Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    in my spare time today I went over to hp palm's website. Specifically the developers home page, to see some of the videos from dev day. I noticed the upcoming events on the right of the website, and it lists Mobile World Congress, not CES.

I know palm and hp have reserved space at CES, but now I'm wondering when the next round of announcements of "coming soon" devices and software upgrades will be announced by hp palm. Can you imagine the uproar of sprint customers with launch day pres if they have to wait ANOTHER month for new announcements?

personally, I will be eligible for an annual upgrade in late jan, for my pre plus on vzw. If the pre 2 ever comes out and that's the only device that vzw carries with webOS (pixi 2 doesn't count) for the foreseeable future, I will get it. Although my wife's droid 2 has been giving her all kinds of fits so I may usual my upgrade for her and wait on webOS 2.0 to hopefully upgrade my pre plus experience.

So...MWC or CES?
    how are you due for an upgrade after only one year with your pre+ ??
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    how are you due for an upgrade after only one year with your pre+ ??
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).
    If that happens I would not be happy! But as long as I hear some new news about Palm devices before my upgrade, which will be May 2011, I will be OK and probably upgrade to their device. Assuming it's the device I want!
  5.    #5  
    wow, quiet news and forum day...
    Hpalm is dead to me if they don't have anything serious to show and tell by CES. I've waited long enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    Hpalm is dead to me if they don't have anything serious to show and tell by CES. I've waited long enough.
    Why are you posting on this forum then?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    IDK why CES is not listed on their developer site under upcoming events, except that CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is more of a "consumer trade show" than a "developer event"! Would explain why it's not listed on H/Palms Developer site.

Not sure if Mobile World Congress is more dev oriented, but can imagine it might be.
    Last edited by sinime; 11/30/2010 at 04:15 PM.
  9.    #9  
    if I recall, it's when mobile devices are also announced worldwide not just for devs
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Why are you posting on this forum then?
    He hasn't put his money where his mouth is yet.
  11.    #11  
    please stay on topic.
    Well, here's their thing for MWC. Too bad they never give many details.

Mobile World Congress 2011
    Last edited by rsanchez1; 11/30/2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling fail
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I'm going to feel bad for everyone who's hoping/expecting a super-device and doesn't get that fulfillment. ):

webOS 2.0, a new pixi, and a tablet! YA!
    *If you have low expectations, you won't be disappointed.*
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK why CES is not listed on their developer site under upcoming events, except that CES (Consumer Electronics Show) is more of a "consumer trade show" than a "developer event"! Would explain why it's not listed on H/Palms Developer site.

Not sure if Mobile World Congress is more dev oriented, but can imagine it might be.
    Yet, the past 2 CESs they released new hardware. Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I'm going to feel bad for everyone who's hoping/expecting a super-device and doesn't get that fulfillment. ):

webOS 2.0, a new pixi, and a tablet! YA!
    *If you have low expectations, you won't be disappointed.*
    My expectations is for Palm to announce they are making movies. Yay! LOL JK. Nah, I expect something to be announced, I hope the phone I want will be announced. Which is, a bigger screen then the Pre with similar specs. Thats not much to ask!
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    My expectations is for Palm to announce they are making movies. Yay! LOL JK. Nah, I expect something to be announced, I hope the phone I want will be announced. Which is, a bigger screen then the Pre with similar specs. Thats not much to ask!
    Yeah, the movies thing is correct... They are making the Angry Birds movie for Rovio.
    I talked to a regional Sprint rep today (hence a rumor.) He said he'd spoken to a Palm rep, who said Palm will be making an announcement at the CES about the next gen phone.
    Let's hope it's true!
    the front page of precentral.net is reporting that Palm won't have a booth at CES, but that they have reserved a large room - perfect for a major launch event.
    yeah....sure
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I guess in my dream world, HP/Palm announce new hardware for Sprint, Verizon, & AT&T at CES. Then they announce that hardware for international carriers at Mobile World Congress.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast