Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    I have a bad feeling HP will only be making LTE 4g phones and not wimax. i just cannot see manufactures making wimax devices if sprint ends up being the only carrier to have wimax.
    Sprint is not the only carrier. Other carriers in other countries use WiMAX. But we shall see!
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    so why do they have a room at CES if they are not gonna talk about anything? I know about the feb. 9th "announcement" whatever that might be, no one knows. I was a least maybe hoping for a Pre2 announcement on Verizon, maybe sprint and att? Also maybe some update on when old devices would see 2.0? I love sprint for the price and value, but other than the evo shift, what have they got coming? Verizon has a **** load of stuff for them and same with att and tmobile...what gives?

Discouraged
    I think at the last mintue hPalm pulled out of CES.
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post
    February 9th, 2011; 10:00 PST
    Fort Mason Center, Herbst Pavilion
    San Francisco, CA

HP knew better than to let their handful of products get lost in the Android madness going on at CES. They will do this apple style. It is a good idea.
    Hmmm. I would have liked to see November 2010 to mid December on Jan 2011, before CES. Pushing to Feb may get lost if the Fruit decides a late January announcement of some kind. After that it will be Fruit until probably July.
    Hi folks

Yeah, I'll be waiting for the Feb 9 announcements... but I have no doubt that HPalm will fail to impress after seeing (even) the CONCEPT of the Motorola Atrix. This is probably the first time I can say it looks like a bunch of designers got inside my head, and finessed the chaos they found into something amazing, and produced everything I could wish for.

I have no idea how soon this will be market-ready (beyond ATT, that is), or what the battery life will be, but I don't think my WebOS loyalty will stretch to accepting anything less than the Atrix is offering.

Hmph!

russ
    Here's the deal. Anyone that can be considered a tech enthusiast knows that WebOS is a serious contender in the ring as far as operating systems are concerned. Its obvious shortcoming is the lack of hardware for it. If HP had something major to display for us, it would've happened at CES. The fact that they pulled out of CES screams that their "Think big. Think small." announcement is going to be "hey! we're going to release webOS tablets and laptops by 2012! and here's a pixi 2 for soccer moms!" Engadget mentioned rumors that HP is developing the world's smallest smartphone.

I have no expectations that HP's announcement will be a huge letdown. I was excited with HP took over Palm, I figured there would be super phones with WebOS everywhere. All HP has to show is the same poor design decisions Palm made. If I'm hanging onto a phone for two years I don't want a phone that's great for soccer moms and people new to smartphones. I want a 4.3" beast with an 8MP camera, FFC, and a dual core processor. Hopefully Sprint has something better to show us at CES other than the HTC EVO Shift 4G. If not, I guess I'm getting the EVO.
    That's the big thing, the battery life. If it only lasts three hours, it won't be very useful at all. You'll get blazing fast performance, for a small amount of time, although I do wonder if the laptop dock will allow it to charge from the laptop battery. At least then you'll actually be able to take it places if it has horrible battery life.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    im sure the dual cores will have at least a days worth of power. sounds like your just making the same excuses to hang on to your pre when in truth that you wish it was a palm/hp device. im sure that you wouldnt have wrote the same thing if it was a palm/hp device.

comon, admit it. YOU WANT IT
    we knewpalm wasn't going to have a big presence at CES, but I didn't expect sprint not to show up either. I guess it's good news to us sprint pre users because maybe sprint will continue to be hp palm's launch partner. Hopefully they have more then one phone to show come feb. I just which that they release webos 2.0 alreasy to keep us busy in the mean while.
    <<threads merged>>

Quote Originally Posted by ss217 View Post
    Hopefully Sprint has something better to show us at CES other than the HTC EVO Shift 4G. If not, I guess I'm getting the EVO...
    Well, you won't see anything from HP at the event. They are holding their own big event in Feb 9 to announce the new stuff. It's going to be up to you to wait or not.
    This stinks.... Another month? man o man... better be worth it.. not really sure what to expect...
    Considering HP said they have several new devices coming out, I'd expect big things
    Just a thought for everyone to consider, if I may:

We, here, at PreCentral, were anticipating a dual core processor smartphone as early as last Spring from Palm., and then HP.

