Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    And the good stuff like enyo (and lordy even expedition) is a ways off.
    Hopefully the tablet is first for their sake cause Android and RIM are coming on hard and fast!

I like watching the board game just wish Palm would stop getting skipped.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I'm sort of "Joe Average Consumer" who fancies himself somewhat of a geek. I got the original launch Pre so I could have a smartphone for flight info (I travel a lot for work) and for quick Internet stuff while on the road without having to haul out a laptop. I tought the Pre was going to be the "it" phone. And, for a while, it was (at least to me).

I still love my Pre even with it's creaky flaws. However, there was just never the ancillary support for this phone. When I really started to see my heart drop was watching apps I want come out for BB, Android, and the apple stuff. I have been waiting for a Sirius radio app and a Rhapsody to go app, both of which will let me ditch my ailing Sirius Stiletto 2. Even if HP comes out with 100 new devices, I still don't have any strong fuzzy feelings that these two apps, or any other apps that "everyone else" has, will ever come out.

With no news of what's really going to happen, I've been looking...... the EVO Shift is looking good right now.

Those of you with Crystal Balls; should HP pull this out and really get WebOS back in the market, do you see developers getting on board? Will we forever be the forgotten stepchildren of the smartphone industry?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mickykitsune View Post
    Its the new benchmark, because all subsequent devices will be at least this good. Because apps developed on and tested with this new benchmark will work even better on all subsequent devices.
    Hence the Nexus One comparison.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but when the nexus one was released it was the benchmark because there was pretty much no other device sporting its specs - resolution/cpu/ram etc.

The pre 2 has the same tired screen size and resolution as the pre from 2009 how do you consider a device that by all means should be eclipsed by the next device released from HP in "the coming months" to be the benchmark? Still today no phone completely walks all over the nexus one specs there are phones with better specs but not by much.

Its like saying the Ford model T is the benchmark for a F350 SD in 2011.
    I feel torn just like the rest of you. On one hand, I love webOS and nothing else compares. But on the other hand, I'm so bored with the TMC error(even with UK) and restatrting my phone everyday so that it will act normal, and the camera that sometimes decides it doesn't want to open past the splash screen, and the lack of useful apps.

I love my pre, but at the same time I frickin hate it! I hate the screen size and resolution, but I like the portrait slider.

Man the thought of a 3.8" or 4" portrait slider really gets my d*** hard, but I doubt something like that will ever happen :-(

So what do I do? I hate my hardware but love the software. I love Sprint so I'm not leaving my carrier, but there is no 4G in my area (Spokane, WA) so I can't justify paying a charge for it. I guess I just sit on my thumbs and wait. Happy, yet sad. Mad, tho content
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but when the nexus one was released it was the benchmark because there was pretty much no other device sporting its specs - resolution/cpu/ram etc.
    New processor (with new graphics capabilities onboard as well), more ram, etc.

The stuff that matters when it comes to running apps.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    I do agree that there is alot of negativity for webOS. It's a good operationg systems because I like opening multiple browsers. My sis got her pixi stolen and was planning on buying another one until she saw my other sis with an evo so she got an HTC hero. All I'm saying about palm here is that they can't stay quiet all the time in a world of hi-tech smartphones. You need to speak out! Loud and proudly in order to get somwhere in the world. Not hide in the burrows of the new york subways.
    The future of webOS is not with Palm, but with HP. Palm will continue to make webOS spectacular, but HP has to pound the pavement and shell out the money to get companies and people to develop apps for webOS, otherwise people will never let it stack up with the others. That and they have to put out phones every year.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    The marketing strategies for HP/Palm are downright horrible at this point. I'm surprised that they are willing to go this route when the proven methods of marketing smartphone technology is being used by their own competitors. If this is HP's version of pressing reset - why not just take the Microsoft route and be up front and honest about no longer going down the road chosen before (e.g. Kin). Then come back with the huge launch that WebOS deserves (e.g. Windows Phone 7). I'm not saying the Kin and Pre are alike - but in regard to them both winding up as failed devices with the carriers (aside from Sprint) this needs to be addressed in the same manner. Give people some hope that the next WebOS devices are going to be taken to the next level and then the interest will be re-sparked. Not this shady attempt to be secretive and anytime something is said that is supposed to be considered intriguing only ends up being some not even on my "I want" list. I'm glad I've moved on but I really see HP dropping the ball with WebOS. And as long as Ruby is being paid - he probably doesn't care enough to know the community is becoming disappointed more and more everyday. Not throwing a pie at him - but just saying that he's more or less the one who agreed (and convinced shareholders) HP was the way to go. Was it?
    Of course the marketing is horrible. HP does not want to put the Pre2 against the Evo. HP will market their phones that will compete, but now is not the time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Of course the marketing is horrible. HP does not want to put the Pre2 against the Evo. HP will market their phones that will compete, but now is not the time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Funny...Verizon and Motorola are aggressively marketing the Droid Pro with similar processor speed, screen size, and resolution. They seem to have confidence in their product and its ability to compete. Wonder why HP doesn't have the same.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123