Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    My husbands pre plus completed the oreo effect last night by falling into his glass of milk. Sadly he is now stuck using my old LG Dare until he decides weather or not to wait til March for his upgrade or get one off of ebay.
    don't forget to put it in a bag of rice for about 48 hours. I haven't dunked my Pre, but that worked for my Treo 700wx when my daughter dropped it into water. After 24 hours it was still completely dead, after 48 hours it started to work perfectly.

and tell him my vote is to grab a used one. there are often found on this forum in in the marketplace threads. probably he would be more confident in buying from someone else on PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I rinsed it and put it in rice, but he and a friend decided to try it out today while I was at work. Needless to say I'm pretty sure it is probably toast now. I told him about phones being for sale on precentral so we may go that route. Thanks for the info! Thankfully it was not mine because I still really love my pre but I can't help but laugh at the thought of his poor pre in a glass of milk.
    put it back in the rice. you never know.
    Mine took a bath and, once dried, still works fine!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    might sound like a dumb thing to say but you did remove the battery while it was with the rice, right?
    yes, remove anything that can be removed
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I did remove the battery, but they put it back in when they tried to see if it worked. I will give it another try with the rice though just in case. Thanks, and have a great day!