Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In the event that there are no webOS phones available when your current webOS phone dies, HERE is the place to post about it.
    um, you're joking, right?
    If there were no webOS phones and mine died, I guess I'd have no other option. I'd probably get a WP7.
    ya think?
    That's the lonely road I tread.

If it really does happen, hopefully by then there will be an Android phone with a portrait slider/keyboard.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    um, you're joking, right?
    Congratulations.... You passed
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Congratulations.... You passed
    if you add a poll to this, make sure you have a choice for "If I can't replace my webOS phone, I will just stop carrying a cell phone..."
  8.    #8  
    Personally, I think there will be new, up-to-speed webOS phones sometime next year, not sure when, and I'm not holding my breath for CES. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever for HP to have done what they have done, if that wasn't the plan. I'm sure before they spent all that money on Palm and whatever that cloud storage company was, there had to have been some sort of vote, by their board of directors, by their stockholders, whoever.... it wasn't just done on a whim by an individual without letting anyone know. If I'm wrong, and HP flops on the cell phone side of things......oh well, it was nice while it lasted, and there'll be many more cell phones to choose from by the time I need a new one, and judging from the articles that I've read over the past month or two about "such and such company stole this from webOS and put it on their phone...." ie cards, multitasking, swiping, gestures etc etc.... that's just the way all phones will end up.... Take a look at how many different brands of TV's there are, for example..... I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say there's 20 different brands of HDTV's out there.... They are all HD.....they all do the same thing, essentially. It's not going to be any different with cell phones, smart phones, PDA's whatever you want to call them. How much more cutting edge can you get? Eventually it's going to plateau, there's going to be a point where the processor is so fast, it isn't going to matter anymore, the picture is so good etc etc.....The thing that will be limiting the phones, will be the infrastructure not the phones and although that is nearing completion, in some areas ONLY, they still have a real, LONG way to go to get the whole continent (and world for that matter) up to speed.

There are a lot of cell phone sites that need to be upgraded, when we installed the 3.5G network for Telus and Bell in Calgary with twenty, four-man crews,(10 crews in our office alone, 5 of which were brought up from T-Mobile) it took the better part of a summer, just to get the city and surrounding area completed. Then after it all gets installed, the deficiencies start popping up and these all need to get fixed prior to a site getting turned on, and then you need to have a certain amount of completed sites finished in order for the network to be functional. There were still sites being completed last spring, well over a year and a half after the first one was started.

Bottom line is, I don't care if there's an announcement at CES, so long as my phone is still working fine, I'm ok with it. As soon as it decides it wants to crap out on me, THEN, I'll start thinking about what phones are out there and what would be a suitable replacement.

almost added that poll but couldn't find where to add it so.... NachoB's tin can and string it is
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    My mom picks my phones for me so most likely I won't be with webOS when I upgrade. She really thinks 14 is too young to pick a phone for my upgrade. By the time I do upgrade I'll be 16. If they have any new phones better than the pixi by then (which they should), I'll stay with Palm. If not, buh bye webOS and Hello Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you add a poll to this, make sure you have a choice for "If I can't replace my webOS phone, I will just stop carrying a cell phone..."
    Haha, that's worth a LOL!

I might activate my developer device on *gasp* AT&T if that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixi is bad4U View Post
    My mom picks my phones for me so most likely I won't be with webOS when I upgrade. She really thinks 14 is too young to pick a phone for my upgrade. By the time I do upgrade I'll be 16. If they have any new phones better than the pixi by then (which they should), I'll stay with Palm. If not, buh bye webOS and Hello Android.
    I feel for you, dude my parents always let me decide for myself, even at that age (got my first mobile at 15) - but of course, there were only dumbphones then and the decision was about which Nokia to get...
    hypothetically like if they show you some sweet phones at ces but say they it will be out in april or june

I know I will as long as they get that 2.0 update out so it can hold me over on my pre + until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    hypothetically like if they show you some sweet phones at ces but say they it will be out in april or june

I know I will as long as they get that 2.0 update out so it can hold me over on my pre + until then.
    And if the don't, what are you going to go too??????
    .. Waited from Jan 09 to June 09 I can do it again
    --Marvin
    Sure will.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Only if after a couple more months they tell us to wait another couple more months, then I will stay. Need a carrot in front of me at all times.
    <<threads merged>>
    lol merging mod stricks again !!!!!!!!!!!! lol ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    They way I look at it even the Evo is old. I will look at what is at CES and decide from there. Unlike most I am only on my second Pre and that is due to water damage. I have had very good luck. I cam to webos wfter 3 years with the moto Q so this was amazing. I would have been happy with the Pre 2 if it had a better camera and an SD slot. The Pre does everything I need and does it well. If they make something better I will probably take it but without 4G available in my area why would I pay the extra $10 on sprint.
  20.    #20  
    Funny this thread still keeps popping up, it was kind of started as a mockery.... I didn't expect it to survive long. I really don't understand why people need to be told by other people what phone they should buy, why they feel the need for "safety in numbers" ( i'll hang onto my phone until everyone else trades in for something else) or "bandwagon".... Maybe they feel like they need the support of phone withdraw??? I don't know, it's kind of like a disease, virus, something of that nature.

People.... program your own minds before the world programs it for you. (i could go on but company's here).
    Last edited by sledge007; 12/06/2010 at 08:27 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast