1.    #1  
    I had the opportunity to see the new Dell Venue Pro at a local Microsoft Store a few weeks ago and must say I was impressed by the device. WP7 didn't exactly win me over but I found the portrait slider, keyboard quality/responsiveness, screen size (4.1" AMOLED), and overall thinness of the device to be exactly what I'd love to see in an upcoming webOS phone.

One thing that turned me off on the device the slab feel of most current phones. If Palm were to make a phone similar to this, I'd still like to see them retain the roundness of the Pre. Is just feels better in-hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Physically, I think the phone is really slick looking. OTOH, I'm downright astounded why people are going crazy over the UI. I don't think I could imagine anything uglier if I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    dell is working on an android version to be released soon.
    cdma ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Dell pulled off this nice feel by sliding only the screen and leaving all smartphone components in the base. The Pre has some of the components in the top slider and the rest in base. You are right, that the Dell Venue has some impressive hardware but WP7 looks lopsided and clumsy to me.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I really do like the rounded, soft curves of the Pre form factor, but I'd really like them to scale it up a bit, make it a tiny bit wider, and certainly taller, to accommodate a larger keyboard with larger keys. A larger screen with better pixel density would certainly help sell this phone.
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    I still find it hard to believe that dell made quality hardware.