Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    The forums are feisty today!
    I believe!... I believe!... I believe!...
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I walked into a Sprint store today and a Sprint rep told me that HP is making some feature phones.

OK, I am just kidding, but seriously don't believe Sprint reps. If they are honest, they will tell you they don't know. If they aren't, they will tell you whatever they want. Neither response will get you new, real information.
    My sprint rep told me that his store manager and heard from the secretary of one of the guys at corporate that he once had come near his store, that when the new phone does hit after January those who bought the original pre in the first 90 days will get a discount on the new phone with a new two year service plan.

That discount will be from $75 to $150 woohoo!!!

and yes I know, it's called sarcasm
    my sprint rep told me palm was going to release a palm tablet and other new devices next year.

but then so did the CTO of HP so I kinda believe him

now my sprint rep didn't say anyting about them carrying said devices, but he did have a twinkle in his eye.
    For what it is worth (not much) I was told today (at Sprint) to expect new WebOS devices on Sprint in Q2 of next year.
    A P|C member, a salesman, and an HP rep walk into a Sprint store....

I'll tell you the rest of the joke after January.
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    My sprint rep told me that his store manager and heard from the secretary of one of the guys at corporate that he once had come near his store, that when the new phone does hit after January those who bought the original pre in the first 90 days will get a discount on the new phone with a new two year service plan.

That discount will be from $75 to $150 woohoo!!!

and yes I know, it's called sarcasm

i could actually see that being done, and i said that a while back that they should offer that up as a promo for original devices. if u look at what radio shack is doin for the holidays, they r doing a similar deal for the iphone, and if u trade in a working 3g or 3gs, u get anywhere from 75-150$ off the price of an iphone 4. if anyone had the financial availability to pull something like that off, HP would b right at the top of the list, and that would make a LOT(people here at precentral, and other random early adopters ha) of people happy. just my 2 cents
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Today I went to get my phone repaired and the Sprint rep told me some info I have not yet heard. I'm sure he wasn't lying since it didn't look like he was making it up on the spot.

He said that an HP rep had went to the store and let all the employees know that next year (after January) HP will be offering 2-3 new phones and a tablet ON SPRINT.

Take it with a grain of salt if you want, but I'm glad that HP has already made contact with Sprint.
    Please make a video of you going to the Sprint rep and demanding an apology for a false rumor if nothing pans out. Cause you apparently don't read the forums. Sprint reps MEAN JACK!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    My Sprint rep told me he's having a ham sandwich for lunch today. Feel free to read into that all you want regarding future phone releases. He's a little shifty.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Said this before, going to say this again:

People who know usually can't tell. People who tell usually don't know.

Just saying...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    in the coming months
    (insert generic comment about how all of this has been discussed, dissected, and made fun of before)

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Either the sprint store employee broke an NDA, or he's full of it. Why would an HP rep go to a store and tell people there before HP made a formal announcement?
    When I was in the retail business, I'd hate to count the number of times that company reps told me information, and never once (until I owned my own store) was I asked to sign any sort of NDA over it. I'd say that the informationi I got that way was reasonably close to the truth 70-80% of the time.

Why would a rep tell something that wasn't "official" knowledge? For the same simple reason we grasp on to such information on here - the HP rep would much rather a Sprint employee tell a customer "Wait a few weeks" than "Here, let me show you this Evo".
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    When I was in the retail business, I'd hate to count the number of times that company reps told me information, and never once (until I owned my own store) was I asked to sign any sort of NDA over it. I'd say that the informationi I got that way was reasonably close to the truth 70-80% of the time.

Why would a rep tell something that wasn't "official" knowledge? For the same simple reason we grasp on to such information on here - the HP rep would much rather a Sprint employee tell a customer "Wait a few weeks" than "Here, let me show you this Evo".
    The HP rep would, sure. But why would the Sprint employee care? Or, rather, why would a Sprint employee hope for deferred commission on a device that may or may not be coming when they can get a sale right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    The HP rep would, sure. But why would the Sprint employee care? Or, rather, why would a Sprint employee hope for deferred commission on a device that may or may not be coming when they can get a sale right now?
    Because an informed customer who stays with Sprint is better for Sprint than an uninformed customer who goes elsewhere, or a customer who discovers they've been deceived into switching devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    A P|C member, a salesman, and an HP rep walk into a Sprint store....

I'll tell you the rest of the joke after January.
    LOL
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I honestly doubt, if HP made contact with Sprint about upcoming phones, the sales reps would know. He is either lying or misinformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Wow!

How is this news? HP is the largest tech company in the world and they are now making Phones, Of course there will be Phones and tablets coming to Sprint AFTER JANUARY!
    Thats like saying Im going to eat 5-6 steaks next year after january.

Was your sprint rep a closet superhero? CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!
    Ha ha! That's what I'm thinking. That's like saying after January comes February or that 2 comes after 1. Pretty obvious.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast