Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Guys, if they make a 5" phone, where the screen includes the gesture area, it will be pretty nice, perhepas no bigger than the EVO, if they go for a wider screen ratio.

I'm all for a 5" if it's not too wide, but they really need to crank up the resolution from 480p. 720p would be as high a dpi as the iPhone 4 and Ipod Touch 4G, which would be amazing.

They should add N-trig digitizer support, and I wouldn't need a tablet based on a mobile platform. It would be my dream portable device, as long as the next versions of webOS support Cyrillic and Asian languages.

The iPhone's screen is WAY too small. That's why they need apps so badly. I like to use the web as much as possible, so the larger screen the better. For me, a tablet based on a mobile OS is pretty dumb. If OS X Lion can implement a full screen mode for apps, and the current OS X has instant on (new Macbook Airs), there is no reason why Windows 8 can't have it as well.

I want Onenote and the real Photoshop on my tablet, so the Eee Pad is the way to go for me, despite the limitations of Win7 on a slate. (If it has N-trig, like some videos show.) A Palmpad or iPad is useless to me. But a 5" tablet phone would be just perfect for reading and studying on the go. Perfect for trading stocks too, mostly with the upcoming VPN support. No need for a full size tablet with a limited mobile OS with such a device.

It's really all about width and screen ratio. As I said, if the gesture area is included in the screen like I think it will be, the phone shouldn't be so large. Like the Droid X I guess.
    <<thread cleaned>>

Last chance to keep personal attacks out of the discussion folks. The discussion is about device with a 5" screen. EVERYONE has a personal opinion about this and no one opinion is better (or more right) than another. Whichever side of the fence you stand, please respect other's opinions.

Thank you!
    <quote deleted>

I did not mean to attack you, I didn't think I did my friend! I was just trying to make a point!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/25/2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: quote deleted as original was deleted from thread
    It wasn't your post.

It was a reply to my response post by someone else.
    Honestly I may think about it now even if it's 5 inches and even if it's only slate, but if a 4 inch keyboard version came out, I'd get that instead, I just want a phone with a bigger screen that works properly and runs webos
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Honestly I may think about it now even if it's 5 inches and even if it's only slate, but if a 4 inch keyboard version came out, I'd get that instead, I just want a phone with a bigger screen that works properly and runs webos
    That's why I want the larger screen. I think 3.5 inch and 4 inch with a virtual keyboard is too small, but with it being so large it would be big enough for the keyboard on screen.
    bigger screen that incorporates a gesture area would be sweet. Virtual keyboard would be nice also.
    lemme break this down for you hpalm. an evo with webos would be killer. not an even bigger evo with webos smh
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    The iPhone's screen is WAY too small. That's why they need apps so badly.
    That comment really doesn't make any sense, does it? The iPhone needs apps because of it's screen size??
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I'd like a 5" screen. The Pre's screen is so small that when I stick it in my pocket it "twists" horizontally.

Also, with that added screensize I want a better battery. A way better battery.
    A way, way, WAY better battery. That goes for every smartphone platform these days.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    A way, way, WAY better battery. That goes for every smartphone platform these days.
    Let me rephrase that...I don't care how much "better" the battery is, I want to be able to go a full day without needing to charge the device. That's all I'm asking, and right now the Pre fails at that pretty hard. :/
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    That's all anyone really needs though, a one day charge as we generally hook them up when we go to sleep anyways. It's not like we need a 2 week Kindle type charge.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    It depends on what you're doing. A better battery makes for a better business phone. E.g., if you're traveling all day or stuck in a place where you don't have easy access to a plug and need to check e-mail frequently or check web sites for info. I would probably get a WebOS phone with a 5" screen, but it would have to get me through the business day.
    played with the dell streak tonight. All I can say is me want!!! Screen size is so nice. It is big but still pocketable. I'm hopeing this is true!!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I kind of dig the "pocket tablet" aspect of a 5" device. And it's also a phone My 50 year old eyes aren't getting any better for close vision either. This could be something I'd buy. Not sure about a virtual keyboard, although my boys both have iPhone's and can type very fast.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    If this turns out to be true and the phone's around the same size as say an Evo or Epic then palm will have a winner for sure. I will be getting one and I know of a few others rocking a sprint pre who will as well.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I just want it to have a TI OMAP4 in it. That chip is salivation worthy. Can you say WebOS multitasking on a dual-core CPU with less power requirements than the current Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    I just want it to have a TI OMAP4 in it. That chip is salivation worthy. Can you say WebOS multitasking on a dual-core CPU with less power requirements than the current Pre?
    Yeah that would be great but don't get your hopes up for that anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    That comment really doesn't make any sense, does it? The iPhone needs apps because of it's screen size??
    It makes perfect sense. Many apps are really just reformated websites. If you are using a larger screen, those apps become useless.

Do you need an app to read the NYT on your computer? Granted you can use the mobile sites on the iPhone, but they lack the features of the website, features which are included in the app.

A large screen device means you simply go on the real website to get your info. This is why I prefer larger screens.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    It makes perfect sense. Many apps are really just reformated websites. If you are using a larger screen, those apps become useless.

Do you need an app to read the NYT on your computer? Granted you can use the mobile sites on the iPhone, but they lack the features of the website, features which are included in the app.

A large screen device means you simply go on the real website to get your info. This is why I prefer larger screens.
    Which is why I thought it was funny when everyone was originally criticizing Mojo saying it was "just webapps" when a lot of the iphone apps could be made with Mojo.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast