Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    .... i still think hp's plan is too put webos on printers & tablets, not phones.
    This is just nonsense. HP Palm have quite clearly stated their intention to produce more webOS phones and also tablets.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Yes I agree with you completely.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Seriously? Why would HP invest in Palm, a smartphone business if they didn't want to get more serious about their own smartphone investment? Doesn't an investment in a smartphone business just make sense as an investment into the smartphone industry? When several explanations work equally well the simplest is usually the correct one (Occam's Razor). If we get more information down the road perhaps this theory won't hold, but for now the simplest inference is that HP wants to build their presence in smartphones.

However, HP is looking at the big picture here, not just smartphones. HP's goal is no less than to build a family of products that raises the bar of interoperability for the emerging mobile lifestyle. Hence, from inferring that HP wants to get into smartphones it's a simple corollary that HP will move into mobile devices in general (they've said as much. PalmPad anyone?). Retasking a mobile OS for printers is a far bigger step and yet they've even announced that as a goal. HP recently released an Android tablet/printer combo. Since they already did the work of retasking Android for printers, why would they bother then buying Palm just to do the same with WebOS? HP's direction is clear: one primary OS across all their current and future platforms facilitating interoperability. WebOS.

To restate my thesis: HP's goal is no less than to build a family of products that raises the bar of interoperability for the emerging mobile lifestyle.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    exactly. Most people that buy tablets, but the tablets of the same os their smart phone is. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I'm sure most android uses use tablet and phone same for apple users. If all hp did was make tablets and printers the tablets wouldn't do well and, printers incorporated with the tablets then would fail. Really the way I see it you need a successful phone to have successful tablets, and in palms case this would hopefully trickle down to successful printers.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12