Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    See Engadget's verizon LTE liveblog. HP is listed among Verizon's partners for it's LTE smartphone rollout.

So does this mean we're going to see a LTE as well as WiMax Palmpad?
    Ok ... i'll ask again... any idea in when HP is going to use that conference room? Time and date?
    I believe they showed an hp pavilion not a smartphone. HP will have an LTE notebook.
    or, the glass could be half full, eh?
    Looks like a netbook and notebook from HP.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    4:45PM HP Pavilion with 4G, HP Compaq netbook (around three pounds), a Novatel Wireless MiFi (works with both 3G and 4G, shares with up to five people).
    Damn. =/
    Yup, was 2 notebooks.
    After "GPS scandal 09" and "the Pre is perfect for moms" I do not really care what big red does. Probably also has a lot to do with the fact that i am on sprint.
    I am also on sprint but I am seriously considering moving to big red. I am tired of the crappy reception at work and even more so the really few good phone options they provide. If they don't come out with a great device by July I will move back to Verizon.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I would *love* an LTE palm phone & tablet since my area has crazy LTE coverage already.

Verizon's 3G is really reliable, but slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by jescandalo View Post
    Yup, was 2 notebooks.
    For now....

Did you expect vzw to show all the new Palm phones that haven't been announced by Palm?

let's call the glass half full at least until Feb 9th.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomscot2 View Post
    WebOS is doomed. The folks over at androidcentral.com are at CES and the number of new Android products is unbelievable.
    sadly i agree. im shocked with the number of new android devices being announced. i think droid has a great chance to finally beat out the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    HP better knock the socks off...

does anyone know when they are scheduled to speak?
    HP isn't scheduled for a keynote this year. Feb 9th is HP's moment in the spotlight.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Ok ... i'll ask again... any idea in when HP is going to use that conference room? Time and date?
    February 9th, 2011; 10:00 PST
    Fort Mason Center, Herbst Pavilion
    San Francisco, CA

HP knew better than to let their handful of products get lost in the Android madness going on at CES. They will do this apple style. It is a good idea.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    HP isn't scheduled for a keynote this year. Feb 9th is HP's moment in the spotlight.

...so they are not going to use the conference room that they booked for anything? After Phil McKinney's tweet last week about returning to gear up for CES--this Feb. 9th announcement doesn't seem so much like a well-thought out plan but a last minute decision to buy time. Ahhhh, I guess I have finally started to feel the negativity. Sorry.
    so why do they have a room at CES if they are not gonna talk about anything? I know about the feb. 9th "announcement" whatever that might be, no one knows. I was a least maybe hoping for a Pre2 announcement on Verizon, maybe sprint and att? Also maybe some update on when old devices would see 2.0? I love sprint for the price and value, but other than the evo shift, what have they got coming? Verizon has a **** load of stuff for them and same with att and tmobile...what gives?

Discouraged
    I have a bad feeling HP will only be making LTE 4g phones and not wimax. i just cannot see manufactures making wimax devices if sprint ends up being the only carrier to have wimax.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    so why do they have a room at CES if they are not gonna talk about anything? I know about the feb. 9th "announcement" whatever that might be, no one knows. I was a least maybe hoping for a Pre2 announcement on Verizon, maybe sprint and att? Also maybe some update on when old devices would see 2.0? I love sprint for the price and value, but other than the evo shift, what have they got coming? Verizon has a **** load of stuff for them and same with att and tmobile...what gives?

Discouraged
    If your a palm fan then sprint announcing nothing is better than them announcing a whole bunch. Sprint never carries a lot of marque devices so if you are hoping that they will carry a palm marque device then its a good thing they haven't announced anything yet.

Wife got me an Evo for x-mass and it just went back the other day. Anyone that is tech savvy that buys a new phone right now is either a fool or in desperate need. Shift looks ok, but with duel cores on the way I know i will be waiting at least a couple of months no mater what (webOS or Android). If sprint was smart (and able to) they would have done a big blow out on the shift before CES. Now that everyone is drooling over the future I can only imagine that its going to be harder to push devices. Lets just hope they are banking on some HP goodness in "the coming months...."
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast