Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    English is my second language what does "a palm pre 2" mean?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url= Beta[/url]
    'the' would imply that there is a release date, he just can't talk about it. 'a' release date makes it unclear.
    Good lord. You guys are still going on with this? First you email the heck out of Sprint reps who don't know/can't reveal any info, nitpicking every word for signs of hope, now you're doing it with FB comments? [facepalm] You guys are worse than kids before Christmas. No new information was provided in the FB comment. None.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    why would anyone want a pre2 months before a new device is announced? Sounds like a waste to me. Ill just sit back with my crapbox EVO and wait for a better webOS device than the pre 2.
    We will see. I hope so.
    hey I'll go ahead and offer my he said she said BS from sprint too, here you go:

11:15:17 AM : ###: no I meant Palm webos phones like the palm pre, I have no interest in the android phones like the EVO or epic

11:15:32 AM : ###: do you have info on HP/Palm webos phones coming soon?

11:17:38 AM : Nixel A: Right now we do not have any information about it.

11:17:43 AM : Nixel A: I understand that you have interest in the Palm like phones.

11:17:43 AM : Nixel A: Yes, we will launch these type of phones shortly and you will be notified.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm in the minority - not interested in the Pre 2 - I have an overclocked Pre - and am more than completely satisfied with it. I'm a Sprint Premier Customer and would rather use my update on the Pre 2's successor!
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority - not interested in the Pre 2 - I have an overclocked Pre - and am more than completely satisfied with it. I'm a Sprint Premier Customer and would rather use my update on the Pre 2's successor!
    I agree, I am just being stubborn though
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    that'swhatshesaid!
    That's also why she is still here lol

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    11:17:43 AM : Nixel A: I understand that you have interest in the Palm like phones.

11:17:43 AM : Nixel A: Yes, we will launch these type of phones shortly and you will be notified.
    I don't like the part where it says "the Palm like phones"

One could say the Torch is "Palm-like" because of its Pre-like form factor, or the Playbook's OS (I know its not a phone just saying) because of its cards metaphor.

Or now am I the one reading too much into this?
    a new device for Sprint is coming... we got shafted with the Pre Plus and Palm and sprint have had a long relationship.. it is truly just a matter of waiting now which is unfortunate. at least my pre is is still chugging along.. plzzzzzzz CES!!!!
    Last edited by ryudo423; 11/29/2010 at 09:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post

One could say the Torch is "Palm-like" because of its Pre-like form factor, or the Playbook's OS (I know its not a phone just saying) because of its cards metaphor.

Oh, it jumped out at me immediately, but seeing as English is obviously not their first language, I am sure it is just bad wording. Or maybe it was a valley girl and it was "palm, like, phones, like fer sure."
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    why would anyone want a pre2 months before a new device is announced? Sounds like a waste to me. Ill just sit back with my crapbox EVO and wait for a better webOS device than the pre 2.
    i know i got the peace of **** EVO too, WebOS is far more superior in every aspect but just lacks the solid hardware cant wait for something new to show up!
    <<<< WebOS Represent >>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post

no I think your right, I notice that now that you said it, and it does seem like "pre like" could be all type of touchscreen phones. Oh well we can all just sit and hope huh.
    people, just get over it.

the pre2 is NOT coming to sprint. Maybe the next webOS device will, but not the pre 2.

it's over.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The Pre 2 is not going to come to Sprint. If it was, it would be announced already.

From everything I have gathered, the Pre 2 was the phone Palm was working on before things really fell apart in 1st half of 2010. I suspect they were planning to release it near the summer of 2010, but being near certain bankruptcy; no carrier wanted to touch them.

Then they were bought by HP, and there was likely months of paperwork/bureaucracy that followed. Palm finally released it very quietly with practically no announcement.

What I'm trying to say, the Pre 2 is likely not that important of a phone to Palm. HP and Rubenstein have made it very clear that they have bigger and better things planned for next year. A tablet is a certainty, and I would assume a newer/better phone(s) is(are) as well.

To put it simply: The Pre 2 is not that special of a phone, and Palm knows it. That is why they haven't done much press about it and it is barely coming to any carriers. They have bigger and better things in the works.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    people, just get over it.

the pre2 is NOT coming to sprint. Maybe the next webOS device will, but not the pre 2.

it's over.
    ...that's just your opinion. If not, PROVE it.

I'll laugh my "rear" off if you turn out to be wrong.

...and I think you will be.

;-)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    ...that's just your opinion. If not, PROVE it.

I'll laugh my "rear" off if you turn out to be wrong.

...and I think you will be.

;-)
    http://www.precentral.net/jon-rubens...-products-2011

All the talk is about new devices for 2011. The Pre 2 really isn't anything special, why else would Palm not be pushing it.

Also, What Happened to the Palm c40? Questions Answered WebOS World this is from "Jackson" about as reliable as a rumor source as we can get. He was the one who originally leaked the video of the EVO 4G way before it was announced. He clearly states:

My reply is that Sprint will be the carrier to offer new HP hardware in 2011. We have not yet been given exact specs on the device(s) but what we do know is that there is a 4G radio, completely new design, and cutting-edge technology involved.
    If you want to keep believing that Sprint is going to waste their time with the Pre 2, go ahead.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I agree Sprint will be getting the new device(s).

That does not preclude them also offering the Pre 2 as well.

For those of us who do not want a giant slab for a phone. (I have an iPad for my "giant slab" needs.) ;-)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    So you are saying the would release the Pre 2 and another (bigger & more powerful) device at the same time?

I don't think they would do that just for business reasons. The higher end palm device will most likely be a 4G phone. Which means sprint will charge their extra $10 a month for it. Unless they are going to force the extra $10 a month for a Pre 2 as well; I don't seem them offering the Pre 2 just to get everyone to purchase the more revenue generating phone.

There are likely only 3 scenarios:
    1. Sprint doesn't release the Pre 2. Instead getting a better and more powerful device as hinted at by 'Jackson'.
    2. Sprint sells the Pre 2 and then announces the next webos phone hinted at by 'Jackson'. This would probably anger many of the Pre 2 purchasers. Which would be many of the currently anxious Pre 1 owners.
    3. Sprint announces the Pre 2 and the higher end webos device at the same time. The only way this scenario would work is if Sprint heavily discounts the Pre 2 (like the iphone 3GS with AT&T).

I'm thinking scenario 1 is most likely since that is what has been said by 'jackson'.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I was following everything you were saying, Krische, until you started using 'jackson' as your primary source.

I have no idea if Sprint will get the Pre 2 or not. I'm thinking they'll skip it, but I don't see why people are so sure they won't. Who says it will be Sprint's flagship phone? Why can't Sprint get the hot new Palm phone and still pick up the Pre 2 and sell it for $49 or something along those lines?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I was mostly using 'jackson' as my primary source because he has correctly leaked Sprint phones in the past. And the only other source we have are our own assumptions really.

The only other correct leaker that I know on here is the person who leaked the video of Need For Speed a month or so before 3D games were announced at CES 2010.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast