Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So people are continuing to push other members to spam Sprint's Facebook page and send angry emails to them about their decision not to carry the Pre2. Guys, time to take a step back and ask yourselves if the constant spamming and btching is doing any good, or if you are giving the webOS community a bad reputation for being whiners. Sprint knows the score. They are eventually going to carry another webOS device. Constantly complaining, and aggressively posting your disappointment on their facebook page is getting old, and really making other communities become annoyed with Precentral members.
    I obviously understand and feel the same frustration as ever other release day owner, as well as other owners who are waiting to use their upgrades, but are without any new webOS options. But attacking your carrier is not going to accomplish anything besides convincing others that we are an immature group of users. Everyone knows we want a new Sprint phone. We get it. They get it. Enough is enough.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Agreed! It's starting to get embarrassing...
    You are right... but Sprint should make an official response that they will be carrying future webOS devices. As far as I know , Sprint officially hasn't made any such statement that they will... Sprint needs to acknowledge the webOS community...

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    So people are continuing to push other members to spam Sprint's Facebook page and send angry emails to them about their decision not to carry the Pre2. Guys, time to take a step back and ask yourselves if the constant spamming and btching is doing any good, or if you are giving the webOS community a bad reputation for being whiners. Sprint knows the score. They are eventually going to carry another webOS device. Constantly complaining, and aggressively posting your disappointment on their facebook page is getting old, and really making other communities become annoyed with Precentral members.
    I obviously understand and feel the same frustration as ever other release day owner, as well as other owners who are waiting to use their upgrades, but are without any new webOS options. But attacking your carrier is not going to accomplish anything besides convincing others that we are an immature group of users. Everyone knows we want a new Sprint phone. We get it. They get it. Enough is enough.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    The act of complaining isn't immature, but how one complains might be. If Sprint wants the complaining to stop, they can release a statement about carrying future devices. Until they do, post away!
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinfusor View Post
    The act of complaining isn't immature, but how one complains might be. If Sprint wants the complaining to stop, they can release a statement about carrying future devices. Until they do, post away!
    is that the way it works in your world ??? did your parents teach you to complain until someone does what you want or did you just complain until you got your way when you were growing up ?? thats not the way it works in the real world friend. and yes that is immature .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is that the way it works in your world ??? did your parents teach you to complain until someone does what you want or did you just complain until you got your way when you were growing up ?? thats not the way it works in the real world friend. and yes that is immature .
    I was going to say something like that but decided not to. I'm glad you did though! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    that is exactly how the real world works. Hate to break it to you but the world isn't perfect. People complaining about what they want is how things get done. If no one requets or complains about what they want then they don't get squat. Simple supply and demand. Palm users demand the pre 2 form sprint. Now it's up to sprint to decide wether they want to supply it.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/25/2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    that is exactly how the real world works. Hate to break it to you but the world isn't perfect. People complaining about what they want is how things get done. If no one requets or complains about what they want then they don't get squat. Simple supply and demand. Palm users demand the pre 2 form sprint. Now it's up to sprint to decide wether they want to supply it.
    thats why this world is going to crap lol because of immature self indulging people and they still dont get what they want all the time. it must be a sucky life for sure .

sorry hellownnnewman for the bad word lol
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 11/25/2010 at 07:08 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Well said.

set using tap talk
    This is how it works in the real world. NO company or politician likes to be bombarded with non-favorable communications.

This was a method Pres. Obama used as a community organizer and they can be viewed as agitators to govt, businesses or anyone opposing their cause. This is also the method used by MANY groups to get legislation passed, etc. Nothing worst for a business or politicians phoneline, email etc to crash b/c some group has asked members, etc to overwound them in this manner.

Review Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals and how they attempted to accomplished their goals as community organizers. These rules can be for good/bad and I believe has been apart of the blueprint for Obama's success to become President, so to keep nagging Sprint can be very effective, trust me they are monitoring it and may lay-low unless it becomes news, which forces them to address it and create even more questions, etc about Sprint and webOS.

According to Alinsky, the main job of the organizer is to bait an opponent into reacting. “The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.”
    Last edited by RoverNole; 11/25/2010 at 08:58 PM.
    I don't think voicing that you want a new HP webOS phone is a bad thing, but I think voicing it with threats and anger is. I choose to voice my opinion to Sprint, but in a positive manner.
    If Sprint wants the complaining to stop, they can release a statement about carrying future devices.

...in the coming months. That seems to be a good safety net, because any month after this month is a coming month.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I don't think voicing that you want a new HP webOS phone is a bad thing, but I think voicing it with threats and anger is. I choose to voice my opinion to Sprint, but in a positive manner.
    now this post i can respect !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    It's about how you approach it. Sprint needs to know a large consumer base would like a Palm Pre 2, but if we're just angry about everything and yell at them, they could just not carry it simply out of spite.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I think those pushing sprint for palm2 or other webos devices are doing sprint a huge favor. Saving them tons of time and money on market research; they already know what many consumers want and that is new webos phones on sprint.

