Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    If the PalmPad is their big reveal, and they don't announce any new phones, I'm officially throwing in the towel. I will migrate to whatever new Android device WILL be announced at CES.

I never thought I would be physically drained by supporting a platform, but thats how I am feeling as of late. It is getting harder and harder to defend H/Palm and their actions to my friends, co-workers, family, etc.

I think we are all setting our expectations of Palm at CES so high that we will either be absolutely amazed, or severely disappointed. I fear the latter.
    Unfortunately as much as i hate to say it i am with you. i am on my fourth pre and it starting to always go into headset mode no matter what i do. I love webos so much but this hardware issue is getting ridic. I really hope they come out big at ces.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I think we'll get 2 phones and a tablet. Aditionally I think they'll preview a new cloud service.

I think we'll be okay.
    I think/hope HPalm is aware of how many people have basically said, they are holding out until CES to hear if there's any new phones, and if nothing is announced then, they are jumping ship/moving on. You'd think Palm would not want to let down and/or lose all of these people. I think it's pretty safe to say that they WILL announce at least 1-2 new phones and if they don't, the mass majority of folks will have given up on them.
    For the first time, I'm actually anxious for the Holiday Season to end if only to get to CES all the quicker.

I'm expecting a couple of actual hardware to be there (the PalmPad, a new phone or two) plus announcements of up & coming devices. More importantly, though, announcements of the types of services they have planned for the cloud. Streaming media, to begin with. And integration. Integration with social networks, integration between applications (through more APIs). Not sure how they'll announce that last one. Probably with some Developer announcements.

They keep saying that webOS is targeted for consumer devices, but I've a feeling they plan to take it to the enterprise, as well. I wouldn't be surprised if some business apps get announced around that time if not actually at CES.

I can see the reason for the "quiet before the storm". First, I think there will be a storm otherwise they just threw away a billion dollars. They're probably keeping quiet now because hardware development is frantic and there is a bit of uncertainty whether they'll make their deadlines. They're prolly also thinking that Palm and webOS will be a reboot so it's okay to let some users and developers go for now thinking they'll be back after the reboot. Finally, I don't think they want to tip their hand off to their competition as well until they've got the complete stack of solutions solidified.
    I personally am fully expecting a device that includes transport capabilities.

Oh, and it better be a return to the flipfone form factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I think we'll get 2 phones and a tablet. Aditionally I think they'll preview a new cloud service.

I think we'll be okay.
    I think you're spot on. I also think the "new cloud service" is going to be much broader than anything currently offered.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    The Galaxy Tab is not a joke, and I think there is a market for a 7 inch tablet. But I believe HP should have a 5 inch (phablet), 7 inch (tablet/video phone) and a 10 incher (tablet/phone).
    I was just expressing my opinion, and I stand behind what I said. I have actually extensively used one, and 7 inches is not large enough to feel like anything more than an oversized phone--which in the case of the Galaxy Tab is exactly what you are holding.

5 inches is another terrible idea. That's way too big to be a phone, and even less usable than the 7 inch devices.

Apple got it right with 10 inches. That's the minimum size. Anything else is just a phone pretending to be something that it's not.
    I think we all agree that we need to see a new phone or two?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  9.    #29  
    Any guesses as to carriers?

Will google maps ever be updated?

If they are going for shock and awe, what could they introduce that no one else is currently doing?

I also don't think 4"-7" is horrible. If I want something I can use one handed, I think these are still doable. How big is the Kindle?

I think HP might be taking aim at RIM anda lot of their business users. So if they can do something to get the IT guys at these companies excited, they may not make consumers switch from the iPhone, but they can take a bite out of RIM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    peace and blessings !

what we do know is that is going to be some lte and hspa+, full integration with printers, a palm pad , and 1 or 2 phones with a virtual keyboard. someone mentioned that he saw the next wave of palm and he said we are going to be happy campers. we should expect also a new idea, a new device...maybe a watch? a new touchstone integrated with the cloud? but something new is going to be for sure. if you think about it, the pre 2 does not need too many extras to make it a top of the line product, just add lte, a dual procesor,super amoled(or similar), and voila! maybe a sdcard to expand the memory. who wouldnt be super happy with a device like that?
  11.    #31  
    I'll be plenty happy with that kind of device for about 5 months, but the whole "stay tuned" with a wink and the fast pace things are moving at makes me think they really need another trick up their sleeve.

I really want to see a device that is on par/better than the top current android phone, and it takes a good 3-6 months for a similar device to come out, and it does not feel like it is completely aged/decrepit 12 months after launch.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runsweetlew View Post
    I'll be plenty happy with that kind of device for about 5 months, but the whole "stay tuned" with a wink and the fast pace things are moving at makes me think they really need another trick up their sleeve.

I really want to see a device that is on par/better than the top current android phone, and it takes a good 3-6 months for a similar device to come out, and it does not feel like it is completely aged/decrepit 12 months after launch.
    in the current race for the highest hitech phone, nobody is going to come up with something that after a year does not feel like sh..t
    between the iphone, android, windows , bberry and palm, and maybe nokia/maemo they all are going to come up with something new every couple of months. i am happy with my palm pre. and after i buy the next palm device,i have the feeling that i am going to be very satisfied for the next year or 2. Even if there are other supersonics achievments, im not going to be jealous. The same way im not jealous today for my brother in law's iphone, or my student's evo.
    I also want to hear that there are some developers hard a work at expanding our app catalog!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I predict, verizon will be hp's new **** buddy.

Which in term, will make me switch to android lol. I mean seriously HP. The webOS market was created on sprint, it launched on sprint, it was deflowered on sprint. If you don't give somthing to sprint. Thats basically a big middle finger to its largest user base. I don't care what it is, tablet, phone, watch. Somthing has to be given to the sprint people. Otherwise they will lose that 1-2% that is left on sprint.

Perhaps HP is doing this on purpose. Maybe to start from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I also want to hear that there are some developers hard a work at expanding our app catalog!
    We've already heard that from various people, and its a big fat... lie. Ooo look my inbox is flooded with HP employees creating apps, oh loook, were getting a huge fallin to the pdk submission process, more then we can handle!

I bet it was more then they could handle becuase they only had 1 guy on it.
    I'm not expecting big WebOS announcements at CES. Things have been too quiet I think. There would have been a lot more FCC/Chinese manufacturer leaks etc. if they would have some devices ready for release. If they show off anything it won't launch before March.
    I expect them to make a special event in some time to present their new goodies and make a big splash that doesn't go under in all the CES announcements.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    I'm more interested in webOS 2.1, 2.5, 3.0 or however they will call the next update than the Palmpad
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    it better have a laser beam and a can opener too.... Or that's it... I swear Palm... You WILL lose ANOTHER customer!!!!
    and a free beer. PAAAAAALLLLLLMMM!!!!
    They will announce ink integrated with webOS. Back swipe to empty, forward swipe coming in... (Ok, I quit, that is becoming annoying).
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    For the first time, I'm actually anxious for the Holiday Season to end if only to get to CES all the quicker.
    hahah, i thought i was the only one. and i love the holidays. im hoping a CES announcement will be the best present of them all.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I'm expecting webOS 2.0 OTA update to come out the day of the presentation, and a partnership with Verizon to offer a 4G device, I'm thinking it'll just be the Pre 2 with a 4G radio.

That tablet will probably be announced and previewed as well, with iPhone 4's screen resolution and customized version of webOS.
    Last edited by JLegacy; 12/16/2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: grammar
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast