1.    #1  
    Just saw this. Anyone know if those analysts have any validity behind them?

Forecast expects 1m Nook Colors in 2010, 7m PalmPads in 2011 | Electronista

Taiwan-based electronics maker Inventec is expected to be tasked with building one million Nook Color e-book readers for Barnes & Noble before the end of the year, industry sources have told DigiTimes. The manufacturer is also said to be preparing for an oder of 6-7 million webOS-based tablets from HP.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Tip PreCentral for some front page news exposure. Not enough rumor mongering today.
    Not sure how accurate this is... Foxconn has been the company rumored to be contracted to make the upcoming PalmPad (not Inventec).

Here's the previous thread discussing it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...os-phones.html
    The beauty of rumors is that multiple can exist at once.
    I don't disagree... it always amuses me when I see changing rumors It's all good - as long as someone is building the dang thing. LOL
    Uhh, has anyone else read the rest of the article from the link above. It states that HP has been "quietly releasing webOS Tablets to it's business partners.."

Forecast expects 1m Nook Colors in 2010, 7m PalmPads in 2011 | Electronista

HP partners trying pre-release webOS tablets? | Electronista

This is pretty crazy. If this article is correct, that would mean there are webOS tablets out in the wild, with the potential to be left in a bar, or at a drunken holiday party or something. I'm surprised no video or pics of it haven't leaked out or anything, unless of course the author of the article made a typo when he wrote "webOS Tablet", maybe he meant webOS Toaster.

If he is telling the truth about HP quietly releasing webOS Tablets to business partners, I sure would like to see some leaked videos or pics.
    There was a thread posted a month ago (or so) that reported that rumor too.
    as far as tablets go, I think they were just confusing the windows 7 tab with the webOS pad
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not sure how accurate this is... Foxconn has been the company rumored to be contracted to make the upcoming PalmPad (not Inventec).

Here's the previous thread discussing it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...os-phones.html
    Actually, if you go back and read that rumor, I do believe you would discover (I could be wrong) that Foxconn was suppose to make 4-6 devices, and we assumed one of those devices was going to be a tablet. We could have actually been wrong, which would mean next year we could be getting 4-6 new cell phones! We'll see if this turns out to be true.

http://www.precentral.net/foxconn-an...nes-2011-rumor

OK, it did say including the PalmPad. But if you click the original source, it does not mention the PalmPad. Could someone in PreCentral answer if that was an assumed including, or was that part of the rumor?

(http://cens.com/cens/html/en/news/news_inner_34168.html)
    what if foxconn and inventec are both making a tablet, how sweet that would be huh....
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    All I can say is HP/Palm better not be trying to make a PalmPad to compete with the current iPad. It will have to compete with the next iPad coming out in the Spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    All I can say is HP/Palm better not be trying to make a PalmPad to compete with the current iPad. It will have to compete with the next iPad coming out in the Spring.
    I'm sure the palmpad will have a dual core processor, at least 512mb ram, and 16gb+ of internal storage. I'm sure it will be pretty straight forward. It will be going up against the iPad2 in software more than hardware. They will both have good enough specs to do what a tablet does, but people will choose based on their preference of the software.
    I agree that they had better be bringing something new to the table. Something that Apple iPad currently does not do. Like look at the BlackBerry Playbook, that brings a nice smooth interface and front and back cameras. I hope Palm will add even more features, as some hidden jewel in WebOS 2.0 that we have yet to see.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I agree that they had better be bringing something new to the table. Something that Apple iPad currently does not do. Like look at the BlackBerry Playbook, that brings a nice smooth interface and front and back cameras. I hope Palm will add even more features, as some hidden jewel in WebOS 2.0 that we have yet to see.
    Of course th playbook interface looks nice, they ripped off WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin6 View Post
    I'm sure the palmpad will have a dual core processor, at least 512mb ram, and 16gb+ of internal storage. I'm sure it will be pretty straight forward. It will be going up against the iPad2 in software more than hardware. They will both have good enough specs to do what a tablet does, but people will choose based on their preference of the software.
    Yes, the choice being lots of apps (ipad) or barely any (ipad). Palm are going to have to pull alot more stops out if they expect people to choose a device with such a limited software collection (compared to ios/android devices that is)

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk
    Of course th playbook interface looks nice, they ripped off WebOS.
    I don't think thats a bad thing. WebOS interface, you could say, was taken from Mac OS X "expose" all windows feature. It's similar in nature. But the BlackBeryy Playbook OS (which will be on smartphones at some point, probably sooner rather then later) was actually developed by another company -- which is why it's better then RIM's OS (in my opinion, at least).

With that said, PalmPad needs to bring it to survive. And I hope Palm will!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    what if foxconn and inventec are both making a tablet, how sweet that would be huh....
    I was thinking the SAME thing!
    Maybe two different versions or types
    A tablet should be called "Pilot"
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    A tablet should be called "Pilot"
    Ewwww why you say that?