1.    #1  
    All I really want from HPalm (or any hardware vendor for that matter) is a phone that is truly global.

GSM all bands at 3G speeds. That's all. The Nokia E7 and N8 phones do this. Gimme choices.

Throw in CDMA compatibility and I'm in heaven. 3G is fast enough for me on a phone. Don't need LTE or Wimax.

Pre2 with a real pentaband 3G radio and I'm in heaven.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I was thinking the same thing actually.
    Wouldn't it be easier on HPalm if they just did one pentaband GSM version of the Pre 2, instead of making a European GSM version and an American GSM version?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I would love to see a state-of-the-art phone released without 4G/LTE. I don't want to be forced into a +$10/mo contract. That's spending an extra $240 for ...nothing.
    maybe it has something to do with control. Or maybe its a cost thing(that it might be cheaper for a dual band umts vs a tri band)

who knows. But obviously most companies don't do this
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    maybe it has something to do with control. Or maybe its a cost thing(that it might be cheaper for a dual band umts vs a tri band)

who knows. But obviously most companies don't do this
    I'm thinking it's more control. I would think economies of scale would even out the cost of using 1 more expensive radio compared to several different but cheaper radios.

Carriers probably don't want people to be buying phones from them just to ship them to other countries. (they make way more money on plans than they do on hardware, even with contract-less pricing).