Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hesosmoove View Post
    Lol dude did you just start off your argument by telling me that verizon is losing money on a device that only "handfuls" of customers want?
    No, I said they would be losing money in delaying the Palm Pre 2 IF there were something significantly better to be announced by HP in a couple of weeks. That they are in no rush to launch the Pre 2 makes it seem likely that HP has nothing overwhelmingly great in their device portfolio for release in the near future because:

A) If they did, they wouldn't keep it a secret from Verizon since they offer them the most customers
    B) And Verizon wouldn't want to kneecap this launch by having HP announce a much better product line almost immediately after Verizon started trying to hawk the underwhelming Palm Pre 2.

The money is in the new customers,those waiting on webos specific hardware won't be going anywhere else to find it right now. I'm sorry but you have to accept the fact that verizon has better hardware to market than the pre 2. It's technology, therefore sometimes there will be delays.

Sometimes companies give surveys or announce new hardware to test the waters for demand.I seriously doubt verizon wants another kin 1&2 debacle.
    I think you mean another Palm Pre Plus debacle. You know the one where they had to not only virtually give away the phone AND a free mobile hotspot, yet still couldn't clear out all of their old inventory before they EOLed it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No, I said they would be losing money in delaying the Palm Pre 2 IF there were something significantly better to be announced by HP in a couple of weeks. That they are in no rush to launch the Pre 2 makes it seem likely that HP has nothing overwhelmingly great in their device portfolio for release in the near future because:

A) If they did, they wouldn't keep it a secret from Verizon since they offer them the most customers
    B) And Verizon wouldn't want to kneecap this launch by having HP announce a much better product line almost immediately after Verizon started trying to hawk the underwhelming Palm Pre 2.

I think you mean another Palm Pre Plus debacle. You know the one where they had to not only virtually give away the phone AND a free mobile hotspot, yet still couldn't clear out all of their old inventory before they EOLed it?

Well as i was trying to point out to you. The pre 2 has been pulled out of verizon's systems. No more dummy units on display. Clearly i was right. One,two or both things must've happened: A) They have knowledge of much better palm/hp hardware coming soon, B) They don't want to waste time/money on something that's much less attractive when placed against their lineup of droids. Face it, the pre 2 will not be launched in december. Im willing to even go as far as to say that it won't even be launched on an American carrier. It will be just as i stated somewhere before. The pre 2 is meant to be more of a developer device and to help them get used to the changes with webos2.0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12