Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
Results 221 to 229 of 229
  1. #221  
    I know, I was waiting to hear a little something from CES too, a little tease, but I guess we gotta wait till next month...
  2. #222  
    they used that room to announce a bunch of notebooks, desktops, and maybe a printer or two. They also held lots of private briefings with their enterprise customers and partners.
  3. #223  
    Relax guys....we will find out "in the coming months"
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  4. #224  
    The thing is, HP never promised anything for CES. The idea of CES being a big coming out party for webOS was yet another rumor started here that was repeated enough to the point where everyone thought it was true.
  5. #225  
    <<thread merged>>
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    CES is over. Where are all those people who said that Palm would not have such a large space with nothing to present? I suspect they are not daunted. The thing about faith is that radical disconfirmations only tend to lead to even more radical faith.
    And, of course, in your rabid fandom, you're overlook the fact that they've announced a seperate event. I know, I know, you think Apple invented that and Palm is copying them, but there you have it. HP/Palm's presence at CES seems to have been larger than Apple's.
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Relax guys....we will find out "in the coming months"
    Wrong. Coming Month. Feb 9th.
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And, of course, in your rabid fandom, you're overlook the fact that they've announced a seperate event. I know, I know, you think Apple invented that and Palm is copying them, but there you have it. HP/Palm's presence at CES seems to have been larger than Apple's.
    Wrong again. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Apple had a much bigger presence at CES than many of the companies that were physically there. They launched the Mac App Store on day one. Every other booth was a company showcasing a product or service for the iOS ecosystem. Oh, and they also announced an event that they didn't even announce. Verizon announced it, yet it is still all about Apple.

    Where was Palm? What mileage did they get out of that large room they rented? Let me guess. In your rabid fandom, you believe that It was a good expenditure of resources to rent a large space to announce, in a press release, an event that would take place in another month. I certainly agree; one of us has had too much Kool-aid.
  9. #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    ...
    Where was Palm? What mileage did they get out of that large room they rented? Let me guess. In your rabid fandom, you believe that It was a good expenditure of resources to rent a large space to announce, in a press release, an event that would take place in another month. I certainly agree; one of us has had too much Kool-aid.
    Nope, but then, I don't think that was why they rented it. I suspect they rented it because they typically rent it, and planned on using it for whatever they normally use it for. CES has never been a particularly large showcase area for HP, they're just kind of there.

    I stand corrected on Apple. I wasn't there, and didn't see any headlines about their new announcements, so made an assumption.

    Were there big headlines about their presences? I mean, somewhere besides the Apple blogs?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Posting Permissions