Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I won't make a decision until my upgrade comes. Who cares when Palm is rolling out new phones? I love Palm, but if my Pre wasn't filling my needs, I would get another phone. If you need something better, go for it. Nobody is holding anyone back. With that said..... I really hope new phones come out soon!!
    So disappointed reading what webOS roundup had to say about CES and PALM, its just disheartening. So lost now. I luv my phone and OS so much
  3.    #63  
    so then what exactly is happening in the room palm has reserved for CES?

I guess palm follows the rule, "if it wasn't for the last minute nothing would get done."
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    As far as I know, Palm still has their room. I expect them to announce the WebOS 2.1 update that was leaked on engadget yesterday (webOS 2.0 for the Sprint Palm Pre leaks out, added features in tow -- Engadget). This will probably be released to all webos phones.

It doesn't seem like they are going to announce any hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    As far as I know, Palm still has their room. I expect them to announce the WebOS 2.1 update that was leaked on engadget yesterday (webOS 2.0 for the Sprint Palm Pre leaks out, added features in tow -- Engadget). This will probably be released to all webos phones.

It doesn't seem like they are going to announce any hardware.
    Say it aint so.
    Would this be an expensive, but great marketing ploy...

They issue a "recall" of old Sprint Pre Minuses, citing a defect with a lack of memory or something, and offer all Sprint customers that still have active Pre's a FREE Sprint Pre 2?

It would reward the patient Sprint Pre owners that have stayed with them, and stem people from defecting to Android or whatever for a bit more. Those who already switched, or who have a better product (like Pre Pluses) would not qualify.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    At this point, I'm losing faith in anything noteworthy being shown at either CES or MWC.
    You guys are getting all worked up over speculation. The CES is just a few weeks away. Take a deep breath and enjoy the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Would this be an expensive, but great marketing ploy...

They issue a "recall" of old Sprint Pre Minuses, citing a defect with a lack of memory or something, and offer all Sprint customers that still have active Pre's a FREE Sprint Pre 2?

It would reward the patient Sprint Pre owners that have stayed with them, and stem people from defecting to Android or whatever for a bit more. Those who already switched, or who have a better product (like Pre Pluses) would not qualify.
    I'm not sure I understand why Sprint Pre owners are "owed" anything beyond the opportunity to purchase (or not) whatever communications devices they choose.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You guys are getting all worked up over speculation. The CES is just a few weeks away. Take a deep breath and enjoy the holidays.
    +1
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why Sprint Pre owners are "owed" anything beyond the opportunity to purchase (or not) whatever communications devices they choose.
    I'm not sure why you used the word owed, let alone put it in quotes, when the person to whom you're responding didn't use the word, and indeed said explicitly that this would be a marketing ploy.

Not that I think this would actually happen.
    For myself it is hard being on standby for such a long time now while watching the others grow and some (RIM) snatching ideas...but I haven't found another system in mobile space that is on par with webOS. ANDROID is nice...but it isn't on par with webOS to me.

2011 will prove hit or miss for HPalm I guess. They have to rock the boat to get their share...and my prediction is that they will.
    Relax guys. If you go to the CES website and look @ the exhibitor directory you will find both palm, inc and hp listed and both are listed in "North Hall Upper Level Meeting Rooms (N246)." They'll be there. Now whether they announce anything or not we'll have to wait and see.
    I know that things seem far and away right now, but Hpalm promises great things ahead. Coming months, whatever, six months after acquisition. They have things moving and it is at an accelerated pace I'm sure. We will be given new hardware and whatever else they have in store. This community, my community, seems very hard to please sometimes. HP devoted a handful of their work force to webos just 2 weeks ago. We can't ignore the fact that they are giving an effort to get Palm in a competitve place. Even if things look messed up with the weakest launch I've ever seen of the pre2. I know we will be given some amazing devices. It's just hard to read all of the negativity sometimes. I am on this site 10 plus times daily. I am hooked and love this community. I just have a hard time waiting for the big monster of HP's slow pace. It will be worth the wait. I'm sure of it. -shag-
    Oh, and just because the Developer website and the Developer newsletter mentions MWC and not CES means nothing. They are doing a developer event at MWC so that is why it is listed. It is a calendar related to developer events. Everybody needs to relax. If nothing major happens then nothing major happens. Those that do not like it will move on or keep whining and those of us you love WebOS will continue to wait. HPalm is going to release something awesome, that much is certain. We've heard it from Ruby, from McKinney, and from Rahul (who declared the new device(s) to be awesome). Be patient.
    I'm none too pleased that the source says no new phone for Sprint before June, 2011.
    This is effing crazy
    Sounds like the Pre and Pixi might be set up for some of their own webOS fragmentation with an up to 6-month delay between webOS 2.0 releases for some carriers.
    well according to that sprint will be getting a new device by june. question is will it be the pre2 with 4g capabilities? if so i think it's gonna fail miserably. 2 years is a long time between phones. what we need is a current spec webos device to hit that will bring people back and sign new users up.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast