Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hey Everyone,

Was just doing some searching of the web and came across a really cool chinese phone.. It has a full qwerty keyboard that swivels around.

From what I can find, the other side of the swivel is a camera. So in otherwords, the swivel allows you to transform the phone into one with a front-facing camera..

NOW... imagine if HP - Palm:
    1) Applied this same design to philosophy to a future device
    2) Eliminated all buttons on the front
    3) Extended the screen down; and
    4) Instead of giving you a front facing camera, gave you more screen when you rotated the lower swivel section

What do you guys reckon? Aside from a vertical / horizontal slider or rotating screen, it seems that this is the only way we can get both a physical keyboard and large screen...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
    Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101

The form factor has little appeal here

http://tech2.in.com/media/images/img...-verizon-1.jpg

And noone really wants to remer the Oreo formfactor in a palm/HP device
    No thanks, I know a few friends that had a phone like that on verizon (can't remember the name), something like Kyocera twist or something and they were pure junk. Both of them had issues within 3 months of owning.
    That's pure fugliness right there!
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 08:18 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Moving parts = bad. The main reason I went with a Pixi instead of a Pre.
    I'd not be so global as to say that "moving parts = bad" did you ever see or use a Motorola Sidekick?

That flip lid was twisted and inverted by pre-teens and teenagers who did nothing but text message all day long, and never failed, much less had any sort of a reported "chronic"design failure history, ever. They also had a "slide" version, which worked very well too, but wasn't quite as popular.

Anyway, my point is to keep an open mind - the Pre slider wasn't designed very well - it DOES appear that the Pre 2 (I donthave one) has been tightened up and improved, but I don't know if the mechanism has been redesigned. WE'll know if it was a successful attempt in a few months from the new Pre2 users who post about it then.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Isn't a real front facing camera a better solution to a front facing camera?