In fact, look at our own design competition for the next WebOS device - every single entry boasted what we all knew was the next best CPU - the TI OMAP 4430/40, right?

IF you think that HP doesnt know and have more insight and marketting savy to predict what everyone else is doing, and then leap over them on thier own terms, well, I suggest that perhaps we should let them speak for themselves on Feb 9.

Oh, and that conference room at CES will likley have lots of HP/Palm people winking and smiling and nodding and saying things like "just wait till feb 9th".

They didnt spend $1.2b on Palm and all those other acquisitions to play around - remember, HP's R&D lab is the largest in the tech industry... and the smartphone market hasnt even begun to take hold worldwide yet, but it will, and they certainly want the biggest piece of it that they can get.

IMO, of course, as I have no special inside information or knowledge, so this is all conjecture!

(BTW, the Atrix looks terrific, but imagine for a moment, if you will, that HP provides a WebOS device that tops THAT on Feb 9!)
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

CES = a wash for palm and HP... nothing to discuss here move along..... come back feb 9th when they hopefully have hardware you can touch... then we'll prob see it 3 to 6 months AFTER that.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Has anyone even SEEN a Palm room at CES? I thought I saw someone post a show map (in some thread several days ago) showing that HP and Palm had separate rooms or booths (or some combination). The February 9th announcement clearly deflates any hopes for CES but I'd sure love to know what Palm is doing (assuming they really did have a room there). Surprised not to see some sort of report here. Back to searching the threads...
    HP had the same suite at CES this year as they had last year and it was listed as HP and Palm for that room in the event directory. HP concentrated on their computer line-up at CES (as was expected from the rumors) and announce a separate event for Feb 9 to announce news on the mobile products and possible webOS tablet devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Has anyone even SEEN a Palm room at CES? I thought I saw someone post a show map (in some thread several days ago) showing that HP and Palm had separate rooms or booths (or some combination). The February 9th announcement clearly deflates any hopes for CES but I'd sure love to know what Palm is doing (assuming they really did have a room there). Surprised not to see some sort of report here. Back to searching the threads...
    CES is over. Where are all those people who said that Palm would not have such a large space with nothing to present? I suspect they are not daunted. The thing about faith is that radical disconfirmations only tend to lead to even more radical faith.
    so if it's over it seems like we have to wait 1 month to see the news about HP/Palm
    Did it happen at CES? did they cancel?

I know 2/9 is the new date but what about the room they had?
    Palm, Inc. ( Add to MyCES )
    Booth(s):
    North Hall Meeting Rooms - N246

Contact Information:
    950 West Maude Ave.
    Sunnyvale, CA 94085
    408 617 7000 (p)
    408 617 0123 (f)

Company Description:
    Palm Inc. creates intuitive and powerful mobile experiences that enable consumers & businesses to connect to their information in more useful & usable ways. The groundbreaking Palm webOS™ platform introduces true multitasking & Palm Synergy™ brings your information into a single comprehensive view.

Brands:

Palm webOS™
    PalmŪ Pre™
    PalmŪ Pixi™

they are still registered to be there...
    That's what I thought... I understand the February 9th concept. But I thought they'd say something to atleast make themselves relivant. Teaser, webos 2.0 announcements, new dev partnerships something. Hopefully they blow people away at this event otherwise I don't see webos lasting and I definatly hope we don't see mid range hardware like some keep saying will be their new strategy.. I don't care about dual core, but I do want something with an awesome camera, 4-4.3 inch screen and video calling. A's well A's something powerfull enough to run it and a good enough battery for a full days use.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast