Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I know I would like the watch to keep tabs on the phone's battery, but the watch has a battery to worry about too. Hmmm... What would be the best way to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I know I would like the watch to keep tabs on the phone's battery, but the watch has a battery to worry about too. Hmmm... What would be the best way to do this?
    I dunno... I'd imagine having the watch and phone constantly communicating with each other would such both batteries dry pretty quickly...
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    It'd be a nice gadget, but I don't think there's much of a market for that type of thing.
  4.    #24  
    I think the big problem would be that you couldn't charge the watch and the phone simultaneously, if they both used the touchstone, and you'd want them both charged when you woke up in the morning...
    Am I the only one who thinks that the flexible display that McKinnley loves to show can be used to make a nice PalmWatch?
    Remember MMS - Mojo Messaging System - Palm's BBM contender they originally meant for energy-efficient push data transfer between close-by webOS devices?

Don't know what could benefit more from it than the fabled webOS wristwatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I dunno... I'd imagine having the watch and phone constantly communicating with each other would such both batteries dry pretty quickly...
    Yeah. Good call.
    Like the Rollie, it wouldnt need a battery and would work off movement
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Would love this, integrated with an ANT+ radio.
    Would be awesome for running with a footpod and heartrate monitor.
    As much as I love my garmin, having a watch that integrates with the GPS, music player and everything else I manage when I'm running would be amazing. I usually have my phone along with me for safety's sake, so it could be essentially a "base station" that communicates with the watch, the heartrate monitor, the footpod and bluetooth headphones, does the GPS stuff (with something like jogstats) etc.

Would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    (shake to stop/start, sharp wrist twist clockwise to skip, wave your arm in a helicopter motion to scrub. JK!)
    one day, in the not so distant future, when everyone is swinging their arms about ridiculously with their palm mp3 players, we can look back and remember the ipod.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Just to offer some sort of alternative.... what if said Palm Watch was more of an iPod nano compeditor..? a wristwatch media player that also gave you stuff like the calendar, etc?
    Maybe it will be something similar to this:

Sony Ericsson LiveView review -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that the flexible display that McKinnley loves to show can be used to make a nice PalmWatch?
    I was going to post the same thing.
    I see a WebOS watch a little differently. I'd like it to be my phone/data/GPS connection with BT or WiFi tethering to my various other WebOS devices. Also a built in BT headset that ejects from the side of the watch for taking calls. Contacts, Calendar, etc would be available locally on the watch through synergy.
    The power of this setup is that I don't need an expensive data connection to each device (tablet, pre, notebook, etc). All I need when I leave the house is my watch. But for various reasons I might grab a companion tablet or 4" device that no longer needs to be a phone. Or in the future I could walk up to any computer-like device quickly pair it to my watch and have access to my data and a 4G connection to the internet nearly instantly.
    Hmm... Perhaps they could call it the pPod nano, and make sure it integrates well with the pTV, (cause you know that's got to be just around the corner). And after they have put out the pEnvy air and a pPad, (almost forgot the printer that works with the innovative PalmPrint technology), perhaps they will get around to making a phone that the general public wants to buy. Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by aewilliams View Post
    I see a WebOS watch a little differently. I'd like it to be my phone/data/GPS connection with BT or WiFi tethering to my various other WebOS devices. Also a built in BT headset that ejects from the side of the watch for taking calls. Contacts, Calendar, etc would be available locally on the watch through synergy.
    The power of this setup is that I don't need an expensive data connection to each device (tablet, pre, notebook, etc). All I need when I leave the house is my watch. But for various reasons I might grab a companion tablet or 4" device that no longer needs to be a phone. Or in the future I could walk up to any computer-like device quickly pair it to my watch and have access to my data and a 4G connection to the internet nearly instantly.
    that would be great but i don't think the tech is there yet. Unless you want a grandfather clock on a sack truck. Now that would be stylish.
  17. OrR
    Not with the newest Bluetooth spec ( Bluetooth low energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). The stuff that really sucks power, like the phone radio, a big backlit screen and Wifi would all be in the phone.

I think a webOS watch would be brilliant. It would not need to be a fully functional device on it's own but only a companion to the phone in your pocket. It could display notifications and Exhibition apps, that would give it pretty much all the important functionality. So all the small things like controlling the music player, looking up the weather and glancing at your latest messages could happen on the watch. If you wanted to do something fancy like answering an email, entering a calendar event etc., you'd get out your phone anyway.

Of course, the best function of a webOS watch: Taking calls on it and looking like a dork talking to your watch.
  18.    #38  
    I've been reading around about digital wristwatches, and I found this:
    OpenWatch v1.2.0 (2010-11-17) Android (SE BT Watch MBW-100/150/200, LM958, Prada) - xda-developers
    It's a piece of FOSS that lets you use your phone (Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, J2ME, PalmOS, Maemo) with a notification wristwatch, such as the Sony MBW 150, and some others. I was going to request a port, but I saw this on the dev's page (smartmadsoft / Home)
    "webOS
    (BT API in webOS 2.0)"
    I feel like relatively soon I'll be getting one of these to replace my trusty old Casio Remote watch.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12