1.    #1  
    I have attached a piece of paper where I sketched the idea. Check it out.

Basically you would have a cheap slate type device that shows another desktop powered by your phone so that you get more out of your phone. IE you can use your phone for navigation while your kids are using your phone in the back seat to play a game with the Mobile Mate! The problem is that phones keep getting more powerful but you are limited by the tiny screen. The solution is to make a Mobile Mate screen that your phone can utilize to double its usefulness.

I think this could be pulled off by webOS internals or something. I certainly can't pull it off which is why im posting it. You would need to build/purchase a uber cheap linux powered slate and build some sort of wireless data transfer program (i have seen audi do this with a n900 and there new touchscreen units).

HP or webOSInternals please look into this!

thanks,

number1pete
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    while in this mode, let the phone be a touchpad/mouse for the pad or pc it's connected to. Perhaps?
    you can already do that with MediaRemote. Cool concept, although I didn't find it practical for me, I suppose if you had a laptop plugged into your tv, it could work but no different than a wireless mouse.

I do like that app though, it's pretty cool to be sitting outside in the summer and be able to change what I'm listening to, through my PC with my phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    you can already do that with MediaRemote. Cool concept, although I didn't find it practical for me, I suppose if you had a laptop plugged into your tv, it could work but no different than a wireless mouse.

I do like that app though, it's pretty cool to be sitting outside in the summer and be able to change what I'm listening to, through my PC with my phone.
    no, that is not the purpose of this idea. The idea is to get two screens using the phone's OS and cpu. That way your utilizing more of the phone's power and expensive data plan. Two people can be enjoying your phone at once.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    That looks battery unfriendly