Sprint has 2 goals to gain new subscribers and keep existing ones. And with all the bombardment I think sprint should be getting the point that people want new webos devices and they want them on sprint. Take advantage of this oppurtinity sprint.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    agreed that it is all in the 'how' you complain. Personally I've always stated to Sprint that they have me as a customer because of the exclusivity of the webOS device. I have further stated, unequivocally, that they needed to provide a webOS alternative in order to keep me as a customer. No anger, no boasting just a simple statement of personal choice. I am fortunate enough to have very good coverage with all 4 national providers, actually Sprint is the least strong and it is quite acceptable, so I choose my 'mobile computing platform' first and my service provider accordingly.

Personally I think that Sprint is making a calculation that most people won't jump ship mid-contract, which is why service like these contracts. More evidence is the premier yearly upgrade offering. Think about it you keep pushing the contract date two years out. Which is why when Sprint called me to entice me to upgrade my phone a few weeks ago I decline all their offerings since they were not webOS. The rep actually tried to get me into a Pixi.

If Sprint had chosen to support the Pre 2 they would have me for another 2 years now. They haven't so they've got me until July 2011 (I was out of the country starting June 6th 2009 to be a launch-day adopter) at which point I'll get the latest available webOS device, most likely out of contract at that.

I will continue to keep stating that position, civilly, for one simple reason... it is what I believe and will act accordingly. I hope that many here in pre|central share my position and state it accordingly and that our collectives positions would be enough to sway Sprint's business plans.
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post

Well said!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    This is how it works in the real world. NO company or politician likes to be bombarded with non-favorable communications.

This was a method Pres. Obama used as a community organizer and they can be viewed as agitators to govt, businesses or anyone opposeing their cause. This is also the method used by MANY groups to get legislation passed, etc. Nothing worst for a business or politicians phoneline, email etc to crash b/c some group has asked members, etc to overwound them in this manner.

Review Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals and how they attempted to accomplished their goals as community organizers. These rules can be for good/bad and I believe has been apart of the blueprint for Obama's success to become President, so to keep nagging Sprint can be very effective, trust me they are monitoring it and may lay-low unless it becomes news, which forces them to address it and create even more questions, etc about Sprint and webOS.

According to Alinsky, the main job of the organizer is to bait an opponent into reacting. “The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.”
    First, nix any "Obama" chatter please. Don't make this one of those threads. Second, your carrier is not an opponent or enemy to be beaten into submission. You can request a service or product. But in the end the company will do what is necessary to make a profit. If offering one phone maker over another make sense, that is what they will do, and you can't blame them simply because it's not what you want of them. The Pre was a calculated risk that, because of a delayed release that decayed hype, poor advertising, and a reputation for poor build quality, became a drain rather than a boom for the company. I don't blame them for being skeptical or hesitant to carry what is a minimally redesigned, spec bumped version of the same phone. Third, the community ourselves is getting a bad rep because of this as well. Remember how much people hate the iphone fans who think Jobs can do know wrong, and how annoying they were and still are? I'd prefer our community be viewed as they are. I think the members here are on average technically saavy and well educated in the industry. I'd hate to have everone not take us seriously because we whine like babies because Sprint won't give us what we want.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Guys, they know you're there. More to the point, they know how many of you there are. They know how much trouble you have been with your complaints and demands throughout the lifecycle of the Pre. This is the second series of Palm phones they have passed on.

Make all the noise you want. You're not going anywhere. They know that because after passing on the last two wOS offerings, you're still here, nagging and pestering them. They know how much money they will make, or likely lose on another wOS device. They are in line with the vast majority of carriers around the world who passed on this thing.

They also know how many EVO users they picked up. If all of the disgruntled Pre users got in a van and left tomorrow, they wouldn't even notice.

You have asked, demanded, begged cajoled, and disgraced yourself trying to get them to offer a P2. THEY SAID NO! At this point, it is just harassment. Certain Pre fans have become that crazy, jilted stalker who keeps violating the restraining order. What's next? A denial of service attack? Personally showing up at Sprint headquarters? For the love of god, just stop!
    It's just a phone....

Here's how I look at it (just my analogy - don't take it to heart)
    Say you have blueprints for the house of your dreams. A house that incorporates the best of the stuff you've seen in other houses out there and adds more cool stuff. Say you give those plans to a builder and they build your beautiful house for you. Soon you find that even though it's beautiful, the builder didn't take his time and do it right the first time and cut corners - putting it's foundation on sand instead of digging down. House begins settling, cracks form, stuff starts not working.
    You get your money from the first builder and hire another. They have to not only tear down the original home you built, but have to take even more time digging out the old foundation and making sure the new foundation is laid on bedrock this time.

You didn't throw your blueprints out when the first attempt was poorly built, but it it takes the second company extra time to not only fix the original issue, but start from scratch to make your original vision comes to light.

HP took over Palm and a merger in itself takes a HUGE amount of time. HP purchased Palm because they liked the blueprints they had for webOS. The first hardware implementations may have had flaws, but redoing the hardware design while updating the OS also takes time (on top of the merger). If it's going to be done right, it's going to take some time.

If the rumors are true of Sprint passing on the new device (Pre 2), there's just as much chance that the other rumor is just as true that they passed because they saw the next versions and wanted those instead.

Who knows...? But there's sure a lot of energy being wasted on getting angry over a phone. /my rant.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast