1.    #1  
    If you have this keyboard, try turning the PDA stand that comes with it upside down, and putting your 270/300 in the stand with the lid open, and the IR ports of the keyboard and the Treo facing each other. You extend the mirror and fold out; the antenna rests on the mirror, which prevents the Treo from slipping.

The Treo is held in place by folding the hinge of the stand forward [the hinge will be on the right side of the stand when used this way]. The foldout clip on the back of the stand is used in the upside down position, and tilts the stand with the Treo on it to a good viewing position.

The overall result is a stable and useful way to hold your 270/300 in place while you use it with this keyboard [note that you must use the supplied driver to invert the screen on the Treo]. You can use it this way with the lid open or closed, although many applications benefit from use of the touch screen. I don't know if this method with work with the
    Treo 90.
    I'm pretty desparate for an external keyboard for my Treo 270. How have you found this one?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by anthonyosimon
    I'm pretty desparate for an external keyboard for my Treo 270. How have you found this one?
    One big virtue is that it's the only game in town (as far as I know).

I actually like it pretty well. I had used a Stowaway a lot with my Palm IIIXe and this is an acceptable substitute.

Pros: You actually can touch type on it (my hands are fair-sized, and it works ok, although a little cramped).

It is enough smaller than the Stowaway that it fits easily in a shirt pocket; you can take it anywhere. Flips open and is ready to use.

Cons: You must use the supplied driver to invert the screen to use it well with the Treo. But that actually works fine.

Keyboard is not full-size, and is not nearly as comfortable as the Stowaway (which IMHO is as good as any computer keyboard I've ever used). However, I don't really need to type lengthy messages on my Treo. The Micro Innovations keyboard is adequate for emails, tasks, and short memos.

I got mine at www.thenerds.net, which at the time had the lowest combination of cost + shipping, and a 30 day moneyback guaranty.

Overall, I'm happy with it. If a Stowaway came out for the Treo, I'm not sure that I'd use it in preference over this one, all things considered.
    Kami
    I just got mine and tried it out, and got all my buttons remapped! I was on the phone with their tech support who referred me to Pocketop, the developers of the drivers. They have a huge disclaimer on their site which prevents them from even needing to help. It took me all afternoon and at least 8 soft resests to remap my buttons
    Bottom line: USE AT OWN RISK!!!
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by trainman
    I just got mine and tried it out, and got all my buttons remapped! I was on the phone with their tech support who referred me to Pocketop, the developers of the drivers. They have a huge disclaimer on their site which prevents them from even needing to help. It took me all afternoon and at least 8 soft resests to remap my buttons
    Bottom line: USE AT OWN RISK!!!
    Holy Mackeral!

Sorry to hear that. I haven't had anything remotely like that happen.
    Kami