1.    #1  
    Forbes is reporting that analysts expect the PalmPad to ship in March 2011:
    Analyst: HP WebOS Tablet Coming In March - Elizabeth Woyke - Mobilized - Forbes

Feels so long to wait.
    That would be before the BB Playbook unless they push up the Playbook release. HP needs to release before the Playbook if they expect to challenge in the tablet space, seeing how similar the Playbook UI is to the webOS UI.

The analysts are predicting 40-50 million tablets will be sold, and there is a rumor that HP will ship an initial order of 6-7 million tablets. If all those tablets sell, then HP will have gained 10-15% of the tablet market for 2011, which would be nice in a space dominated by iPad.
    One of them is gonna be mine
    I can't wait for the Playbook reviews to start coming out.. that thing is gonna get slammed.

No internet access unless you tether it to a blackberry phone?

COME ON.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    I've very interested to see what the PalmPad is capable of, but it better be developer-friendly and have a kickass marketplace.

Edit: Or else I'm going Ipad 2 in April.
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Forbes is reporting that analysts expect the PalmPad to ship in March 2011:
    Analyst: HP WebOS Tablet Coming In March - Elizabeth Woyke - Mobilized - Forbes

Feels so long to wait.
    The time will pass quickly. You have holidays to look forward to, CES, then if something is anounced, the latter part of January and February to speculate, chat dream an plan your purchase strategy for March.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    One of them is gonna be mine
    Unless epocrates comes back (or someone makes a decent alternative, lexicomp is really only useful for pharmacists) I can't see myself picking up one of these. Which is too bad. Ugh, I so don't want to get rid of my Pre.
    I say they will announce a 7 & 10 inch loaded (I hope).
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    Truth.
    They said it would also be a 3G/4G version. I won't pay a data plan for the table on top of my smartphone and home internet bills. A wifi version for me sounds good.

What HP needs to do is have it tether the palmpad the same way the playbook will, that way we don't have to pay for a separate data plan.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    They said it would also be a 3G/4G version. I won't pay a data plan for the table on top of my smartphone and home internet bills. A wifi version for me sounds good.

What HP needs to do is have it tether the palmpad the same way the playbook will, that way we don't have to pay for a separate data plan.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    IMO Palm has to create a Foleo-like tethering service with contacts/calendar/notes/bookmarks/etc sync with the phone BUT ALSO allow the tablet to be a standalone device that could be used without any Palm phone.

I think that many of Pre/Pixi users would appreciate a bigger screen for browsing web, showing photos to friends or YouTube along with a simple way to connect the tablet to their phone.

Something as easy as Bluetooth handsfree w/ contacts transfer would be great. Imagine just launching some app, selecting your phone and voila your data is accessible also on the tablet.

If the PlayBook would feature a BB-only tethering first without any else option (e.g. 3G), it would be a huge fail.
    Well I've already bought an Android Tablet because I just couldn't wait any longer. But I know if/when Palm does release it I'll still be there in line to get one the first day it's available. I dream of webOS on my tablet.
    One will be mine as well. I cant wait for it. Wifi and moble hotspot will be enough for me. def not paying another data plan for a tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.rosenfelder View Post
    Truth.
    Wrong! The first version of the Playbook is WiFi only. You have access to the Internet and everything the Internet offers.

According to RIM, the only way to get 3g access and access to the Blackberry servers is to pair it to a Blackberry phone using secure Bluetooth.

I'm thinking the first version of the Playbook can have 3g access from any phone that can be used as a WiFi hotspot.

Repeating - The first version of the Playbook is WiFi only and that is how it connects to the internet.

Also looking at the latest Playbook video, I believe I saw the icon for gMail.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The one that comes first and has the most interesting specs hardware and apps wise will be the tablet I spend my money on. Candidates so far:
    - PalmPad: Vaporware until now
    - Playbook
    - Android 3 based tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Well I've already bought an Android Tablet because I just couldn't wait any longer. But I know if/when Palm does release it I'll still be there in line to get one the first day it's available. I dream of webOS on my tablet.
    wish i had that much disposable income.