1.    #1  
    When in a phone call there are 4 soft buttons across the bottom of the screen. I thought for sure that I would be able to use the 4 hard buttons instead of the soft buttons to do these controls as they lined up so nicely together... this doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there a hack or undocumented feature to enable this? I want to be able to feel for the button I want and press it (while driving, etc) instead of having to look at the screen and/or open the lid while I'm on hands-free.

Anyone else have a similar gripe? a solution?

Thanks,
    --Alex
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    The Space Bar on the keyboard toggles the speakerphone on and off, and the Backspace button hangs up the call. not sure about the other 2 soft buttons. Is there anything in the manuals on this?
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately, both of those require flipping up the lid... and if I have to look to find the backspace button I might as well use the on-screen button.

I don't mean to shoot you down, that information is definitely good to have and should be shared with people as I'm sure most aren't aware of it.

Primarily I'm looking for an easier way to control the phone while driving and using the 4 main hard-buttons would certainly be a start. Being able to show the names in a larger. bolder font and the phone numbers in the small font is another thing I'd like to see.

The 4 on-screen buttons just look like they should be mirrored by the hard buttons to me - it bugs me every time I look at the phone... guess I'm probably too anal
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.