Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    +1. It would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything! *fingers crossed for some exciting announcements in 2011*
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I hope they DO come out with a 5" screen w/ VK - to make those who want one happy campers. I also hope they come out with a 3.75" portrait slider, to make those who want one (me) happy campers.

What I hope they DON'T DO, is put inferior hardware in the smaller phone, like they did with the Pixi. I do not have an interest in wearing a tablet on my belt. (Really, my preferred choice of carrying my phone (holster) is the only reason a 5" screen doesn't appeal to me. I can live with a virtual keyboard, and it seems I rarely use my phone for more than a few minutes by holding it up to my face (Bluetooth earpiece is just too convenient), but I don't think a large phone would survive very long riding on my hip (even if they did make a holster that big.)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I hope they DO come out with a 5" screen w/ VK - to make those who want one happy campers. I also hope they come out with a 3.75" portrait slider, to make those who want one (me) happy campers.

What I hope they DON'T DO, is put inferior hardware in the smaller phone, like they did with the Pixi. I do not have an interest in wearing a tablet on my belt. (Really, my preferred choice of carrying my phone (holster) is the only reason a 5" screen doesn't appeal to me. I can live with a virtual keyboard, and it seems I rarely use my phone for more than a few minutes by holding it up to my face (Bluetooth earpiece is just too convenient), but I don't think a large phone would survive very long riding on my hip (even if they did make a holster that big.)
    I can second that!
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post

Hi all,

My hope is it comes in 2 models, both the same under the hood, but one with and one without a keyboard. I am a keyboard kind of guy...that is why I have loved owning Palm's products.

take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I think you have to live with a 5 inch device before you can say it really is too big.

I'd had a Dell Streak since July and I can honestly say I have never had a problem with it being too big. I CAN imagine that a small skinny person (not me!) would find it a problem - As we say in the UK it's horses for courses.

BTW, I kinda miss my pre. The Streak is a cracking bit of kit, but I miss a keyboard.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    The Streak is a cracking bit of kit...
    I'm gonna have to remember that one!
    I really like the idea of a widescreen webOS device that could show either one big card in portrait mode, but two cards side-by-side in landscape mode - but also allowed you to have those two cards merge into one large card, if you desire.
    Now that would be an even bigger multitasking draw - you could be typing something in one card and referring to something else with the second, and then when you were done you could just slide the second out of the way, and be left with one big, wide card for your typing.

Its not true multi-window support, but it would be by far the best implementation we've seen on a smartphone or tablet.

And seriously - this would totally demand having a physical keyboard, not a touchscreen one.

EDIT: Like that awesome looking landscape keyboard slider in the middle! DO WANT.

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...ew-devices.jpg
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I think you have to live with a 5 inch device before you can say it really is too big.

I'd had a Dell Streak since July and I can honestly say I have never had a problem with it being too big. I CAN imagine that a small skinny person (not me!) would find it a problem - As we say in the UK it's horses for courses.

BTW, I kinda miss my pre. The Streak is a cracking bit of kit, but I miss a keyboard.
    Liked the Dell Streak so much that I bought a second one for my Dad. I wish there was a WebOS slab that could compete.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910