Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I know right, it'll come with a metal belt holster, or a optional sling strap to wear around your neck.
    You know all the serious phone geeks would geek out on holstering a 7in tablet phone on their hips. They'll think they're the coolest ish ever. Just look how silly the guy in the photo holding that 4.8in Acer looks.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Well, it's just funny because first Palm was being yelled at for making small screens, now there are rumors of them making a 5 inch phone? I just find it humorous.
    lol yeah I dont think im ready to put a 5 inch flat screen tv up to my ear yet..
    That's understandable. Would you prefer a small crappy screen so you can flick cards? Oh! Sorry that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Ha. Next thing you know manufacturers will be telling us that a 7in tablet next to ear as a phone is the new hot thing.
    They can say whatever they want. You remember the creepy girl Palm used in their commercials? What did that say? It's sales that will determine what is the next "hot thing"

I know right, it'll come with a metal belt holster, or a optional sling strap to wear around your neck.
    If you are of average height, there should be no problem with this phone fitting in you pants pocket, unless of course the user wears skin tight pants.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Why? why would you build a 4.8" slab and call it a phone. I blame HTC for this nonsense. Ever since the HD2/Evo came out. It's been a big ****ing contest on who has the most inches. 3.1-3.8" are acceptable...4.0" being the absolute maximum.

Anything larger and you're just being ridonculous in my opinion. Call it a mini tab at that point and stop being pretentious.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    You know all the serious phone geeks would geek out on holstering a 7in tablet phone on their hips. They'll think they're the coolest ish ever. Just look how silly the guy in the photo holding that 4.8in Acer looks.
    if you guys don't remember the galaxy tab was originally supposed to work just like a phone too. That's a 7" tab phone holdsters by dorks nationwide, (if it ever happened).
    I hate to say it but at this point HP is sort of a fool. I see this because HP has yet proven themselves in the smartphone area, especially with Webos yet. So to me rumor of a 5 inch phone device coming soon, before a device that their audience is seeking to me is kind of dumb to be frank. HP needs to make a device like a a EVO, or Droid with high specs first period. Then if people accept that device, with webos then start to experiment with ideas of totally different form factors. At this point HP is the smartphone space are still considered a laughing stock, with the release of the Pre2 nothing but a spec bump, and carriers refusing to pick up the device its dosent look to good right now. Though I have high hopes, and confidence HP will be fine in the near future, its just at this point their first step forward right now is more of a couple of steps back.
    HP does not need to make just one phone next year. They need to make at least 3 phones next year. A 5 inch huge phone would be nice. Kind of a middle in the road deal. Then a 4 inch phone, for people who like the Evo size phones. And a 3.5 inch phone. The 5 inch would be no keyboard while the others do. Remember, HP should cater to everyone at this point, and that will make a bunch of people happy. And if they could get a Pre 2 on more carriers that be nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Speaking not as a developer, but as someone who works in online creative for a huge retailer that is doing mobile apps for WP7, iOS, and Android (and I work with the developers actually doing the coding and designers doing the layout for each) - I can say with 100 percent certainty that money was not a factor in our decision to begin development for Microsoft's nascent OS while HP's WebOS (and keep in mind, we use their servers, printers, and some of their laptops) was never considered for a second.

We were never paid. We simply took a look at the landscape and determined that Microsoft was serious about mobile and had a strategy even though they had just killed off Windows Mobile 6.5. We got some early prorotype devices (hence how I was able to spend some time in an elevator with one a few months back) and a LOT of developer support. No such luck from HP, even though they're a preferred vendor. I'm not sure if they even tried pitching us at any point. In any case, we approached Microsoft.

Money and even marketing cannot compensate for a compelling product, and what only Apple and Google seem to realize these days is that the product is not just the phone or even the operating system. It's the entire ecosystem and experience. HP keeps hinting that they want to offer this with their family of "connected devices", but they haven't offered anything tangible to back this up. Not just us...but a lot of companies and developers aren't going to take them seriously until they do. Payola is not going to change that.
    Thats very true. If HP has not given devices to any developers, then they should have a long time ago. Maybe they are waiting for more final hardware with the "new road map". Maybe they aren't actually finished? I don't know but they need to show you they are serious.

And to the OP. I want a 5 inch screen! At first I was iffy but more and more I think it be cool. But I can deal with a 4 inch, as well. But 5 would be best (without keyboard).

And i hope HP makes their 5 incher at least the same resolution as with the Acer.
    Last edited by astraith; 11/23/2010 at 09:41 PM.
    You guys are funny.

I've been playing with a Dell Streak I bought for my brother-in-law. Yes, it's a humongous phone. And I absolutely love it, especially with the latest Froyo update. The virtual keyboard is actually great to use on a screen of that size. I really enjoy surfing the web and reading with it. If HP releases a Streak-like phone with WebOS 2.0, I am all over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    You guys are funny.

I've been playing with a Dell Streak I bought for my brother-in-law. Yes, it's a humongous phone. And I absolutely love it, especially with the latest Froyo update. The virtual keyboard is actually great to use on a screen of that size. I really enjoy surfing the web and reading with it. If HP releases a Streak-like phone with WebOS 2.0, I am all over it.
    Amen friend.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12