1.    #1  
    I searched through both HP and PALM records att the FCC and they dont seems to have anything new coming,does that mean they really dont have anything on the way?
    I'm expecting announcements of new hardware at CES. We'll see them show up in the FCC closer to actual launch though...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  3.    #3  
    How close to launch do these things go through the FCC?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I think companies can hide their filings for an amount of time. So we should see them soon.......
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Can't remember off the top of my head..

When did we see the Pre2 show up compared to actual launch?

How much do you want to bet that someone will post a comment saying "we will see it in the coming months." Thats getting old. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    How much do you want to bet that someone will post a comment saying "we will see it in the coming months." Thats getting old. lol
    At least Palm stopped saying "coming soon" lol

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Ok, I'll get it out of the way now. We'll see an FCC filing "in the coming months"....
    unless they plan to ship on the day they announce them, they can ask the FCC to keep the filing confidential. Considering the current level of secrecy at Palm/HP, It would make sense that they make a huge deal out of the "new phone every two months" at CES and then start filing. That would be consistent with the time between when the Pre2 showed up and became available.

That would leave plenty of time to start shipping them before the end of Q1...

Also, the notion of "every other month" probably is a general statement and could be more of an average. Otherwise everyone here will show up every 60 days to declare that Palm lied again.

The detail I want to hear more than anything is how many carriers will launch every month. They have to reach some level of ubiquity to scale, and they have to do SOMETHING to prevent the angry response that happens when the newest device isn't offered by a particular carrier. Just look at all the Sprint users that want the Pre2 that hasn't even arrived at VZW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    At least Palm stopped saying "coming soon" lol

yep, they've replaced that with "during 2011".
    I believe companies can have FCC filings hidden (not released publicly) when they file. Just because nothing is listed for a company doesn't mean nothing was filed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Can't remember off the top of my head..

When did we see the Pre2 show up compared to actual launch?

I saw the Pre2 show up in the FCC the day it was announced (a couple hours after Palm announced it), but the European model showed up weeks earlier.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I check the FCC records on a daily basis for Palm and HP, so if anything clears for either, I'll know about it (and soon thereafter, so will P|C and all of you).

In fact, I was the first to even mention the Pre2 NA GSM and CDMA models on the FCC's site and then Engadget took the credit for my find (no surprise there).
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 12/11/2010 at 10:22 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup