1.    #1  
    I just ran across this on money.cnn.com....you might want to think twice about paying extra for "4G service"...
    4G is a myth (and a confusing mess) - Dec. 1, 2010

And it starts like this...
    NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- You've seen the 4G advertisements from T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon, bragging about a much-better wireless network with blazing fast speeds.

Here's the secret the carriers don't advertise: 4G is a myth. Like the unicorn, it hasn't been spotted anywhere in the wild just yet -- and won't be any time in the near future.

Check out the link above for full story.
    yeah this has been stated before, though def none are 4G the speeds are faster then regular 3G. Yes a extra 10 a month for a fictional 4G is way out of line, its a business to make more money, and for sprint it finally did. Though a bummer to pay for something that is really false, Sprint is still cheaper then Verizon and AT&T, and with better phones then Tmobile.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    This has been posted a few times now...

Sprint is selling Premium Data add-on package with its 4g phones they are not selling 4g.

T-Mobile is just claiming 4G I don't think they charge for it.

IDK what Verizon is doing but I'm sure they will do a Sprint and sell it as premium data of some sort.

Why does everyone care? Your paying for better service period, no matter what they call it people are to caught up on 3g, 4g, SuperFastDownload, Mega G who cares?

Quote from linked article.

One network representative, who asked not to be identified, claimed that ITU's 4G line-in-the-sand is being misconstrued. The organization previously approved the use of the term "4G" for Sprint's WiMAX and Verizon's LTE networks, he said -- though not for T-Mobile's HSPA+ network.
    Approved too use the term yet people still are talking about it like they are trying to scam people anything for a story nowadays eh?
    Yeah whatever they call it, it's faster than 3G by a big margin when you have a good signal. Sprint WiMax phones are pulling 10mbps with a good signal. That's pretty impressive if you ask me. That's faster than most peoples DSL connections.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Yeah whatever they call it, it's faster than 3G by a big margin when you have a good signal. Sprint WiMax phones are pulling 10mbps with a good signal. That's pretty impressive if you ask me. That's faster than most peoples DSL connections.
    and as stated wimax 2 which is considered 4G will be compatiable to upgrade current wimax freqencys:

WiMAX 2 is based on the IEEE 802.16m standard and offers more efficient, faster, and more converged data communications. The WiMAX 2 standards should be finalized by November 2010.

The standard comes with compatibility with existing Mobile WiMAX solutions and offer carriers the possibility to migrate to it via upgrading channel cards or their system software.

and with speeds exeeding 330Mbps that will really be amazing, until then I guess we'll have to settle for the anti 4G.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    and with speeds exeeding 330Mbps that will really be amazing, until then I guess we'll have to settle for the anti 4G.
    Ya but the problem with the 330Mbps Samsung lab test is it was one device only feet away from the transmitter with no real word interference/multiple users etc. Impressive non the less but not real world speeds we will see for a long time.
    [Sprint is selling Premium Data add-on package with its 4g phones they are not selling 4g.

T-Mobile is just claiming 4G I don't think they charge for it.

IDK what Verizon is doing but I'm sure they will do a Sprint and sell it as premium data of some sort.

Why does everyone care? Your paying for better service period, no matter what they call it people are to caught up on 3g, 4g, SuperFastDownload, Mega G who cares?

IMO I believe instead of bars, it should show your connection speed instead, stupid gimmicks! gimme a break. Reminds me of the iphone, giving false signal (bars)
    I have a 4g phone but know 4g service in my area yet.I went 17 miles down the highway where there is 4g service and I could not believe how super fast it is. No myth.

Sent using taptalk.