1. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Everytime I think of jumping ship on HP/Palm and the PRE that I absolutely think 'rocks', I look back to what HP brings to the table.

HP earnings and revenue beat estimates on higher PC sales - Nov. 22, 2010

While HP is NOT the largest business in the world, it's a Hegemon in the electronics world and I believe they knew what they were looking for when they acquired Palm into their business fold. 2011 is gonna be grand for the Palm Nation ! I just wish the next couple months would hurry up and get here.
    I totally agree.

Bigger and better things are coming for webos users. "The race isn't for the swift or strong, but for those who can endure until the end".
    rush, your last avatar looks the best
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    Everytime I think of jumping ship on HP/Palm and the PRE that I absolutely think 'rocks', I look back to what HP brings to the table.

HP earnings and revenue beat estimates on higher PC sales - Nov. 22, 2010

While HP is NOT the largest business in the world, it's a Hegemon in the electronics world and I believe they knew what they were looking for when they acquired Palm into their business fold. 2011 is gonna be grand for the Palm Nation ! I just wish the next couple months would hurry up and get here.
    Doesn't matter how well they do unfortunately. And while I run a shop that uses Proliants over from DeskPro's a couple years back and they deliver solid solutions, the bridge folk will still come here and try to bash HP & Palm.

Cue specuhaters in 5....4....3....
    I certainly hope you are right that this is a good thing. But a small piece of me worries that such revenue and profit make it easy to not bother with Palm at all. We all tend to think that spending $1.3 billion means they have to make a go of webOS, but they could easily write it off and the shareholders would barely notice.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I totally agree.

Bigger and better things are coming for webos users. "The race isn't for the swift or strong, but for those who can endure until the end".
    HP might be able to drop $1.3 billion, kill off Palm, write it off and get away with it (meaning minimal backlash from the shareholders), but the shareholders would/will want a good reason. At least at this point in time. If Palm had been a direct competitor, they could have done a buy 'em & dump it action. But as it is, the Palm purchase is an investment. And the shareholders expect a reasonable effort to make the purchase generate value. To me, that means the phone division (Palm) now has about 15-18 months to prove itself as capable of garnering some respect in the market, as measured by sales.
    Author of Exch-Calc, Dog Years, Cat Years and all future creations of Pre-zy Software. Available in the Application Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear22 View Post
    whats hegemon by the way? if you dont mind me asking... thanks
    Google it. Or use your phone's dictionary. Or even Bing it.
    Ah, a rare post with no Palm bashing. Thumbs Up to you my friend. I feel the same way. HP didnt get to where they are at by making sloppy decisions. They know what people want and have been delivering it for years. Yes, you cant please not appeal to everyone, but facts are facts, and if you look at HP's track record, they have been doing better than most. Just look at their competition. It isnt any mom and pop gadget company. There are MAJOR players, if not the TOP players in the industry. I feel comfortable with Palm in the hands (ha) of HP. They know what to do and I think they will do it.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie