling people that they aren’t going to CES at all. TechnoBuffalo is saying the same thing…

Officially we haven’t heard anything, but everything is pointing to no Palm goodies at all until after CES…maybe the Mobile World Congress?
    Is the PalmPad going to show up at CES? [Update - doesn't look like it] | webOSroundup
    Official: No Palm Tablet At CES*-*TechnoBuffalo

so waiting for february: HP/Palm Mobile World Congress Bound | webOSroundup
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I expect to see someone from HP holding a sign saying "jam tomorrow".
    Oh good grief. People, let's keep the facts straight. 1) Palm has a meeting room reserved. Unless that has changed, they WILL be there, unlike the crap coming from TechnoBuffalo is saying. 2) The Fox reporter stated that the spec sheets on the article were NOT the spec sheets for the palmPad, but that he had the actual spec sheets and was unwilling to put them out. 3) HP/Palm have been even more secretive than ever, and getting any information about anything has been like pulling a tooth out of wide awake, and very hungry, crocodile.

People are getting lost in all the information, so step back, go look again and see what does and does not add up. Whether or not HP/Palm will show off tablets or not is yet to be seen, but I don't see anything that shows they won't. So far, all we have is a reporter stating they will.

So how about we all sit back and wait a couple of weeks and find out for sure. Perhaps they plan to drop a sudden bomb on CES. Perhaps they feel sending out releases now just allows them to get lost in the minutia (these other sites are stating they are getting tons of releases from companies who are presenting stuff at CES). There are a ton of legitimate reasons to hold off until the last minute and make a press release then. So calm down and wait. Patience is a virtue that seems to be getting lost on people these days.
    I think it's interesting how the information in the article was largely ignored (even by whoever posted the headline here on P|C) and the purty pitchure was the focus by so many.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Oh good grief. People, let's keep the facts straight. 1) Palm has a meeting room reserved. Unless that has changed, they WILL be there, unlike the crap coming from TechnoBuffalo is saying. 2) The Fox reporter stated that the spec sheets on the article were NOT the spec sheets for the palmPad, but that he had the actual spec sheets and was unwilling to put them out. 3) HP/Palm have been even more secretive than ever, and getting any information about anything has been like pulling a tooth out of wide awake, and very hungry, crocodile.

People are getting lost in all the information, so step back, go look again and see what does and does not add up. Whether or not HP/Palm will show off tablets or not is yet to be seen, but I don't see anything that shows they won't. So far, all we have is a reporter stating they will.

So how about we all sit back and wait a couple of weeks and find out for sure. Perhaps they plan to drop a sudden bomb on CES. Perhaps they feel sending out releases now just allows them to get lost in the minutia (these other sites are stating they are getting tons of releases from companies who are presenting stuff at CES). There are a ton of legitimate reasons to hold off until the last minute and make a press release then. So calm down and wait. Patience is a virtue that seems to be getting lost on people these days.
    Actually, I agree. Too much conflicting info, so there's no point in getting excited either about these "leaks" or any "debunking" of them.

HP Palm needs to step their leak game up, but with a holiday week and a few days to go, not too much damage (or progress) done.
    Well they updated the technobuffalo story about Palm not showing tablets nor even being present at CES with this..

"Palm sent over the following*calcification*about their presence at CES, “Palm will have representatives at CES, but won’t be holding a large event.”
    LOL Calcification? Makes sense HP has turned to stone after standing still for so long.

sorry, that joke needed to be told.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 12/22/2010 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    LOL Calcification? Makes sense HP has tjrned to stone after standing still for so long.

sorry, that joke needed to be told.
    I thought it had more to do with tablets...
    LOL those tablets were smashed in the desert years after the calcification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    LOL those tablets were smashed in the desert years after the calcification
    Yeah, and centuries later, the concept was copied, and declared "original"
    this is probably another thread on the same matter, cuz i swear i saw a post before about someone stating how HP was missing from CES, and i was randomly looking at the floor plans a few minutes ago for the floorplan, and i noticed that the Palm, Inc. booth that was N264 on the showfloor, which was named the Palm, Inc. booth, has now been renamed to the Hewlitt Packard booth, and the HP listing is directed towards the same N264 booth. i swear before it was labeled as the palm booth with no direct correlation or reference towards HP(just the understanding that it was owned by HP), and now it is labeled as the HP booth. also i feel like there was no booth associated with HP a while back when i checked it before. maybe i am completely wrong in this matter but i feel like i noticed posts towards the absense of HP at CES this year, and thats y i posted this, however i was unable to find the posts regarding this. like i said, just figured i would share...
    ya I looked a week ago and found both palm and hp listed.. In the same place as well

they're both definitely there
    <<threads merged>>
    My prediction is that HP will officially unveil the next iteration of webOS to all Pre, Pre Plus and Pixi owners at CES (internet press releases don't count). Afterward they will hint at new products coming before making their next announcement: an exclusive product event to occur sometime in the next month or so where we can finally see what they've been hiding up their sleeves for so long.

Yes, I predict CES to be sort of a letdown for Palm fans as far as actual product annoucements are concerned, but that their announcement of a confirmed product launch event will be the 'big news' to get people excited over webOS again. If HP announces a slew of new devices at CES, however awesome they are, they will more than likely take a backseat to the latest show-offey Android devices that many of us Palm fans couldn't care less about. It is important to remember that HP is determined to make webOS a success first. Tending to the demands of a small legion of fans here on P|C is likely not at the top of their list. As such, I am more than fine with a special event announcement at CES, date and all, if that is what they think it will take for them to succeed. Who's with me?

Edit: The event should be titled "HP Palm: A New Era of Mobile Expressionism"
    Last edited by jetsetter883; 12/26/2010 at 02:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Let's revisit last year's exciting (to me at least) CES event:

-Pre/pixi Plus announced for Verizon
    -1.4.5 with video recording, plug-in (for games) add on
    -Lovefest with SFR

And my prediction for this year:

-Pre/pixi 2 along with 2.1 for Verizon
    -2.1 for older devices in Q2/Q3
    -Continued lovefest with SFR

If they are going to hold a conference, I think it will be fun. Better than nothing, right? Judging from the very very early progress on Enyo, which is very exciting, I just don't see the software being ready for the ppad until at least Q2. That is why it's not on the list.

For those who missed it, the dev conference provided many hints of what's to come, and yes, we have a wait a while LONGER to get all of these new tools to play with.

NYC Developer Day 2010: Wrapup and photo highlights | Palm Developer Center Blog
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast